So i purchased my receiver about almost a year ago, the 20th of the this month. No problems with it when i was living at my last place. We have just recently moved and when i unpacked everything and set up at the new place, I find out my sub is not working.
I have tested everything, swapped cable. Touched the tip of my sub cable and got feedback, so i know its not my sub. I had seen and read a thread about a couple guys on here that had issues with their pre-out and they have had to had it fixed by soder. I believe palehorse had this issue. One of the other posters said he had purchased a cable from monoprice and he said that may have been the issue. Which i believe is what happened to me. I have only plugged in the pre-out 2-3 times and never moved the unit until i moved a month ago.
I called pioneer and they don't seem that this seems to be a manufacture default, which it is. I took it to a local repair shop, and he was informing me that it seems to be more than the pre-out needing to be resoder, he did this and he said there was still issues with it. It seems to be have more issues with the circuitry on the board. Was telling me that if i was to fix it, it would cost just as much as i paid for it. He said that i could plug my LCR into my sub pre-outs and the plug it into my receiver. I would need to set the speaker settings to large and it should do the same thing as normally having it plugged into the sub pre-out. So now this is where i am at, I am going to pick up my receiver and may try another repair place to see if i can get a 2nd opinion. I am just irked that this happened, and now i have a 400 dollar piece of junk.
Im just trying to see what else i can do.