Originally Posted by Mac11700
Agree on we won't agree ? You said this to me earlier
Let's look at this, we can scream and complain all day, we all know they will NOT refund for the UFW's or MFW's so people have a choice here.
1. Call AV123 and scream and demand and get nothing except maybe more amplifiers or replacement parts for whatever is wrong but wait longer because you screamed into the phone. I doubt MLS loses any sleep when people do this.
No,actually call AV123 and tell them that unless you receive a full refund of what you originally spent inclusive of all shipping charges,that you will turn the matter over to your States Attorney to work in conjunction with the Colorado States Attorneys office. If they scoff or refuse,make good on your statement to them.
2. File a small claims court claim and pay more than you did for the subwoofer and possibly win your case only to be in line with other companies/people who are owed money and still have a dead subwoofer.
See #1's answer,a phone call or 2 isn't going to cost you much
3. Sell it, which is fine as long as you are trust worthy enough to let the buyer know that you are selling something they might not be able to fix unless they get creative or if it does work it may not live long. Too often I have read posts from people who complain about how a company lies to them then they themselves lie to sell it to somebody else.
If you sell it and try to cut your losses that way,your not doing anything except letting them off the hook for your financial loss and aggravation
4. Work with the company to get a working product, how long you do this is dependent on the individual.
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you,but what has transpired with this company is by no means normal.Look,they have gone through 3 complete revisions of the amp for this sub. Had they just used quality components in it as designed from the on set,this thread most likely wouldn't exist.There was no need to change the design of the sub from the original Seaton design.They went the cheap parts and cheap labor to keep the manufacturing cost lower than what they were supposed to be on these subs,just so they could maximize profits.What are they doing now with them.?
5. Complain on Internet forums.
Complaining on this forum can do some good if you have enough people to make a impact.It has worked before,it can work again.The problem is as long as people keep making excuses for a shoddy sub,and company,and holding out in hopes of them correcting their own caused problems,then nothing will change.There is an appropriate saying for folks doing this, Wish in 1 hand and crap in the other,then see which fills up first
Which ever works for you is fine.
If you are happy getting screwed over and over and over and over by the same company for the same sub,or have resigned yourself to doing nothing about it except posting on forums about it,then why complain at all.
Is this what you mean?