The bad first.
1. Focus across the lens is not "perfect"
2. The convergence feature could use a 1/8 pixel mode
3. CMS does not work at all for Saturation of any color / secondary color hue controls don't work
4. Using a combination of the color control and the working parts of the CMS to get 100% color as accurate as you can, the colors at other saturation levels are then off by a large amount
4. Iris is completely useless, even with a small bit of text on screen the iris is always full open
5. Gamma on my unit is very low at 1.95 average.
6. The unit does have bright corners
7. No motorized lens cover
Based on my posts above you would think I hate the Mitsubishi... But I don't...
1. The motion flow on true film is phenomenal, and by far the best I have ever seen. I will actually use it
2. The brightness is great for a SXRD, about 850 lumens calibrated
3. The shadow detail is very good above black level 1 or 17 depending on source
4. The overall picture quality is also extremely good
5. The picture even with the gamma at 1.95 still has good image depth
6. The saturation levels at 100% are very over saturated, BUT at all other levels of saturation 75% / 50% / 25% they are accurate if you don't lower the color control.
7. The image appears very sharp after convergence.
8. The black is good enough even without the "iris"
9. The unit is quiet in my setting
10. The image is very clean with no noticeable image noise.
11. For the price I paid, it is a great projector.
The super anal perfectionist in me still wants more, but it's a great projector that should keep me happy till 4K laser projectors.