or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Comcast 3D topic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comcast 3D topic - Page 3

post #61 of 734
Finally, after 2 hours on hold and 3 calls, I have an answer. Comcast lied. 3D rollout will occur when they convert to all digital. Here in Tallahassee, that should be 10/6/10. I'm a gonna miss me football in 3D. Oddly enough, in Quincy, FL and Wakulla county, Fl (some of the poorest places in FL) they have it now. I did point out that they should let all the CS reps know this since I have talked to a bunch who had no clue.

Have I told you today how much I just LOVE Comcast?
post #62 of 734
Looks like some more golf on comcast 8/12 and tnt...anyone else see this on there tv listings...
post #63 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSengineer View Post

Finally, after 2 hours on hold and 3 calls, I have an answer. Comcast lied. 3D rollout will occur when they convert to all digital. Here in Tallahassee, that should be 10/6/10. I'm a gonna miss me football in 3D. Oddly enough, in Quincy, FL and Wakulla county, Fl (some of the poorest places in FL) they have it now. I did point out that they should let all the CS reps know this since I have talked to a bunch who had no clue.

Have I told you today how much I just LOVE Comcast?

They just figured that people in Tallahassee stopped being interested in football a few years ago--go GATORS
post #64 of 734
Quote:


Looks like some more golf on comcast 8/12 and tnt...anyone else see this on there tv listings...

Yes saw here in Northern Va.

On another note, I'm hoping ESPN is using the upcoming college football games scheduled for 3D to shake out the proper way to broadcast football games.

I noticed while watching the World Cup replays on VOD this on a particualr play...

There was a shot from the camera on the crane behind the goal on a throw-in (or corner kick, I forget which). The throw was out in front of the goal and as soon as that happened, the director cut to the camera on the sideline to watch the kick going towards the goal. You could clearly see the ball HIT THE CAMERA BEHIND THE GOAL. How cool would that shot have been in 3D? And they either didn't get the shot at all or just missed it because they didn't even show it as an instant replay, although they showed other angles.
post #65 of 734
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

Looks like some more golf on comcast 8/12 and tnt...anyone else see this on there tv listings...

Where are you seeing this?
post #66 of 734
^^^^
In the channel guide.
post #67 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds54 View Post

Where are you seeing this?


Here in illinois comcast channel 333 or 334 ..One of the two displays the golf times thursday and friday..3-7 pm
post #68 of 734
I don't see any PGA 3d listed anywhere.
post #69 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2184 View Post

I don't see any PGA 3d listed anywhere.

Its on the Comcast 3DTV events channel.

For some reason my box has the PGA 3D listed for 4-8PM on the guide even though the graphic says 3-7PM... I'm in PA so I'm ET?
post #70 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Its on the Comcast 3DTV events channel.

For some reason my box has the PGA 3D listed for 4-8PM on the guide even though the graphic says 3-7PM... I'm in PA so I'm ET?

Where is a listing for the 3DTV events channel? They lied to me and it's not yet on our system--I just want to be able to call up and bitch about it not being there.
post #71 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSengineer View Post

Where is a listing for the 3DTV events channel? They lied to me and it's not yet on our system--I just want to be able to call up and bitch about it not being there.

It's different for each region. 3D channels here are ESPN3D 980, 3DTV1 981, and 3DTV2 982.
post #72 of 734
Here 790=ESPN3D; 791 = 3DTV. My question is not where there are (or will be when they get around to it here - They first said it was here but, after 8 hours talking to CS reps, they changed to "when we go all digital on 10/10), but what is on them. ESPN has listings for what's there, but where is a listing for what's on Comcast's special events 3D? Since they don't have the channels up, the box won't tune to them nor show listings for them. Comcast's web page has nothing but a FAQ.
post #73 of 734
I watched the PGA Tournament on comcast last night and got my xpand glasses working to see it in 3D. Terrific. Part 2 is on at 3:00 p.m. This afternoon. It is being shown on channel 981in south Jersey. ESPN is on channel 980. The golf was broadcast side by side and I was able to turn on the 3D on the TV and watch it with no problems, once I got the glasses to work. (I had to reseat the batteries a few times.). ESPN is not "live" but the 2 logos are shown one on top of the other. Is this how ESPN will broadcast? Does that mean I have to buy the Mitsubishi emitter for my DLP 3D capable TV if I want to watch 3D on ESPN? Since the signal is coming through the cable box, do I have to do anything special with the set up if I get the emitter?
post #74 of 734
Flynful,
If you have a xx738 or xx838 2010 Mits DLP currently it will only accept 3D content in either checkerboard or SbS format. ESPN-3D sporting events are being broadcast in 720p Top-n-Bottom format so you would need the Mits 3D adapter to convert their content to Checkerboard.
post #75 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Flynful,
If you have a xx738 or xx838 2010 Mits DLP currently it will only accept 3D content in either checkerboard or SbS format. ESPN-3D sporting events are being broadcast in 720p Top-n-Bottom format so you would need the Mits 3D adapter to convert their content to Checkerboard.

Thanks for the tip. I assume that the adapter would fit between the cable box and the TV. If so, would it be working for top-n-bottom and side by side or would I have to do sort of work around.

Also, I find that the xpand x102 glasses work up to about 10' during daylight but a lot further at night when other light sources are not present. Do I have a problem? Is this all I can expect. At 10' the glasses flicker, the colors change, and I am either in or out of 3D for a few minutes at a time. Will the xpand glasses work mor reliably with the Mitsubishi adapter?

Thanks.
post #76 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynful View Post

Thanks for the tip. I assume that the adapter would fit between the cable box and the TV. If so, would it be working for top-n-bottom and side by side or would I have to do sort of work around.

Also, I find that the xpand x102 glasses work up to about 10' during daylight but a lot further at night when other light sources are not present. Do I have a problem? Is this all I can expect. At 10' the glasses flicker, the colors change, and I am either in or out of 3D for a few minutes at a time. Will the xpand glasses work mor reliably with the Mitsubishi adapter?

Thanks.

Mits Adapter will handle all HDMI 1.4 3D formats. It would go between Comcast box and DLP directly. If you have an A/V Receiver it would go between the A/V Receiver and DLP.

You will not get better range with the Mits Adapter. X102 is DLP Link and only has to do with the DLP TV.

From what I've read here your range is par for the course. Watch when it's dark and you'll have no problems (and better 3D anyway).
post #77 of 734
I'm in Chicago and have already called to add the 3D service code to my account. For me, on channel 334 ESPN3D, I just have a logo of the NFL Network advertising it. I was told on the phone that World Cup Soccer matches would be broadcast until the next live event on September 6. But I was told by another Comcast rep that this NFL Network ad was expected and would display until Sept 6. Is anyone actually getting 3d content on ESPN3d at this point? Also does anyone have a channel listing/schedule for the 3D event channel? So far, I haven't been able to view anything on either of Comcast's two 3-d channels. Thank you.
post #78 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprasad2 View Post

I'm in Chicago and have already called to add the 3D service code to my account. For me, on channel 334 ESPN3D, I just have a logo of the NFL Network advertising it. I was told on the phone that World Cup Soccer matches would be broadcast until the next live event on September 6. But I was told by another Comcast rep that this NFL Network ad was expected and would display until Sept 6. Is anyone actually getting 3d content on ESPN3d at this point? Also does anyone have a channel listing/schedule for the 3D event channel? So far, I haven't been able to view anything on either of Comcast's two 3-d channels. Thank you.

I get the ESPN3D 3D Logo on channel 980. Channel 981 "3DTV" and 982 "3DTV2" I get a 2D picture stating Comcast is bringing 3D to the home and stay tuned for updates.
post #79 of 734
I did a search of ESPN3D and found a tentative schedule of college football games with broadcasting beginning early in September. I ordered the Mitsubishi adapter as the manual that came with my 73836 TV indicated that it would not be able to handle top-to-bottom 3D.
post #80 of 734
I have it on good authority that the following 3d IMAX movies should be available through Comcast on Demand starting 8/20. I only know for sure that this will be in the NJ/PA/DE region.

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d


They'll be found in the HD on Demand/Free Movies/3d Movies menu.
post #81 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

I have it on good authority that the following 3d IMAX movies should be available through Comcast on Demand starting 8/20. I only know for sure that this will be in the NJ/PA/DE region.

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d

They'll be found in the HD on Demand/Free Movies/3d Movies menu.

They are not there yet in south Jersey. I looked (and looked and looked). There is no category called 3d Movies.
post #82 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynful View Post

They are not there yet in south Jersey. I looked (and looked and looked). There is no category called 3d Movies.

It won't be there until 8/20.
post #83 of 734
tried to activate those here in new hampshire but no success. i can access them on channels 333 and 334 with that subscription notice on top of it but when i called the CSR said they were not supposed to be visible since it is not yet available in my area. got everything ready here, 3d tv, compatible cable box, glasses but i ended up frustrated. gotta love comcast
post #84 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

I have it on good authority that the following 3d IMAX movies should be available through Comcast on Demand starting 8/20. I only know for sure that this will be in the NJ/PA/DE region.

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d


They'll be found in the HD on Demand/Free Movies/3d Movies menu.



Is this going to still happen to the best of your sources tomorrow is d day
post #85 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

Is this going to still happen to the best of your sources tomorrow is d day

As far as I know. Otherwise my 'sources' will have some 'splaining to do for making a liar out of me....
post #86 of 734
Don't know if this was posted but there is some 3D golf in the On Demand section.

HD on Demand/Sports/PGA Championship 3D

Jason
post #87 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

As far as I know. Otherwise my 'sources' will have some 'splaining to do for making a liar out of me....

All of these showed up after midnight for Portland, OR:

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d
PGA Championship 3D (8 hours worth!)


That is a step in the right direction for Comcast. There still isn't any content showing up for channel 897 3D Event Channel or 898 ESPN 3D though.
post #88 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhart View Post


All of these showed up after midnight for Portland, OR:

SOS Planet 3d
Haunted Castle 3d
African Adventure 3d
Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3d
PGA Championship 3D (8 hours worth!)

That is a step in the right direction for Comcast. There still isn't any content showing up for channel 897 3D Event Channel or 898 ESPN 3D though.

We have them here in central Maryland. Go to HD, free movies, 3D Movies.
post #89 of 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post


We have them here in central Maryland. Go to HD, free movies, 3D Movies.

Well, not quite, When trying to tune in, I get a message saying that "resources not available, please try again later". I guess they are not ready to broadcast yet.
post #90 of 734
How about Good ole ILLINOIS...ANYONE...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Comcast 3D topic