or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

post #1 of 11893
Thread Starter 
Scheduled for release 11/9/10

Call of Duty: Black Ops' Locations Detailed
UK retailer reveals settings for Treyarch's shooter.
by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, April 30, 2010 - Locations for the recently announced Call of Duty: Black Ops have been detailed by UK retailer GAME, with Cuba, the Arctic and Vietnam among the backdrops.

"Now you will witness the birth of the Elite Special Forces and take part in off-the-record missions using unconventional weaponry to get the job done," states the description on GAME's site, spotted by Eurogamer, "From Cuba to the Arctic and the jungles of Vietnam, Call of Duty: Black Ops features stunning cinematic graphics and intense gameplay that puts you right at the heart of the action!"

We'll know more when the first official trailer launches later tonight. Keep those eyes peeled, soldier.
post #2 of 11893
Thread Starter 
Activision has also officially announced Call of Duty: Black Ops will "take players behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter" of the first-person shooter series. The publisher confirmed the game will have a single-player campaign, competitive multiplayer, and a co-op mode. It is unclear if the co-op mode will be for the entire campaign or of a more limited scope as in Modern Warfare 2's Special Ops mode.
post #3 of 11893
I may be one of the few, but I'm interested :P I'm backing Respawn 100%, however, it will be hard to let go of the CoD franchise.
post #4 of 11893
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus18 View Post

I may be one of the few, but I'm interested :P I'm backing Respawn 100%, however, it will be hard to let go of the CoD franchise.

+1 Although I haven't enjoyed the Treyarch Call of Duty's as much as IW's, I'm hoping there's at least something new that will differentiate this from the past games. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but only time will tell.
post #5 of 11893
Not a big fan of Treyarch (WAW was decent though), but I like the "black ops" theme and I can see how "black ops" would allow them to do a bunch of "zombies" and other supernatural type stuff if they wanted to.
post #6 of 11893
Treyarch deserves a chance if they learned from the mistakes of WaW...
post #7 of 11893
Thread Starter 
"Unconventional weaponry" and "off-the-record missions"............more stealth-based gameplay, maybe
post #8 of 11893
it will be interesting to see the trailer hit tonight with the a large portion of the gaming community watching...
post #9 of 11893
post #10 of 11893
Hrm, interesting. So much for Vietnam/Cold War.
post #11 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Hrm, interesting. So much for Vietnam/Cold War.


How do you figure?
post #12 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan99 View Post

How do you fugure?

Well, for now at least unless Treyarch is planning on releasing two games this year.

Or do you suppose it's "Spec-Ops" in Vietnam/Cold War?

*edit* Looking back at the OP I guess it probably IS focused on that time period, NVM, you are correct.
post #13 of 11893
Or the game could time jump the way the orignal modern warefare did.....

Story go like something.
You play as X in vietnam doing special missions and get captured after awhile

20 years later play as X son.
you go retrieve/revenge your father only to find out hes actually the head of the new terroist organation and is having his revenge on the world for leaving him in vietnam. It's also why his tatic and the new terrosits are so well trained. (Him being former something elite)
post #14 of 11893
Possible but I think it'd be too obvious of a ripoff.
post #15 of 11893
just preordered at amazon. I feel like such a sheep. Say the words call of duty and I will gladly throw my money away! (my wifes opinion of what Im doing with our money, not mine)
post #16 of 11893
Looking forward to this one, never understood the Treyarch hate. Had a ton of fun playing W@W.
post #17 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

just preordered at amazon. I feel like such a sheep. Say the words call of duty and I will gladly throw my money away! (my wifes opinion of what Im doing with our money, not mine)

Wait, they already have the ability to pre-order it up 3 hours after the first hint of the game? Now THAT's efficency!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

Looking forward to this one, never understood the Treyarch hate. Had a ton of fun playing W@W.

I tried to enjoy the game but never got into it. The entire thing felt sloppy to me. To each his own I suppose.
post #18 of 11893
I liked WAW much better than MW2. MW2 had too many glitches, was way too easy (even on Veteran), and simply doesn't seem as "fun" to me on multiplayer. After playing for 80 hours I finally hit Prestige and will trading it in later tonight. Yes, Treyarch didn't do a good job on COD3 (at least in my opinion) but WAW was a ton of fun.
post #19 of 11893
Im hoping this trailer they show tonight has some zombie action in it, or at least hints that it will be in the game
post #20 of 11893
Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer View Post

Or the game could time jump the way the orignal modern warefare did.....

Story go like something.
You play as X in vietnam doing special missions and get captured after awhile

20 years later play as X son.
you go retrieve/revenge your father only to find out hes actually the head of the new terroist organation and is having his revenge on the world for leaving him in vietnam. It's also why his tatic and the new terrosits are so well trained. (Him being former something elite)

Elite like Chuck Norris elite? I'm seeing a new Missing in Action movie...
post #21 of 11893
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-call-of/64933

Even though it's a very brief trailer, I'm leaning more towards not ordering this. The rip-off is too obvious and it may just end up being a watered down MW2.
post #22 of 11893
#1. Only a fraction of the MW2 base will be playing this.

#2. wait 2 weeks and get it bargain bin or used.

#3. Wait for it to drop in price because there WILL be over priced DLC.
post #23 of 11893
the trailer didn't do anything for me one way or the other. It wasn't much of a trailer.

But it does look like its going to be my super chuck noris movie
post #24 of 11893
I dunno, I thought it was a cool trailer. But of course didn't show any gameplay or anything.

I guess I'm the only one who would be fine with MW2 + all new maps and weapons, and maybe new time period(s). A few twists would be good too, but I'd literally buy a re-skinned MW2. Guess I'm a sucker
post #25 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

#1. Only a fraction of the MW2 base will be playing this.

#2. wait 2 weeks and get it bargain bin or used.

#3. Wait for it to drop in price because there WILL be over priced DLC.

1. Most people played MW2 for about a month or 2 and either went back to MW1 or are playing Bad Company 2. (I bounce back and forth between MW2 and BC2)

2. There were sales all over the place 2 weeks after MW2 came out where you could get it for 39.99

3. the maps must not have been too overpriced since the stimulus map pack broke records for amount of downloads and analysts said they could have charged 20 bucks and still seen excellent #'s.

IMHO, I thought it looked bad ass. True it didn't show much, but what "reveal" trailer ever does...
post #26 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus18 View Post

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-call-of/64933

Even though it's a very brief trailer, I'm leaning more towards not ordering this. The rip-off is too obvious and it may just end up being a watered down MW2.

So what is ripped-off exactly?
post #27 of 11893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer View Post

Or the game could time jump the way the orignal modern warefare did.....

Story go like something.
You play as X in vietnam doing special missions and get captured after awhile

20 years later play as X son.
you go retrieve/revenge your father only to find out hes actually the head of the new terroist organation and is having his revenge on the world for leaving him in vietnam. It's also why his tatic and the new terrosits are so well trained. (Him being former something elite)

Oooh Oooh, lemme be Patrick Swayze training with all the vets.
post #28 of 11893
As long as they fix the hit lag and crappy hit detection that plagued WaW (as well as add more feedback when hitting enemies), Treyarch can't do any wrong.
post #29 of 11893
post #30 of 11893
I thought the trailer looked pretty cool. I don't know if I'll pre-order, but I think I'll definitely be picking it up soon after release.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops