Originally Posted by The Robman
Is your sister's ReplayTV 5508 net connected?
If so, try this to get the Comcast codes downloaded.
1. Go to Menu > Setup > Network and Input Settings > Change Network
2. Select 'Change from Automated to Manual'
3. Change the DNS1 and DNS2 IP addresses to 188.8.131.52 and select 'Continue'
4. Once it's done verifying the network, select Keep All Settings
5. Select "Connect to ReplayTV Service Now"
That last step should force the Replay to connect to Perc Data which should download the Comcast codes. Then you can select Comcast and code 1982 when you set up your cable box.
When you're done, go back into the menu system like you did before and change the Network back to automatic.
If you find that that doesn't work and you still need to install the codes the old fashioned by, here's what you need to do.
1. Open up the Replay and remove the hard drive.
2. Check the jumper settings, if it's set to Master, change it to Cable Select
3. If you have an IDA-to-USB cable, hook the drive up to your computer that way
4. If you don't, you'll need to open the computer and connect the drive to the second slot on the IDE cable that connects the main hard drive to the computer
5. Download the ComcastDTAir Codeoverwrite0237 50005500.zip file from here
, unzip it and run the InstallDTAcode 0237Files.bat file.
6. Power down the computer, disconnect the drive and put it back in the Replay and you're good to go. When you setup the cable box, select "other" then select code 0237.