or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic! - Page 3

post #61 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

I can't even play Wipeout in HD right now, it says I need do download some file from the store, but Wipeout is essentially missing.

I have been having issues with PSN all day, several times it told me it was not available in my region .

Jason
post #62 of 955
My PS3 is downloading the WipEout HD Demo right now. We'll see what happens. The downloads are very slow.

I am also going to download the Super Stardust HD Demo. Not bad that they put up 3 Demo's. I'll also try the 3D add on for Pain, which is a fun game.

Now, if I could only find a Mitsbishi 3DA-1 adapter.....life would be perfect. Well, at least a lot better.
post #63 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

My PS3 is downloading the WipEout HD Demo right now. We'll see what happens. The downloads are very slow.

I am also going to download the Super Stardust HD Demo. Not bad that they put up 3 Demo's. I'll also try the 3D add on for Pain, which is a fun game.

Now, if I could only find a Mitsbishi 3DA-1 adapter
.....life would be perfect. Well, at least a lot better.

June 18th (supposedly), which means I'll hopefully have it by the 22nd.
post #64 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I have been having issues with PSN all day, several times it told me it was not available in my region .

Jason

I was able to re-download it from my past downloads in the store, it was just weird that Wipeout didn't show up at all in the store when I looked for it.
post #65 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

My PS3 is downloading the WipEout HD Demo right now. We'll see what happens. The downloads are very slow.

No doubt its slow. Its taking me 3+ hours to DL the 500mb Pain update.
post #66 of 955
There is an issue downloading wipeout you have to install a second file that shows up in downloads in the store.. But once you do it sure looks good
post #67 of 955
i went over to my buddies house today. He has a ps3 and the plasma panny! nice tv in 3d blue ray!- but i was not impressed by the consul games in 3d. too low resolution and poor looking graphics.

i cant wait to bring my HTPC over to his house to check out the plasma and HTPC. Just waiting on 3dplay software.
post #68 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJoy View Post

i was not impressed by the consul games in 3d. too low resolution and poor looking graphics.

Did you play Super Stardust HD in 3D? It's a beautiful game (at least it's 2D version is). I know they have to bump it down to 720p from 1080p, but it should still look pretty damn good. Wipeout I heard suffers a bit more.
post #69 of 955
I thought all 4 games were great. Sat at the MotorStorm replay for like 10 minutes Stardust was insane with all the particles coming at you. I just fail to see how you would not be impressed. This is their first try and it's pretty much flawless execution. It will only get better from here.

Yes Pain was ridiculous downloading 600+ megs took forever, even on an otherwise crazy fast net connection.

If any d/l stops, just try again and it will eventually work.
post #70 of 955
glad I found this post. Very helpful.

I actually d/l three of the four (Wipeout, SSHD and Motorstorm) and my impressions are different than others. I have a samsung c8000 3d HDTV tv 55 inch:

Motorstorm - by FAR the best looking in 3d. mud flies everywhere, depth is amazing. Yes it def does not look as good as 1080p. It's barely even 720 but man it def feels the best

Wipeout - really good too but not as in your face as motorstorm. highly recommended and looks the best out of the three (from a graphics perspective - def 720).

SSHD - balance of 3d and good graphics. Def is 720, particles do at times pop out and def makes the game a lot better - close runner up to #2.
post #71 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

glad I found this post. Very helpful.

I actually d/l three of the four (Wipeout, SSHD and Motorstorm) and my impressions are different than others. I have a samsung c8000 3d HDTV tv 55 inch.....

None of the new games output checkerboard or DLP link do they? I cannot get them to work with my c9.
post #72 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Did you play Super Stardust HD in 3D? It's a beautiful game (at least it's 2D version is). I know they have to bump it down to 720p from 1080p, but it should still look pretty damn good. Wipeout I heard suffers a bit more.

yes played both those games. i think im just really spoiled by pc 3d. im glad you consul guys get 3d but coming from htpc consuls lack luster.
post #73 of 955
None of the new games output checkerboard or DLP link do they? I cannot get them to work with my c9.

I downloaded all of them to play on my Mits 73735. None of them output checkerboard. With any luck the Mits adapters needed will be available next Friday.

DLP link is the output of your tv to the glasses. I use the Xpand 102's and they work great with my Mits.
post #74 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

None of the new games output checkerboard or DLP link do they? I cannot get them to work with my c9.

I downloaded all of them to play on my Mits 73735. None of them output checkerboard. With any luck the Mits adapters needed will be available next Friday.

DLP link is the output of your tv to the glasses. I use the Xpand 102's and they work great with my Mits.

Only Avatar and Invincible Tiger work on the Mits right now, as both offer checkerboard output. I got Avatar for like $26 used from Gamestop if you wanted to play a game on your Mits. It's pretty sweet graphically IMO.
post #75 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJoy View Post

yes played both those games. i think im just really spoiled by pc 3d. im glad you consul guys get 3d but coming from htpc consuls lack luster.

No doubt 3D on the PC looks 10x's better. I played Avatar on the PC with 3D vision and it looked great except for the fact that the LCD I used had a lot of crosstalk. Avatar on the 360 in 3D looks like crap and runs at 25fps.

SSHD looks great.
post #76 of 955
Looks like the Playstation Move title "The Flight: Lights Out" will support 3D at launch.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/09/u...ting-tomorrow/
post #77 of 955
That's cool. The demos looked great of motorstorm and pain was a pleasant surprise since I already bought that game. What a fun game it is too.
I think the games only drawback in 3D is they are darker and not quite as colorful.
The added depth is cool though.
post #78 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofster View Post

I thought all 4 games were great. Sat at the MotorStorm replay for like 10 minutes Stardust was insane with all the particles coming at you. I just fail to see how you would not be impressed. This is their first try and it's pretty much flawless execution. It will only get better from here.

Agreed. Whenever family wanted to see the VT20 in action, Super Stardust was the real crowd pleaser. In my view, this is the best console implementation so far. ZERO ghosting, great depth of field, hi-res, beautiful, with lots of "WOW!!" in 3D. Wipeout is a close second, while motorstorm makes the whole 3D thing look more like a half-baked PS2 experiment.

Avatar is fun, but gives my a headache after an hour. Side by Side content generally leaves me annoyed; ghosting, fatigue. No wonder some 3D gets such a bad rap.

Can't wait for GT5!!!
post #79 of 955
Yesterday, after finishing a race in Wipeout 3D, I entered photo mode and amused myself just rotating the camera around the various ships in 3D. I was able to get some incredible image pop that way.
post #80 of 955
So, the Microsoft E3 Press Conference just aired today, AND....

No mention of 3D on Xbox 360 at all during the conference. Looks like they're just leaving it up to publishers to decide if they want to include SbS or T&B. I'm guessing this means no update for "Frame Packing" video games from Xbox 360.

Here's a story regarding the lack of mention of 3D at the press conference:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097427p1.html

Hopefully we'll see more regarding 3D gaming tomorrow during Sony's E3 Press Conference.
post #81 of 955
Well you know Nintendo will be talking 3D, it just wont have anything to do with TV's.
post #82 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post

Yesterday, after finishing a race in Wipeout 3D, I entered photo mode and amused myself just rotating the camera around the various ships in 3D. I was able to get some incredible image pop that way.

Gotta try that! I did a similar thing with Avatar on my PS3. You can make plants pop out at or you, or give your character a big gun and face out of the screen. I found myself dragging my hand through where the gun is "supposed" to be several times. Great to finally have control over the experience.
post #83 of 955
Downloading MLB the Show 3d demo now!!
post #84 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

Downloading MLB the Show 3d demo now!!

Ooh gotta check that out!
post #85 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

Downloading MLB the Show 3d demo now!!

What!?!


<---Jealous
post #86 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

What!?!


<---Jealous

My god, 2 hours later and Im only 30%!! Guess I will see it in the morning!!
post #87 of 955
I saw MLB The Show on a demo loop earlier this year. That and the game with the planets were tops. I'm talking about real eye openers. My PS3 Slim was delivered by UPS a short while ago but I'm at work. My wife works close to home and stopped by to bring the box in the house (UPS knows to put our stuff over the fence by the back door). Can't wait to get home and download those games.
post #88 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

Downloading MLB the Show 3d demo now!!

There is a 3D demo of this now?
post #89 of 955
Yep, it's almost 3 gig .

Jason
post #90 of 955
So I never use my PS3 (I use a standalone BD player and a 360 for gaming), it's just sitting in my equipment closet, but I'm going to pull it out this weekend to try out some of the 3D games.

I believe there are 4 games and the MLB demo? Are all of these games downloadable? What game is the best to get (take in account gameplay and 3d effects)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic!