PN63C8000 delivered 2 days ago from Best Buy, came with the 3D kit and blu-ray player.
- No audible buzz, however standing a few inches in front of the screen in absolute silence (when my kids aren't around) you can hear a very soft buzzing. It's mounted on the wall above the fireplace, middle of the screen at eye level.
- I've been running these break-in slides
off a USB stick for the past 48 hours when not watching TV. Gonna try out mantis' settings
after a few more days of break-in.
- Using this ultra-slim mount
from monoprice. Went out and bought some 16mm M8 bolts for the TV mount, which worked perfectly. Very easy to setup, good quality mount for CHEAP.
- Using these HDMI cables
from Amazon, so far so good.
- Wired internet into a 4-port DLINK wireless-N bridge
. Network setup was seamless, the set came online when I started it up for the first time.
- It came with the 1024 firmware already installed.
- Ordered 4 pair (2 adult, 2 kids) of rechargable 3D glasses from this guy on Ebay
. Glasses arrived within a week from Korea. I tested them, and they all work great. Appear to be authentic Samsung.
- Was not very impressed with the N3D channel on DTV. Some ghosting and it gave me a headache, hard to focus on some frames. After hooking up the new TV, I needed to reboot the HR21 receiver before it would recognize the 3D capable set and allow me to watch the 3D channels.
- 2D to 3D is very cool, tried it out on my PS3 w/ Tiger Woods, and it looked amazing, however it wasn't perfect, some occasional flickering and whatnot, but still looked awesome. Kids loved monsters VS aliens.
- No issues w/ lag when in game mode.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the TV (so far). I'm glad I decided on the bigger set, it looks huge (i choose to sit ~8-10ft away, but the back wall in the room is ~17ft from the TV so I can adjust my distance as needed) for 3D IMO bigger is better.