I may have found the solution to playing HDMI and Anolog out for zone 2 playback at the same time on Windows 7 devices. Watch this Youtube video: Simultaneous Audio Out
. I haven't had time to verify everything is as it should be, however the instructions did produce both the analog audio out to my zone 2 and the 5.1 HDMI for zone 1. I still need to try more sources to make sure the 5.1 is playing as it should (right levels, correct channel output etc) but upon first listen it sounds right. Please try this and report back to see if it works for you. Here's what the Youtube video says to do in case you don't want to watch:
1. clicking on your speaker icon choose "playback devices" and choose speakers as default
2. click on the recording tab up top and choose "Stereo Mix". If Stereo Mix isn't there right click and choose "Show disabled devices"
3. right click "stereo mix" and enable
4. then right click stereo mix and choose properties. Click on the "Listen" tab and put a check mark in the "Listen to this device" box.
5. still in the stereo mix properties there's a drop down for selecting "Playback through this device". Choose your HDMI output.
Following these five steps now I have two outputs shown for my audio and get zone 2 analog and HDMI to zone 1 working at the same time.
Once again see if you get this to work too and let's make sure we're getting both zones audio as it should be.
Edit: After running tests I've found the HDMI sound only comes out as stereo which my receiver then matrixed into a fake surround. Back to the drawing board. As a workaround I've set my Onkyo to bi-amp my front speakers and connected my zone 2 speakers to the bi-amp inputs assigned to get them to work as a second set of front speakers. Not ideal but it works. For me this eliminated the ability to use my surround back speakers.Edited by David Scott - 7/21/13 at 12:04pm