Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg
Why stop there, why even have TV?
Originally Posted by Ratman
If $7 per month is too much, rent a non-DVR cable box to lower the monthly rental fee. It can still provide "On Demand" if that's a priority/desire.
Also, look at FiOS, DirecTV or Dish as alternatives.
How about a new TV or DVD player that supports NetFlix downloads (with $9 subscription fee)?
- Thank you McDonoughDawg. I use On Demand for movies*. Suggesting that I use OTA is not helpful because of what I want to watch.
- A non-HD, non-DVR STB is "free" for me to rent and would support On Demand. However, it'd be SD, and I much prefer HD.
- I don't want satellite because it's not compatible with any HD Tivo box**
- FiOS is not available in my area
- I don't want Netflix because Netflix is only stereo, and I much prefer surround sound.
- On Demand picture quality is better than Netflix too. At least it's better than Amazon on Demand.
- On Demand is instant HD. Netflix Watch it Now HD is only available via Tivo and is not instant.***
*HBO, MoviePlex, AMC, Encore, FearNet.
**Tivo HD boxes don't support IR blasters, do they?
***Netflix Watch It Now is not
available in HD on PCs, correct?
How does Satellite VOD work? Are the streams always there but with staggered start times like I recall hearing they are?