or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Sound Bar TV Mount
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sound Bar TV Mount

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I just bought a Vizio VSB210WS Sound Bar and would like to mount it above my TV. I do not have the TV wall mounted, it is on a stand. Right now I have the speaker bar in front of the TV but when me and some friends lifted it about it seemed to have better sound. I read a post on here while i was researching that someone made a mount that attached to the back part of the TV where a wall mount would normally go by using parts he got at lowes home imporvement and only ended spending about $20. I was wondering if anyone else has tried that or any other ideas. I know there is a company that has them for $40 but would rather make my own. If someone could give me any ideas I would appreciate it.
post #2 of 9
Do you have a pic of where you want the soundbar ?
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan359 View Post

I just bought a Vizio VSB210WS Sound Bar and would like to mount it above my TV. I do not have the TV wall mounted, it is on a stand. Right now I have the speaker bar in front of the TV but when me and some friends lifted it about it seemed to have better sound. I read a post on here while i was researching that someone made a mount that attached to the back part of the TV where a wall mount would normally go by using parts he got at lowes home imporvement and only ended spending about $20. I was wondering if anyone else has tried that or any other ideas. I know there is a company that has them for $40 but would rather make my own. If someone could give me any ideas I would appreciate it.

Hi,,,, that would be me that made the mount from stuff I got at HomeDepot.

Were did you see a speaker/soundbar mount for $40.00,,, I would be interested to see that mount,,,, and I can also let you know how to make it.

Cheers
Davyo
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Hi,,,, that would be me that made the mount from stuff I got at HomeDepot.

Were did you see a speaker/soundbar mount for $40.00,,, I would be interested to see that mount,,,, and I can also let you know how to make it.

Cheers
Davyo

Hey Davyo...maybe you should do a DIY posting on this. I think lots of people would be interested.
post #5 of 9
Why would you want to make a mount when you can buy a universal mount for $50 on Amazon. They're called Soundbar Brackets. Google it.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorSon View Post

Why would you want to make a mount when you can buy a universal mount for $50 on Amazon. They're called Soundbar Brackets. Google it.

because making one cost under $20
post #7 of 9
I made a Sound Bar mount for under 10.00 in parts. Used a 48" Rubbermade Wall Mount Shelf bracket and some # 10 bolts for under 10.00. It mounts directly to the VESA mount supports and I cut the two ends of leaving a 29" support to mount to the Vesa Brackets and used the two end pieces to go to the wall mount brackets on the sound bar. I used 1" number 10 bolts (might want to use 1 1/4 for the Vesa mount. Simple, 2 cuts with a hacksaw, drilled 6 holes and done.



It's a 42" Vizio LED TV and Vizio VSB200 Soundbar (I added a Sub to it as well).

The wall mount is Monoprice Adjustable Tilting/Swiveling Wall Mount Bracket for LCD Plasma Corner Friendly (Max 110Lbs, 32~50inch) (Part number 4562). Great mount with ultimate flexibility.

A couple of other views:



post #8 of 9
I did something similar to my Vizio 60" LED tv. I bought a 72" white shelf bracket at Lowes for $4 and cut it into three pieces. (This bracket is normally screwed to a wall then the shelf brackets are fitted to it so one can lay a shelf across them.) Two pieces were 26.5" and the remaining piece measured about 19". I drilled holes in the 26.5" pieces and attached them to the back of the TV using the mounting screws already in place. These screws are normally used to mount the tv to a wall mount. Then I mounted the 19" piece across the two 26.5" pieces forming a horizontal bar to mount the soundbar. (Looks like a football goal) In my case the Samsung Sbar came with a mounting bracket so I screwed that to the horizontal bar. Then it was just a matter of "hanging" the soundbar onto the bracket. I used black electrical tape to wrap around the white bracket where the bracket could be seen (between the TV and the SB). I only spent $4 since I already had screws used to mount the Samsung bracket and the horizontal bar. As cheap as it gets! Write if you want more info.
post #9 of 9
Thanks for the suggestions in this thread! $10 at Home Depot on brackets and screws.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Soundbars
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Sound Bar TV Mount