or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic! - Page 25

post #721 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Great, thanks. The demo supports 3D too I take it?

Yes indeed
post #722 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

I'd take Gears in 2D any day over Killzone, Resistance, or even Uncharted 3 in 3D..



WOW ....... That's just crazy talk... someone call the insane asylum as we have an escaped patient

I love the whole story and feel of Resistance series and Resistance 3 was outstanding. Killzone 1,2,3 I could take them or leave them... they feel like a cheaper version of Gears Of War, but Uncharted (3D or 2D) is the most fun i've had in a video game since i got my Nintendo system for Christmas back in the 80's and first played Super Mario Bros.



everyones setup, equipment, glasses and most important eye sight is different




Also, in regards to the other posters about the PS3 3D setup. I adjusted my screen size to 11" and wow the 3D in Uncharted was so strong my eyes felt like there were on fire. I had to adjust the s3D strength in gaem down by 2 notches. I thought the 3D and epth before was great but now the whole image feels like it surrounds me and the depth is huge.... good find
post #723 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post



WOW ....... That's just crazy talk... someone call the insane asylum as we have an escaped patient

I love the whole story and feel of Resistance series and Resistance 3 was outstanding. Killzone 1,2,3 I could take them or leave them... they feel like a cheaper version of Gears Of War, but Uncharted (3D or 2D) is the most fun i've had in a video game since i got my Nintendo system for Christmas back in the 80's and first played Super Mario Bros.



everyones setup, equipment, glasses and most important eye sight is different




Also, in regards to the other posters about the PS3 3D setup. I adjusted my screen size to 11" and wow the 3D in Uncharted was so strong my eyes felt like there were on fire. I had to adjust the s3D strength in gaem down by 2 notches. I thought the 3D and epth before was great but now the whole image feels like it surrounds me and the depth is huge.... good find

So you are saying then that you think the 3D in GOW 3 is at least on par with Killzone 3 or better? How about the overall game?

I have GOW 3 but haven't opened it yet. I was thinking of returning it because I mainly was interested in it if it has outstanding 3D...
post #724 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post


So you are saying then that you think the 3D in GOW 3 is at least on par with Killzone 3 or better? How about the overall game?

I have GOW 3 but haven't opened it yet. I was thinking of returning it because I mainly was interested in it if it has outstanding 3D...

It's 3D isn't eye popping crazyness but the game itself it better then Killzone3.

3D goes to KZ3
Best game goes to gears.
post #725 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

It's 3D isn't eye popping crazyness but the game itself it better then Killzone3.

3D goes to KZ3
Best game goes to gears.

+1 to this. Gears 3 is a much, much better game than Killzone 3.
post #726 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

It's 3D isn't eye popping crazyness but the game itself it better then Killzone3.

3D goes to KZ3
Best game goes to gears.

100% agreed

Killzone 3 is better with 3D, but game wise it feels like a cheap GOW wannabe

Game goes to GOW3
post #727 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

100% agreed

Killzone 3 is better with 3D, but game wise it feels like a cheap GOW wannabe

Game goes to GOW3

I figured that was the case with GOW 3 being the better game. But my main interest in it was for experiencing (more) 3D gaming. If the 3D in it is just fair I probably will pass. Unless you are saying that from a 2D experience the game is a unique experience compared to GOW 2 (same old or same old or...?).
post #728 of 955
It's sad that people would pass on Gears 3. It's the best in the series. I too was hoping for a great 3D experience with Gears of War 3. Instead, I got the worst 3D I've ever seen. I switched back to 2D, and had an absolute blast for the next 8 hours! I love 3D, but quality is quality.
post #729 of 955
I picked up Crysis off PSN last night. It's on sale this week for $14.99 and $10.49 if you're a PSN+ member.

On my setup, the 3D looks pretty good. It's pretty subtle, but does add to the experience. I think I'll mess with the screen size and see if it makes a difference. What is odd is in options, I picked 3D and the only choice was over/under. I picked it and it worked just like anything else - not sure if that matters to anyone.

Either way, for the $10.49 I paid, it's a no-brainer. Recommend everyone that can pick it up.
post #730 of 955
I wouldnt play a game for its 3D unless the 3D was native or used some kind of advanced reprojection tech. Everything from Socom to Arkham to Gears I have laid eyes on is not worth getting red marks on my nose.
post #731 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airion View Post

It's sad that people would pass on Gears 3. It's the best in the series. I too was hoping for a great 3D experience with Gears of War 3. Instead, I got the worst 3D I've ever seen. I switched back to 2D, and had an absolute blast for the next 8 hours! I love 3D, but quality is quality.

Thanks. It's good to know that if I don't like the 3D that the 2D is still with the experience.
post #732 of 955
Is there a setting ti get uncharted in 3d? Or does the tv have to matrix the 3d?
post #733 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Is there a setting ti get uncharted in 3d? Or does the tv have to matrix the 3d?

Go in the options and you will see the 3D
post #734 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

Go in the options and you will see the 3D

Should enable automatically actually.
post #735 of 955
I always have to pick 3D in the menu every time I start Uncharted 3.
post #736 of 955
i had to go to the ps3 settings to make sure it output 3d signal (it already did fine for movies just not games) automatically changes to 3d now. thanks for the help!
post #737 of 955
Thread Starter 
Anyone see this yet or got any thoughts on it?

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/art...r-3d-game.html

Also what about Ghost Recon Future Soldier? I believe it will also be Kinect and 3D.

Also 1 last thing (hope I'm not asking a question already been asked here but) I was noticing this TV size 3D cheat thing, will this work with Frame Pack games on the 360 ?

Any thought's greatly appreciated.
post #738 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectCr View Post

Should enable automatically actually.

Nope.. but that may depend on your setup. I dont have a 3D TV, too small
I have 3D projector
post #739 of 955
Tried Sword and Soldiers last night. Got it over a year ago prior to having a 3D setup, so it was a nice surprise to see it supports 3D.

Nothing that will rock your world, but the 3D is a nice addition to a criminally underrated game that everyone should try.

Dungeon Defenders is on sale too for around $8 and it too looks pretty great in the 3D. Another amazing game as well.
post #740 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan M View Post

Anyone see this yet or got any thoughts on it?

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/art...r-3d-game.html

Also what about Ghost Recon Future Soldier? I believe it will also be Kinect and 3D.

Also 1 last thing (hope I'm not asking a question already been asked here but) I was noticing this TV size 3D cheat thing, will this work with Frame Pack games on the 360 ?

Any thought's greatly appreciated.

With regard to Star Wars Kinect being 3D, I saw the video of it and it looked interesting, especially as the 360 can clearly pump out some good 3D visuals.

Personally though I really don't like games that are 100% Kinect controlled. My preference is something like Halo Anniversary or the upcoming Mass Effect 3 where you can use your control pad as your primary controller and Kinect to perform secondary functions like throwing grenades, switching weapons or commanding squadmates as I find that a more organic use of the device than just waggling your arms around.

If Ghost Recon and a few more games were follow this hybrid control model I may even be tempted to get a Kinect myself. It would be nice if Star Wars also implemented that kind of hybrid control scheme (though I'm not holding my breath for that).
post #741 of 955
Quesion : How do you set your PS3 screen size to X" ?
And doesnt it look too small and weird to look at a screen size of 10" on a 50" tv ?
post #742 of 955
the only way to set your ps3 to "x" screen size setting as of now is to re-auto-detect the display settings and then manually change it to whatever inch size you want. and to answer your 2nd question, it definitely depends on how 3d is implemented in any particular game, in some games it is so extreme is is unviewable, in others it shifts the pop-in/pop-out balance, in some it has no effect at all, but in games like uncharted 3 or child of eden it makes the depth almost perfect....there is no magic bullet you have to do different tests to get the best 3d setting for each individual game.
post #743 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D View Post

And doesnt it look too small and weird to look at a screen size of 10" on a 50" tv ?

It doesn't shrink the image, if that's what you're thinking. Rather, it adjusts the 3D as lunaluagua described.
post #744 of 955
Thanks kindly for your response.
How do you manually set the screen size.
post #745 of 955
After the PS3 auto detects your display, it will then ask you to enter the screen size manually. There's no way for the PS3 to detect your screen size, so it just has to ask you and trust you're honest (but most of us here are lying scoundrels). The only way to access this setting is by using the auto detect display option though.
post #746 of 955
I picked up the Jak and Daxter Remastered Trilogy for PS3 as the games support stereoscopic 3D. I'm about 1/4 of the way thru the first game and the 3D effect is pretty good, especially Daxter's in your face animations when you die. I expect the 3D will be even better in the later games as they were technically and visually more advanced. I'd never played any of the J&K PS2 games so this is a fresh experience for me and a bargain at $39.99 for 3 games.
post #747 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I picked up the Jak and Daxter Remastered Trilogy for PS3 as the games support stereoscopic 3D. I'm about 1/4 of the way thru the first game and the 3D effect is pretty good, especially Daxter's in your face animations when you die. I expect the 3D will be even better in the later games as they were technically and visually more advanced. I'd never played any of the J&K PS2 games so this is a fresh experience for me and a bargain at $39.99 for 3 games.

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering how the 3D mode would be. How do frame-rate and resolution fare?
post #748 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering how the 3D mode would be. How do frame-rate and resolution fare?

I've avoided playing Jak 2 and Jak 3 until I finish the first game so I can only go by that one and the frame rate is fine most of the time but there are a few areas where the game really slows down (the fort in the Snowy Mountain for one). As far as resolution goes, again I've only played the first game and I find the resolution to be quite sharp (game is 720p) with none of the drops you see in newer games though the art style is relatively simplistic compared to today's games of course.



BTW, House of the Dead: Overkill for the PS3 is also 3D. I picked that one up and played thru the first chapter. The 3D is pretty good though not as in your face as I expected for a game like this; there is also a bit more ghosting visible in this one. The game is also ridiculously over the top in terms of profanity; its set up like a bad 1970s grindhouse movie, right down to the scratched film, really embraces that motif. In terms of control, I find the Move to be quite accurate and I got thru the first chapter on my first playthru. Holding the Move controller can cramp your arm up pretty quickly however so I may look into a gun shell.
post #749 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post


I've avoided playing Jak 2 and Jak 3 until I finish the first game so I can only go by that one and the frame rate is fine most of the time but there are a few areas where the game really slows down (the fort in the Snowy Mountain for one). As far as resolution goes, again I've only played the first game and I find the resolution to be quite sharp (game is 720p) with none of the drops you see in newer games though the art style is relatively simplistic compared to today's games of course.

BTW, House of the Dead: Overkill for the PS3 is also 3D. I picked that one up and played thru the first chapter. The 3D is pretty good though not as in your face as I expected for a game like this; there is also a bit more ghosting visible in this one. The game is also ridiculously over the top in terms of profanity; its set up like a bad 1970s grindhouse movie, right down to the scratched film, really embraces that motif. In terms of control, I find the Move to be quite accurate and I got thru the first chapter on my first playthru. Holding the Move controller can cramp your arm up pretty quickly however so I may look into a gun shell.

Forgot about house of the dead... I may have to download it since I have the move gun thing that came out when killzone was released. Does it require constant recalibration? Dead space extraction was excruciating with that lol.
post #750 of 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Forgot about house of the dead... I may have to download it since I have the move gun thing that came out when killzone was released. Does it require constant recalibration? Dead space extraction was excruciating with that lol.

On my setup I was able to get thru the entire first chapter without recalibrating once. Accuracy seemed solid and consistent throughout the level and my biggest issue was my arm cramping up a bit because of the shape of the move controller; hopefully a gun shell will remedy that somewhat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Console Games Topic!