or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels - Page 5

post #121 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
In Norway where I live it is announced at a price 10% less than the Sony VW90ES.
The price is not set in Norway, it is just a estimate. I know the Mitsubishi rep in Norway and he is "angry" because he don´t know the price he has to pay for it yet...
post #122 of 831
in France, price is set to 25% more than a JVC X3 (RS40)
post #123 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

I would like to know if the HC9000 comes with the same function for Vertical Stretch & Horizontal compress for 2.35 setups as other Mits PJs have?

google translation of my reseller answer who is testing the HC9000 (see some pics of the menu here http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/v...7510&start=240):

For an anamorphic, this is a stretch in height to include an 2.35 image filling the matrix 1.78, for then use an anamorphic lens for re-stretch horizontally
The anamorphic 2 is a contraction in width and therefore an anamorphosis in the horizontal direction to make a 1.78 image within a 2.35 screen if you always use the anamorphic lens ...
Basically, if you have a fixed lens and non-removable screen and a 2.35 fixed, we pass in 2.35 anamorphic1 movies and movies 16 / 9 anamorphic in 2 without touching the lens.

different user memories include only the last user selected aspect (standard, wide, anamorphic 1 or 2), but the modes of appearance are selected directly on the remote key (aspect) to facilitate the transition from one to another depending on the format of the movie ... The projector's RS232 control should even be able to automate the transition from 2.35 to 16 / 9 depending on the flags of the movies ...
post #124 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebloganthrope View Post

google translation of my reseller answer who is testing the HC9000 (see some pics of the menu here http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/v...7510&start=240):

For an anamorphic, this is a stretch in height to include an 2.35 image filling the matrix 1.78, for then use an anamorphic lens for re-stretch horizontally
The anamorphic 2 is a contraction in width and therefore an anamorphosis in the horizontal direction to make a 1.78 image within a 2.35 screen if you always use the anamorphic lens ...
Basically, if you have a fixed lens and non-removable screen and a 2.35 fixed, we pass in 2.35 anamorphic1 movies and movies 16 / 9 anamorphic in 2 without touching the lens.

different user memories include only the last user selected aspect (standard, wide, anamorphic 1 or 2), but the modes of appearance are selected directly on the remote key (aspect) to facilitate the transition from one to another depending on the format of the movie ... The projector's RS232 control should even be able to automate the transition from 2.35 to 16 / 9 depending on the flags of the movies ...

Thank you for the provided information. That makes it very flexible. Btw, do you now if this applies to 3D material as well?
post #125 of 831
some light measurement from my reseller:

iris off

normal mode bulb: 142 Lux
high mode bulb: 172 Lux
normal mode bulb with 3D brightness = 3.5 : 159 Lux
high mode bulb with 3D brightness = 3.5 : 212 lux

It sounds good...
post #126 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
Thank you for the provided information. That makes it very flexible. Btw, do you now if this applies to 3D material as well?
yes it works in 3D mode too and in all the framerate conversion mode

but it doesn't work automatically with a picture mode memory : you have to choose the aspect ratio in the screen menu or select it on the remote each time you are changing between 2.35 and 1.78
post #127 of 831
Size and gain of screen?
post #128 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Size and gain of screen?
100 inches width and just 1 for the gain
post #129 of 831
Okay boys and Girls
Here is my Spec Sheet on the Mits 9000...

 

Prelim Spec Sheet_HC9000D.pdf 458.1357421875k . file
post #130 of 831
Hello together:

We were able to get some results from the latest preproduction model:

- 900 lumens calibrated
- 10bit 15-Level Gamma & RGB Equalizer for 2D / 3D
- Full CMS
- 9 brightness presets for 3D


More Details and Measurement Charts you can find in our newest Preview:


http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projek...%20Preview.htm


In german language, so you have to use an online translator.

Regards,
Ekkehart
post #131 of 831
Excellent review ... what is the 3D "gelocked" mode in the review, which achieved around 110 lumens? ... what can we expect the lumens will be in the brightest 3D mode?
post #132 of 831
What was the 3D lumens acheived for the 3.5 or 4.0 setting for the switching time and brightness, which produced a good compromise of brightness and low ghosting?
post #133 of 831
What are the possible brightness distribution (gamma) settings in the 3D mode? Are their only a few discrete gamma settings for the 3D mode?
post #134 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by allucinema View Post

yes it works in 3D mode too and in all the framerate conversion mode

I want to hug you right now
post #135 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie50dennis View Post

Excellent review ... what is the 3D "gelocked" mode in the review, which achieved around 110 lumens? ... what can we expect the lumens will be in the brightest 3D mode?


That was the first prototype. The actual version has 9 brightness settings from around 100 lumens to above 200 lumens. Havent measured it in detail though.
post #136 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie50dennis View Post

What was the 3D lumens acheived for the 3.5 or 4.0 setting for the switching time and brightness, which produced a good compromise of brightness and low ghosting?


Havent measured that yet. Around the JVC brightness by eye...

Regards,
Ekkehart
post #137 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie50dennis View Post

What are the possible brightness distribution (gamma) settings in the 3D mode? Are their only a few discrete gamma settings for the 3D mode?


No, you can absolut freely customize the gamma in 3D. With the 15 step gamma equalizer.

In addition, you have many presets between 1.5 and 2.5


Regards,
Ekkehart
post #138 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

No, you can absolut freely customize the gamma in 3D. With the 15 step gamma equalizer.

In addition, you have many presets between 1.5 and 2.5


Regards,
Ekkehart

Need to ask an honest question,
When Non 3D Glasses comes out in the next 16mnths
will this unit work with that next generation
or will you have to get the new unit...

Reason i ask and post this comment is because as a Mits dealer my Customers
ask it of me..
The more they buy hey the better,
But For someone who wants to invest in product that is going to not have fast turn around i dont know if this unit is for them...
I think they should just wait it out....
post #139 of 831
Really wish they would have moved the inputs of this unit to the back....
post #140 of 831
Thread Starter 
Lauching date in Europe is expected the 02/17/2011.
post #141 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa View Post

Need to ask an honest question,
When Non 3D Glasses comes out in the next 16mnths
will this unit work with that next generation
or will you have to get the new unit...

Reason i ask and post this comment is because as a Mits dealer my Customers
ask it of me..
The more they buy hey the better,
But For someone who wants to invest in product that is going to not have fast turn around i dont know if this unit is for them...
I think they should just wait it out....

Fraisa, I find that people ask the same thing when I tell them how excited I am about 3D. "I'm waiting until no glasses are needed!."

I tell them, "Have fun waiting for 10 years while the rest enjoy glorious 3D."

Big screen glasses-free 3D has so many issues/hurdles to overcome to even hope to MATCH the quality of shutterglass 3D systems.
post #142 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post

Fraisa, I find that people ask the same thing when I tell them how excited I am about 3D. "I'm waiting until no glasses are needed!."

I tell them, "Have fun waiting for 10 years while the rest enjoy glorious 3D."

Big screen glasses-free 3D has so many issues/hurdles to overcome to even hope to MATCH the quality of shutterglass 3D systems.

My Problem is with my prescription glasses i get motion sickness and dizzyness...
Not knocking 3d ,
just this is the problem i experiance.
I even have it happen when i am at the movies.
There is a Nitendo DS3d (Glassless)thats coming out where they have done studys
and the report to the dizzy problem is in the brain..
The eyes trick the brain causeing that dizzy problem.
I think that the Glassless 3d could fix this but with the recent findings
on the nitendo 3ds which is glasses free it doesnt look that way.

Also they are coming out with warnings regarding 3d with Younger children under 6...
I am not a doctor nor am i knocking 3d just stating some facts...

Again this projector offers alot but we are paying a higher price tag
because its 3d and popular..
Kinda like having to pay a higher price for a better screen....

But this unit should turn some heads at CES...
post #143 of 831
Fraisa, 3D will not work for anyone. I would not be surprised if a large portion of the population will not be able to tolerate 3D.

Interestingly, the SAH effect (sample and hold) on LCOS used to almost make me vomit. But now it has no effect at all. Maybe 3D can be 'learned' in a similar way?
post #144 of 831
Makes some people nauseous and looks less realistic than 2D to quite a few people as well.
post #145 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

No, you can absolut freely customize the gamma in 3D. With the 15 step gamma equalizer.

In addition, you have many presets between 1.5 and 2.5


Regards,
Ekkehart

When do you expect to have a HC9000 production unit for review of all features?
post #146 of 831
Saw it at CES and they were having serious technical problems with this unit. Rep said they were working on it and expected to have the glasses syncing issues resolved before production release in February.

The problem manifested itself by flashing white, like looking into a strobe light.
post #147 of 831
I saw the demo at CES as well and I have to agree with Don. In my opinion, the 3D image was unwatchable. I hope Mitsubishi engineering are going to sort things out for the production units.
I called my Northern California distributor today and they have no specific ETA for shipping. I also called two different numbers at Mitsubishi SoCal. The first guy told me "They don't tell us anything" but he heard it is supposed to ship in the first quarter. Then I called the second phone number (which he gave me) and I was told by an internal sales rep that I would have to call my distributor back to find out the ship date. After I told the lady that I had already tried that, she told me to call my distributor back and have them officially "request" a possible ship date.
Hey Mitsubishi ! What are you doing ??
(Gotta love this corporate c**p.)
post #148 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa View Post

Okay boys and Girls
Here is my Spec Sheet on the Mits 9000...
Will have it availible to my customers Mid to late next Month...

Am I confused or did Shane Buettner say this was a laser projector in the Home Theater video coverage of CES?
post #149 of 831
Hc9000 3d price ?
post #150 of 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by inoukithai View Post

Hc9000 3d price ?

They told me $7000.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels