or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Adjustment Bureau
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Adjustment Bureau - Page 2

post #31 of 88
I enjoyed this film kept me interested right to the end. I dont want to say too much on it as it could spoil it but it's worth are rent. It won't be everyones cup of tea but I'm glad I bought this on a blind buy. Will watch again later on down the track.
post #32 of 88
Dammit, this movie was not bad at all. Not great or oscar material but it's def worth a rental. Im just pissed that I have passed this up so many times in the store and only watched it last night because there was virtually nothing left to use my soon to expire bb coupon. Plus the fact they made it look like a cheap movie by labeling it a 2.99 one day rental. Yet they have hundreds of copies of trash like The roomate and Red.

The person or people who was responsible for naming this movie should be fired and never work in hollywood again. I mean, wtf would you name a movie about love and destiny and make it sound like some political drama. I had no idea, I thought this movie was about some government cover up or politics where it was nothing of the like.

Y'all know deep space travel is prob my fav genre but after that it's probably the power/ability to change or alter your destiny. Or maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me but films like this are very interesting and always entertaining. Another one I really like which is like this was Late for dinner.

And I bet this movie will not be watched by many for the same reason as mine. It could have been named Desinty unknown or Free will or Soul mates or anything but the Adjustment bureau.
post #33 of 88
This is one of my favorite recent films. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have a rare chemistry. Fate, love, destiny....what's not to love?
post #34 of 88
The Phillip K. Dick short story The Adjustment Bureau was based on is entitled Adjustment Team. In fact they kept most of the story intact.
post #35 of 88
good movie and good performances....one of the rare movies in the last 3 or 4 years that was engaging and different from the other polished special effects laden turds that have been coming out.
post #36 of 88
Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. It dabbled in the genre I really like. As others mentioned Matt Damon and Emily Blunt worked really well together
post #37 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post
Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. It dabbled in the genre I really like. As others mentioned Matt Damon and Emily Blunt worked really well together
Yeah, I can't remember ever seeing a film in which the leading man and lady projected as much sexual energy as Damon and Blunt did in The Adjustment Bureau.
post #38 of 88
Agree this is a great movie. The questions it raises and the fantastic nature of it really appeal to me. Also as noted by others Emily Blunt and Matt Damon have great chemistry and I think Blunt is hot not only in appearance but in personality.
post #39 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

I think Blunt is hot not only in appearance but in personality.

Emily Blunt is just about my favorite young actress these days. For example, I had feared The Young Victoria would be nothing but a costumed chick flick but decided to watch the BD anyway because of Blunt. I was glad I did. She was wonderful and the film, much to my surprise, was outstanding, too. I have a hard time getting my mind around how young she still is, 28.
post #40 of 88
Have you seen Wild Target w/ Bill Nighy and Rupert Grint? She played a rather different role.

I don't quite get the Brit's humor.
post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Have you seen Wild Target w/ Bill Nighy and Rupert Grint? She played a rather different role.

I don't quite get the Brit's humor.

Have not seen Wild Target but just added it to my BB queue. I usually enjoy dry English wit and a movie with Emily Blunt and Bill Nighy seems worth taking a chance on. I'll report my impressions after I watch it.
post #42 of 88
Arrived from Netflix today.
Will watch tonight.

Hopefully, it will play better than Source Code in my HT.
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

Agree this is a great movie. The questions it raises and the fantastic nature of it really appeal to me. Also as noted by others Emily Blunt and Matt Damon have great chemistry and I think Blunt is hot not only in appearance but in personality.

+1
Excellent science fiction.

No B.S. Hollywood formula, pure sci-fi, at its PKD best.
No sell-out here.

This is what Source Code could SHOULD have become.
Unlike Source Code, TAB holds together all the way to the Credits.

BTW, Emily Blunt's affect on me is starting to make the wife nervous...
post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Have you seen Wild Target w/ Bill Nighy and Rupert Grint? She played a rather different role.

I don't quite get the Brit's humor.

Thanks a million for the tip on Wild Target, I watched the BD tonight. I love Emily Blunt and she did not disappoint me here playing a sociopathic charm girl.. The movie is broad and certainly not for all tastes. Nevertheless, I thought it was terrific. Bill Nighy was quietly funny as an aging hit man and Rupert Grint did his Ron Weasley thing by playing a seeming doofus who is, somehow, competent at crunch time. Blunt, as always, had me at hello. I also loved Eileen Atkins, as the hit man's mother. She if a fine actress and funny, too. I hesitate to recommend Wild Target too lavishly because of how broad and odd it is but I gave it 8 Stars out of 10. Try it, you might like it
post #45 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Thanks a million for the tip on Wild Target, I watched the BD tonight. I love Emily Blunt and she did not disappoint me here playing a sociopathic charm girl.. The movie is broad and certainly not for all tastes. Nevertheless, I thought it was terrific. Bill Nighy was quietly funny as an aging hit man and Rupert Grint did his Ron Weasley thing by playing a seeming doofus who is, somehow, competent at crunch time. Blunt, as always, had me at hello. I also loved Eileen Atkins, as the hit man's mother. She if a fine actress and funny, too. I hesitate to recommend Wild Target too lavishly because of how broad and odd it is but I gave it 8 Stars out of 10. Try it, you might like it

+1
A fine night's entertainment...
post #46 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1
A fine night's entertainment...

Yep, no actress alive does edgy charm as well as the lovely Emily Blunt. By ordinary standards, Bill Nighy might be considered far too old for his role as the hit man in Wild Target but the whole thing was so wildly, unpredictably, over the top, I thought even that worked. Nobody can pull off stuff as crazy as that without it becoming silly as well as the Brits. As you say, a fine night's entertainment.

I have to see The Adjustment Bureau again now. I recently rewatched The Young Victoria because of how much I had loved Blunt in it the first time. It was even better the second time. I feel sure I will feel the same about The Adjustment Bureau if I see it again.
post #47 of 88
I do go out of my way to watch Dame Emily Blunt....much to the chagrin of my wife.
post #48 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1
Excellent science fiction.

No B.S. Hollywood formula, pure sci-fi, at its PKD best.
No sell-out here.

This is what Source Code could SHOULD have become.
Unlike Source Code, TAB holds together all the way to the Credits.

Sir, your dislike for SC has been DULY noted.
post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Sir, your dislike for SC has been DULY noted.

Oh...did I indicate that before??
post #50 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Oh...did I indicate that before??
You did indicate that before. Despite your well known tendencies toward understatement and subtlety, we figured out that you didn't like Source Code. That's all right, I am sure most of us prefer posters who call a spade a God damn spade instead of a spadey wadey.
post #51 of 88
I enjoy Film Freak Central's review of this movie. I don't entirely agree with all of it, but I do agree with a lot of it. I found the movie very nonsensical and disappointing.

I haven't seen Source Code yet, but I have a hard time believing it's worse than this.
post #52 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Thanks a million for the tip on Wild Target, I watched the BD tonight. I love Emily Blunt and she did not disappoint me here playing a sociopathic charm girl.. The movie is broad and certainly not for all tastes. Nevertheless, I thought it was terrific. Bill Nighy was quietly funny as an aging hit man and Rupert Grint did his Ron Weasley thing by playing a seeming doofus who is, somehow, competent at crunch time. Blunt, as always, had me at hello. I also loved Eileen Atkins, as the hit man's mother. She if a fine actress and funny, too. I hesitate to recommend Wild Target too lavishly because of how broad and odd it is but I gave it 8 Stars out of 10. Try it, you might like it
How much do you weigh?

Streamed WT from NF last night. Very lighthearted and very enjoyable. Bill Nighy was great.
post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I enjoy Film Freak Central's review of this movie. I don't entirely agree with all of it, but I do agree with a lot of it. I found the movie very nonsensical and disappointing.

I haven't seen Source Code yet, but I have a hard time believing it's worse than this.
I have a nickel that says you will dislike SC more.

SC is reasonably good until
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the ridiculous Hollywood mandated "romance" element is introduced.
post #54 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I have a nickel that says you will dislike SC more.

SC is reasonably good until
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the ridiculous Hollywood mandated "romance" element is introduced.

Which is somehow different than Adjustment Bureau?
post #55 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Which is somehow different than Adjustment Bureau?

Romance was the basis of the movie, it wasn't "introduced". The romance between Damon and Blunt was fundamental to the plot.
post #56 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

How much do you weigh?

Streamed WT from NF last night. Very lighthearted and very enjoyable. Bill Nighy was great.

Glad you liked it, too. Wild Target provided me with as many laugh out loud moments as I can remember in some time. But then I liked both The Adjustment Bureau and Source Code, too, so consider the source.
post #57 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Glad you liked it, too. Wild Target provided me with as many laugh out loud moments as I can remember in some time. But then I liked both The Adjustment Bureau and Source Code, too, so consider the source.

Why, I still don't know, even thought we've discussed the subject, but my wife seldom laughs a movies, and she laughed at WT as much as any movie I can remember.
post #58 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Which is somehow different than Adjustment Bureau?

You have a point....to a point.

Emily Blunt can do no wrong, as far as I am concerned....
post #59 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Why, I still don't know, even thought we've discussed the subject, but my wife seldom laughs a movies, and she laughed at WT as much as any movie I can remember.

The wife and I really enjoyed WT...mucho laughs.
post #60 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Emily Blunt can do no wrong, as far as I am concerned....

Agreed. The reason I am willing to see everything Blunt is in is that she seems to be able to elevate anything she is in.* She has proved time and time again that her star making performance in The Devil Wears Prada was no fluke.

* Actually, I did avoid one Blunt film, the, apparently, terminally awful fantasy, Gulliver's Travels starring Jack Black. Even I have my limits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Adjustment Bureau