or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

Mine shows G too. The dongle is N compatible but our network is G. That's why. It's been working great. The one thing I notice is I get my strongest, steady signal by using the extension and laying it on top of the player. Although, just plugging the dongle directly into the back also works with no problem. It just fluctuates a bar.

Figured it out, changed the encryption from TKIP to AES and now it shows as N...TKIP doesn't support N.
post #92 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricot View Post

Figured it out, changed the encryption from TKIP to AES and now it shows as N...TKIP doesn't support N.

Yes, ok, makes sense now. I did the same thing.
post #93 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

You will need a HDMI 1.4 switcher when they become available. The receiver will not read the 1.4 properly. The switcher will run to the Mitsubishi adapter and the adapter will run to the receiver.

So if I buy the 300 Pani, I can pass the 3D through my onkyo 805 to my Samsung DLP HLT6187S? Just a single cable coming out from the player?
No issues with HDMI 1.4 support, and all I would need are the 3D glasses and the transmitter than hooks to my TV?
post #94 of 928
Pandora's live. Nice and clean interface. For those with plasmas, after a minute or so the screen moves, spins, etc.

S~
post #95 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

So if I buy the 300 Pani, I can pass the 3D through my onkyo 805 to my Samsung DLP HLT6187S? Just a single cable coming out from the player?
No issues with HDMI 1.4 support, and all I would need are the 3D glasses and the transmitter than hooks to my TV?

Umm, not quite. The 300 has 2 HDMI outs. One is v1.3 and will go to your 805 to carry HDMI audio. The other is v1.4 and will go to the display to separately carry the (3D) video. It's doubtful that the 805 will pass a 3D video stream since its HDMI chipset is v1.3 and likely doesn't have the necessary bandwidth nor the necessary firmware.
post #96 of 928
It's a DLP. Outputs checkerboard. Should work fine.
post #97 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Umm, not quite. The 300 has 2 HDMI outs. One is v1.3 and will go to your 805 to carry HDMI audio. The other is v1.4 and will go to the display to separately carry the (3D) video. It's doubtful that the 805 will pass a 3D video stream since its HDMI chipset is v1.3 and likely doesn't have the necessary bandwidth nor the necessary firmware.

Yeah teachsac is right, Checkerboard, NOT HDMI 1.4. It's that or spend thousands to replace existing equipment that works fine otherwise.
has anyone actually tried this combination? I'd like to make sure.
post #98 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

So if I buy the 300 Pani, I can pass the 3D through my onkyo 805 to my Samsung DLP HLT6187S? Just a single cable coming out from the player?
No issues with HDMI 1.4 support, and all I would need are the 3D glasses and the transmitter than hooks to my TV?

You should be able to. I have my Panasonc BDT300 running to my Onkyo TX-SR705 then from the receiver to my Samsung HL610750 television. With the Panny set to Checkerboard output, I get sound and video with just the one cable coming from the Panny. 1.4 does not come into play at all. In fact Blu ray 3D can run on a 1.3 as long as it is a CAT 2 type of 1.3 cable.
post #99 of 928
Running through a cable and passing through a chipset are two completely different things. 3D blu-Ray will not pass through the 1.3 chipset of the Onkyo.

S~
post #100 of 928
If the 300 Pani is set to output 3D-Checkerboard, which is half rez, it will passs thru the Onk.
post #101 of 928
Checkerboard is not the same as the BD 3D spec. Checkerboard will pass, BD 3D (true 3D) will not.

S~
post #102 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

If the 300 Pani is set to output 3D-Checkerboard, which is half rez, it will passs thru the Onk.

This is true, works fine for me. The half rez is not true though. My television shows full 1080p coming in when I click on the info button for the television and also the when I click on the status button on the Panny player.
post #103 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Running through a cable and passing through a chipset are two completely different things. 3D blu-Ray will not pass through the 1.3 chipset of the Onkyo.

S~

How can you say this when it does for me.
post #104 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

How can you say this when it does for me.

Because you are outputting checkerboard format for 3d, not full HD. They are different. Checkerboard and standard BDs will pass through 1.3 just fine. You can not pass full HD through a 1.3 chipset unless that chipset has been specifically designed to do so, such as the new sigma.

S~
post #105 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Because you are outputting checkerboard format for 3d, not full HD. They are different. Checkerboard and standard BDs will pass through 1.3 just fine. You can not pass full HD through a 1.3 chipset unless that chipset has been specifically designed to do so, such as the new sigma.

S~

I changed the setting on the Panny to full HD 3D and still got audio and video through the Onkyo. But since the television is not the new 3D television I got 2D video. None the less the Onkyo accepted the feed.
post #106 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

I changed the setting on the Panny to full HD 3D and still got audio and video through the Onkyo. But since the television is not the new 3D television I got 2D video. None the less the Onkyo accepted the feed.

That's because HDMI is backwards compatible. Everything from previous versions is included in the chipset's EDID table. You can run a 2D BD through HDMI 1.1 with the 350. You will not be able to run Full HD through the Onkyo.

S~
post #107 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

Yeah teachsac is right, Checkerboard, NOT HDMI 1.4. It's that or spend thousands to replace existing equipment that works fine otherwise.
has anyone actually tried this combination? I'd like to make sure.

Sorry. I forgot that checkerboard was what the DLPs already use, and via 1.3. I'm pretty sure that the "3D BD" stuff will need to go over HDMI 1.4, though.
post #108 of 928
I got the BDT-300 yesterday (and a P50VT25 as well) and I'm having trouble connecting it to my wireless network using the dongle. I use WEP and it's not an option on the wireless security settings. I tried all the other security options using my encryption key, but no luck. Does this device simply not do WEP or is there a firmware upgrade or am I missing something?
post #109 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

I got Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D Blu ray today imported from Germany. It works great. It looks just as good as MVA does.

could you give the web sight where you ordered it. in the 3d tech talk section there asking questions about it could you go to that section and give your answers to there questions then i will no what to do thanks have a nice day
post #110 of 928
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post

I got the BDT-300 yesterday (and a P50VT25 as well) and I'm having trouble connecting it to my wireless network using the dongle. I use WEP and it's not an option on the wireless security settings. I tried all the other security options using my encryption key, but no luck. Does this device simply not do WEP or is there a firmware upgrade or am I missing something?

Sorry, I'm hardwired to my network.
post #111 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post

I got the BDT-300 yesterday (and a P50VT25 as well) and I'm having trouble connecting it to my wireless network using the dongle. I use WEP and it's not an option on the wireless security settings. I tried all the other security options using my encryption key, but no luck. Does this device simply not do WEP or is there a firmware upgrade or am I missing something?

I was able to go to the manual option, select WEP and open network (I think it was) put in my 24 charact password and bingo, it connected. Then I did the firmware upgrade, so I know you don't have to do that first.
post #112 of 928
Thanks for the response, I must not have picked the Open Network option on the network security settings, because WEP is there, just like you said. So now everything is working beautifully, getting a 5 bar signal even though my wireless router is 2 floors up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

I was able to go to the manual option, select WEP and open network (I think it was) put in my 24 charact password and bingo, it connected. Then I did the firmware upgrade, so I know you don't have to do that first.
post #113 of 928
Glad you got it going. I've noticed my speed (by looking at my laptop) really goes down some time. From 56Mbps down to 10 or 11. The 350 w/wireless dongle just keeps pumping away, never goes below 3 bars. Netflix flows with no glitches or interruptions what so ever.
post #114 of 928
VierraCast interface was sluggish last night. Network was 11Mbps and my Samsung had no problem streaming.

S~
post #115 of 928
how many differant demo disc`s are there that came with the 300 or 350 players. i no only one came with player but i here there is more then one demo disc.
post #116 of 928
I noticed an odd issue over the past couple of days. Since I ran an HDMI from my BDT300 to my AVR, using the HDMI-Sub port, I keep having to change the HMDI-Sub setting to V.oFF. It doesn't seem to persist through power cycles. Has anyone else noticed this?
post #117 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Sorry. I forgot that checkerboard was what the DLPs already use, and via 1.3. I'm pretty sure that the "3D BD" stuff will need to go over HDMI 1.4, though.

That is not true. 1.4 just adds audio return cannel, 4kx2k resolution, HDMI Ethernet Channel and a few other things. Most of the features of spec 1.4 people can not even use at this point in time.
post #118 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

That is not true. 1.4 just adds audio return cannel, 4kx2k resolution, HDMI Ethernet Channel and a few other things. Most of the features of spec 1.4 people can not even use at this point in time.

+1

Blue Jeans and I believe Monoprice has great write-ups on the HDMI 1.4 vs. 1.3. Bottom line, 1.3 High Speed Cat 2 cables are fine for 3D. For those interested, go to the top of the page and cruise their sites.
post #119 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

how many differant demo disc`s are there that came with the 300 or 350 players. i no only one came with player but i here there is more then one demo disc.

I only got 1.
post #120 of 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

how many differant demo disc`s are there that came with the 300 or 350 players. i no only one came with player but i here there is more then one demo disc.

There are two panasonic demo disc that look very similar to one another, but have slightly differant content. One, only a panasonic rep has and the other is the 300/350 pack in. They look the same except for part number and an expiration date on the rep's disc. Plus the cover on the reps disc has "viera" wording added on it.

(1) Here is the panasonic reps disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...-disc-v1-2.php

(2) Here is the 300/350 pack in disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...n-disc-vff.php
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread