Originally Posted by jcgrant1
Just got the 6400 recently and had about a week to play around with it so far. First of all I should probably note that the 6400 and 6500 are the same I think (likely the same tv with different model numbers assigned to different retailers). I bought the 6400 at a nationwide chain in Canada however noticed that Costco sells the 6500 rather than the 6400 here in Canada. The 6400 much like the 6500 is 1.4 inches deep which contradicts SAMSUNG's website.
I chose this tv over the B850 and B650 which seemed to fail in comparison to the C6400 when all three were viewed at a particular retailer. Don't get me wrong the B850 and B650 were nice but not quite like the C6400.
Also I should note that the I didn't go with the 7000 or 8000 models as I am not a fan of 3D at this point in time and have no kids to entertain with it.
First impressions :
1. Very impressive aesthetic (bezel/toc design).
2. Amazing black levels and contrast.
3. No burn in to speak of yet and I've been hard at leaving certain channels on for periods of time to test it.
4. Great glare protection. I have three windows in my livingroom which let light in directly facing the television and still get minimal glare from the plasma screen. I have to say that this tv has better glare protection than my Sony lcd did.
5. Great PQ. The setting right out of the box were pretty decent. All I really had to do was change from dynamic to movie mode then decrease the warmth from warm 2 to standard which immediately gave an awesome picture. I'll stick with these setting for a 100 hours or so then switch to something better if need be.
Overall, anyone buying the 6400 will not be dissappointed. Stop racking your brain about which model to buy and the pros and cons of each like I did. I spent hours after I ordered the 6400 reading posts from people listing pros and cons of each. I was so twisted that I thought that for sure I would have to return it for a variety of reasons like black levels, PQ, buzzing and whatnot. Don't listen to them, just buy it. You won't be disappointed.
Also, I'd like to address this buzzing issue that's been going around regarding Samsung plasma's. This is my 3rd Samsung plasma with no buzzing issues. I'm not really sure what to make of all of this. I've probably seen 50 Samsung plasma sets all 2009-2010 at a variety of different stores while shopping for mine. I tested everyone of them for buzz and never heard anything. All I heard from those sets and mine is a light hum from the internal systems (likely a fan). At home I do notice a directional tendancy for this hum only when sitting directly infront of the tv at approximately eye level. You don't really hear this anywhere else in the room. Also, you only hear this hum with no volume. When I turn the volume up even minimally you can't hear the hum. Also, I've never owned a tv that didn't make some sort of noise. Most people should realize that anything you buy that needs to be plugged into a power source will make some sort of noise.
Hope this helps................