or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › LoveSac Sactional - anyone have one for a while?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LoveSac Sactional - anyone have one for a while?

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a LoveSac Sactional sofa. Possibly this weekend. I'm having a hard time finding reviews that aren't "testimonials" that seem to source from lovesac themselves.

Has anyone here had one, or know somebody who has, for a little while? Possibly a year or three? I wanted to get an idea on how well they hold up over time.

I like the modular style and getting furniture into our basement is an issue. to me they're comfortable but the price is just a stretch over my original budget. My gut is telling me Shawny D overprices them so he can create a (slightly) higher end image than they actually are. My main concern is how well they hold up...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some info! There's a sale at a low end furniture store this weekend for a cheapy modular I'm also considering... if sactionals fall apart then I may as well go the cheap route.

Adios,

- ZT
post #2 of 37
Thread Starter 
I appears nobody had any info in my short time span of asking... but the thread title drew enough people to read the post within a few days. I thought I'd follow up since there was interest.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the sactional furniture. It blew my budget on other home theater upgrades but we sorely needed good seating in the basement and as I said fitting furniture down our stairwell was an issue.

So far I'm very happy with the purchase. Yes I still think they're slightly overpriced pieces of furniture but I'm very satisfied with what we've received. I may collect a bit more info and throw together an "official thread" in case anybody else comes looking for info. I did see a few other lovesac posts on these forums sprinkled around so I know there are people out there that consider them for HT seating.

In the meantime if anyone has questions about the product, feel free to ask!

- ZT
post #3 of 37
What configuration are you going with? When I saw this post I took a look, I hadn't realized that they were making non-bean bag furniture. The "Movie Lounger" looks intriguing. Was wondering if that's what you went for...
post #4 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarland View Post

What configuration are you going with? When I saw this post I took a look, I hadn't realized that they were making non-bean bag furniture. The "Movie Lounger" looks intriguing. Was wondering if that's what you went for...

Hi there Mbarland. Right now I've got it in an L shape so it fits in the corner of the basement. I still have a couple of pieces to assemble (couldn't fit all the boxes in my hatchback in 1 trip). I've got enough pieces together to form it into the movie lounger, so I may test that one out tomorrow night.

For those that don't know, the pieces are completely configurable. The whole thing is made up of 2 components. The base and the side. Want an ottoman? Just use the base. Add a side, you've got a chair with a back. Add 2 sides, it's a corner. Put 2 corners together, it's a love seat. etc... That was one of the big draws for me. When it's just me and my girl we can have it setup as the lounger. A few more people and maybe the L shape. Rock band night possibly one long row. If i get crafty (and a projector) I could even make some temporary bases and have 3 in front, 2 in back raised up.

It's pretty darn comfortable. I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't sleep on it (instead of with her), but I accidently passed out on it last night when I intended to just.. take a rest =)
post #5 of 37
Good to know. I've been looking into seating for my theater and these caught my eye once you brought them up. I've been looking at recliners, but I'm more of the deep, cushy couch type of fellow.

Thanks for the insights. Keep us updated.
post #6 of 37
How are you liking your purchase now that you've had it a few weeks?
post #7 of 37
I first purchased the chair and ottoman (3 sides/2 bases) then an extra side to make a small sofa and now I finished it off with another 2 bases to make the TV Lounger also a couple of U-drinks.
LL
LL
LL
post #8 of 37
Sactionals are awesome! Just wish they would go on sale once in a while so I could add a few more pieces..
post #9 of 37
I've looked at these before and would really like to get 'em, but they're so darn pricey for what they are. I want a 3 base couch with an attached 3 base ottoman, plus one extra side. That way I could split off the ottomans and have 2 arm-less couches for parties.
post #10 of 37
get rich
post #11 of 37
Hi Everyone:

I just threw out a inquiry and really did not expect anything on the Sactionals. I looked at them in a store in CA about a year ago and was intrigued. The made so much sense but was also concerned about durability and total comfort. I have purchased furniture that looked like it made sense before only to be totally disappointed after a couple of years. I want to replace a totally unusable design in my living room and this appears to work great. It is a lot of money but am willing to go there if it worth it. Any updates since your purchases. The closest store is over 200 miles away so I need all the help I can get. Any information on what type of material you chose for the covers would be helpful also. I always want leather but may get voted out of it this time.
post #12 of 37
I'm a Sactional owner. What drew me to them was the same as everything else and what they basically market it for, extremely configurable and high modular. Absolutely overpriced in my opinion for what they are but what can you do. They own the patents on what makes it tick so if you like the idea and having something that will always fit your needs, can be easily moved and can have the covers washed or changed at any time then you are stuck. I bought mine (6 bases, 7 sides, 2 love throws and 4 throw pillows) about 3 months ago. Lots-o-cash but I don't regret it. I've wanted Sactionals for about 2 years and finally got tired of wanting.

Prices just went up late this summer so you should be good there for a while. The website prices are always considerably more then in store since the website gives "free shipping". If you can haul it yourself buy it in the store and you'll save a ton of money. The prices they are asking definitely have a little wiggle room, especially if you are buying a lot. Also ask if they are selling any floor furniture.
post #13 of 37
How have you guys like your Sactionals over time? Still using them? How are they holding up?
post #14 of 37
First a note about prices:

1. As mentioned before, the prices online are always more expensive than if you buy in the store, though a coworker of mine mentioned there are sometimes decent sales online that partially offset this.

2. The store near me has had a black friday sale (day after thanksgiving) for the last couple years that was very good. For the first hour they were open everything was 30% off. It requires getting up really early, but the savings can add up to a huge dollar amount if you are planning to buy a lot of pieces.

I don't know if all the stores do this, or just some, but it might be something to check on if you want to save some cash and don't mind waiting. They warn in advance that they don't have the sactionals in-stock for the sale - I didn't actually receive mine until January.

3. I think there is some price reduction and other financing options if you finance through them (a lovesac card). I bought during the sale mentioned above, so they said none of this was available.

Durability-wise, a friend of mine has had them for several years (and through one move) and they still seem to be in great shape.

I think they are really comfortable; soft but also supportive. The covers play a big role in the softness IMO. Going between the "rhinoplush" covers and the khaki ones (which you can do in the store by jumping between floor models) is the difference between extremely comfortable and just ok.

My one really big complaint is that there is no way with to make a long and deep couch with the current components. The deep loveseat is great, but there is no way to make a deep couch go more than 2 sections (while still having the backs line up correctly).

I eyed them for a couple years before I actually needed them (bought a house), and this was something I brought up the very first time I saw them. The salesperson at the time said they were working on another piece that would allow you to do that, but it has been at least a couple years since then and there is no such piece available. All it would take would be a "short side", one the same width as the short side of the base.

I'm still hoping they will eventually make such a thing so I can add it to my existing setup. As of now I have as many deep sections as possible and have ottomans positioned within range of the shallow sections to assist with the lounging and slouching.

The size of the deep-wise section is perfect IMO. I can slouch and the edge still almost comes to my knees. Add an ottoman and it is practically a bed
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecctor View Post


I eyed them for a couple years before I actually needed them (bought a house), and this was something I brought up the very first time I saw them. The salesperson at the time said they were working on another piece that would allow you to do that, but it has been at least a couple years since then and there is no such piece available. All it would take would be a "short side", one the same width as the short side of the base.

I'm still hoping they will eventually make such a thing so I can add it to my existing setup. As of now I have as many deep sections as possible and have ottomans positioned within range of the shallow sections to assist with the lounging and slouching.

I've been looking at sactionals for my HT. I was playing with the blocks they have in the store in the Mall of America and remarked about the incompatibility with the sides and a deeper couch depth. The rep at the store said that such a piece was orderable. This was about a month ago maybe.

Sactionals seem practical for me. I toss and turn when watching movies. I can't see myself shifting around in recliner style seating. When my wife and I are watching we could put sactionals in the daybed or movie lounger format and when company comes over switch it to a couch/chair/sectional format.

I'm still on the fence with the purchase though and it's all about price. Currently, I have a sofa (taken from another room) perpendicular to the screen. I lie on the sofa with pilows to prop up my head. My wife sits in a cushy chair with an ottoman. Not ideal but it works for now.
post #16 of 37
A roomie in college had a large sectional from lovesac as well as a HUGE beanbag actual lovesac....

as for the couch... it held up fairly well considering it was in the main living area of a college house with 6 guys. The nice thing was our living room was so open having furnature that "changed" based off our needs was great... one layout for football games, another for video games, and another for drinking/having people over.

... I wouldn't say they were the most comfortable couch I'ld ever been on (the beanbag on the other hand....oh man it was awesome).... but it being so versitle was great.
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by calee4444 View Post

I've been looking at sactionals for my HT. I was playing with the blocks they have in the store in the Mall of America and remarked about the incompatibility with the sides and a deeper couch depth. The rep at the store said that such a piece was orderable. This was about a month ago maybe.

Thanks for the info! I will have to go and ask them about this.
post #18 of 37
Thanks!

Looking at the chaise sectional, which could then become a movie lounger on the weekend or two armless love seats for board games and so on.

Anyone using the Metro 5s? Is the depth an issue for anyone?


Also anyone combining tweed with a dog ?
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Thanks!

Looking at the chaise sectional, which could then become a movie lounger on the weekend or two armless love seats for board games and so on.

Anyone using the Metro 5s? Is the doth an issue for anyone?

Depth......
post #20 of 37
Nevermind...just bought the full size version in Rhino Phur!
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Nevermind...just bought the full size version in Rhino Phur!

Congrats. now you gotta report back with a review.
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecctor View Post

First a note about prices:

1. As mentioned before, the prices online are always more expensive than if you buy in the store, though a coworker of mine mentioned there are sometimes decent sales online that partially offset this.

2. The store near me has had a black friday sale (day after thanksgiving) for the last couple years that was very good. For the first hour they were open everything was 30% off. It requires getting up really early, but the savings can add up to a huge dollar amount if you are planning to buy a lot of pieces.

I don't know if all the stores do this, or just some, but it might be something to check on if you want to save some cash and don't mind waiting. They warn in advance that they don't have the sactionals in-stock for the sale - I didn't actually receive mine until January.

3. I think there is some price reduction and other financing options if you finance through them (a lovesac card). I bought during the sale mentioned above, so they said none of this was available.

Durability-wise, a friend of mine has had them for several years (and through one move) and they still seem to be in great shape.

I think they are really comfortable; soft but also supportive. The covers play a big role in the softness IMO. Going between the "rhinoplush" covers and the khaki ones (which you can do in the store by jumping between floor models) is the difference between extremely comfortable and just ok.

My one really big complaint is that there is no way with to make a long and deep couch with the current components. The deep loveseat is great, but there is no way to make a deep couch go more than 2 sections (while still having the backs line up correctly).

I eyed them for a couple years before I actually needed them (bought a house), and this was something I brought up the very first time I saw them. The salesperson at the time said they were working on another piece that would allow you to do that, but it has been at least a couple years since then and there is no such piece available. All it would take would be a "short side", one the same width as the short side of the base.

I'm still hoping they will eventually make such a thing so I can add it to my existing setup. As of now I have as many deep sections as possible and have ottomans positioned within range of the shallow sections to assist with the lounging and slouching.

The size of the deep-wise section is perfect IMO. I can slouch and the edge still almost comes to my knees. Add an ottoman and it is practically a bed

Short sides have been out for a while and are the same price as the standard size. I have one..works great.

Be careful with the Black Friday thing. Around summer of last year they raised the prices of sactionals. Not sure if that'll happen again but I was waiting then saw the price go up. Luckily they offered Black Friday deals this year but that wasn't the case the two years prior.

I'm about 6 months in and love mine. I have a few on their love throws, a footsac (the best blanket ever) and pillows as well. All have been great and I don't regret my purchase at all. Two thumbs up.
post #23 of 37
Can somebody help me? I'm really lost. I'm thinking of getting one of these for our new bonus room. The room is 158" length and 144'' width.

I'm thinking of getting one of these that would be 140" length and then 70'' width. Also can the width side be adjusted so that its even longer?

Would 5 bases and 7 sides cover this configuration? Also, can I even do custom configurations or am I stuck with what's on the website?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.....
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4201 View Post

Can somebody help me? I'm really lost. I'm thinking of getting one of these for our new bonus room. The room is 158" length and 144'' width.

I'm thinking of getting one of these that would be 140" length and then 70'' width. Also can the width side be adjusted so that its even longer?

Would 5 bases and 7 sides cover this configuration? Also, can I even do custom configurations or am I stuck with what's on the website?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.....

The pre-built configs on the website are just there to make it easier to buy. There's no discount in buying those over each piece individually. Do you have a LoveSac store near you? Your best option would to be going there to play with the blocks. It helps a ton. If not you can always call a store to get their opinion. Keep in mind if you order from the website the price per piece is around 50.00 more for shipping compared to picking it up yourself. That'd be about a 600.00 savings if you picked it up at the store vs shipped.

The bases can be placed either way. Some configurations require you to use a "short side", a 3 cushion deep couch is an example.
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post

The pre-built configs on the website are just there to make it easier to buy. There's no discount in buying those over each piece individually. Do you have a LoveSac store near you? Your best option would to be going there to play with the blocks. It helps a ton. If not you can always call a store to get their opinion. Keep in mind if you order from the website the price per piece is around 50.00 more for shipping compared to picking it up yourself. That'd be about a 600.00 savings if you picked it up at the store vs shipped.

The bases can be placed either way. Some configurations require you to use a "short side", a 3 cushion deep couch is an example.

Yes, I went to a store nearby. However, I left there even more confused. I had 3 sales associates talking to me at once.

I went home and measure and figured out the 140 X 70 is the best configuration for me. Now that I have the configuration I'm thinking of going to another store, where hopefully I can get some one on one attention, instead of being mobbed by their sale associates.

My bonus room isnt going to be ready until next year so I'm thinking of waiting for a huge sale until I buy. I thought it was cheaper to buy online vs going to the store. There's even a 10% coupon. However, I could be wrong......
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4201 View Post

Yes, I went to a store nearby. However, I left there even more confused. I had 3 sales associates talking to me at once.

I went home and measure and figured out the 140 X 70 is the best configuration for me. Now that I have the configuration I'm thinking of going to another store, where hopefully I can get some one on one attention, instead of being mobbed by their sale associates.

My bonus room isnt going to be ready until next year so I'm thinking of waiting for a huge sale until I buy. I thought it was cheaper to buy online vs going to the store. There's even a 10% coupon. However, I could be wrong......

Bummer on the service. I've never experienced that before, definitely try another store!

Even with the 10% off online coupon in store will be cheaper. There's also definitely wiggle room in store. Getting 10% off there as well shouldn't be an issue, especially if you are talking about dropping sactional type cash!
post #27 of 37
Hello, it's been about two months now with our Sactional and we love it. We frequently swap between L-sectional (weekday arrangement) and Movie Lounger (weekend arrangement. We also did a pair of love seats for board game night with another couple and that went great.

Initially we had some issues with stitching on some of our base covers, but the store took care of everything and got us a whole new set of covers. Turns out they had swapped manufacturing facilities and I will say the covers from the new plant are great! The team at the San Jose, CA store was great to work with. Even when we met/called in to different people while taking care of the covers they always made sure to figure things out/pass messages/leave notes for other workers on different shifts so they things went smooth.

Picked up deep cup holders for the arms which are nice because the dog can't knock beverages out of them. Also thinking we need to get a short side so we can switch to the deep sofa. Having head it for 2 months now we definitely prefer when the bases are organized in the deep configuration.
post #28 of 37
We had ours now for 1 year. 6 sides, 6 bases. Very convenient and comfortable.
We just bought the leather covers yesterday. It was a hassle to insert the metal clamp: i needed a hammer to insert those. The thickness of the leather is not compatible with the width of the standard clamp. I don't know how to remove the clamps now if I need to modify the configuration.

Bottom line: if you are interested in the flexibility (the main reason for purchasing the Sactionals), don't buy the leather covers.
post #29 of 37
Glad to see others using these for home theater. I visited a store recently and we decided that sactionals are what we want to use for our dedicated media room. The movie lounger was the seller. Neither of us really care to be confined in a recliner and I personally don't care for leather seating all that much. This seems like the perfect combination of comfort and flexibility. I agree that the price is very steep for what you get but there isn't another option out there really. Luckily we do have a local store so we can take advantage of better pricing. Hopefully later this year we will take delivery of some new lovesac furniture. biggrin.gif Keep it coming with the reviews. Nice to hear how well this furniture is holding up.
post #30 of 37
My husband and I had been shopping around for new sofa set for quite sometime now and then finally decided to go with Lovesac Sectional because of the flexibility even though it's kind of pricey. We bought the new 6S sactionals and was trying to put it together last night but ran into some problem.While trying to put the cover (fabric) on the base but the opening on the cover for the metal clamp doesn't line up with the hole on the base. Thus, can't get it to clamp together when you try to put 2 bases or even the side together. If without cover.... it clamp in with no problem at all. Was it just me bad luck getting the unfit cover (defective one) or everyone else also running into the same problem? Any comment would be appreciated... thanks smile.gif
Edited by jensactionals - 6/18/12 at 12:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › LoveSac Sactional - anyone have one for a while?