or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter Available at Amazon ($99 Shipped)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter Available at Amazon ($99 Shipped) - Page 2

post #31 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdshifter View Post

The rep did say they will update their website as soon as more information is available.

These Reps seem to be full of poop. None of them seem to know any more then average Joe at this point.
post #32 of 159
I have both the stand alone adapter and the kit ordered at Amazon. Whichever ships first, I will cancel the other as I don't need both. Amazon is usually pretty good at giving estimated ship dates. The fact that Amazon has not yet posted an estimate still gives me some pause when I see other vendors putting ship dates on their sites.
post #33 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

I have both the stand alone adapter and the kit ordered at Amazon. Whichever ships first, I will cancel the other as I don't need both. Amazon is usually pretty good at giving estimated ship dates. The fact that Amazon has not yet posted an estimate still gives me some pause when I see other vendors putting ship dates on their sites.

I am in the same situation with 4electricwarehouse. If they shipped the same day, I'd really be salty, because I was planning to cancel whichever isn't shipped first.
post #34 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

I am in the same situation with 4electricwarehouse. If they shipped the same day, I'd really be salty, because I was planning to cancel whichever isn't shipped first.

Same boat.
post #35 of 159
See my post under the adaptor kit. Official release of starter kit July 28 with the adaptor AFTER that.
post #36 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

See my post under the adaptor kit. Official release of starter kit July 28 with the adaptor AFTER that.

are you shure about the date.
post #37 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

See my post under the adaptor kit. Official release of starter kit July 28 with the adaptor AFTER that.

While possible, it would be nice to have some industry/dealer corroboration before just taking your word as gospel.

I mean you even said in your other post that your "dealer" might be getting 5 kits next week. Well we've been hearing for about a month now that the adapter kits would be released July 9th, which is when? Oh yea, about a week.
post #38 of 159
My dealer in checking with their Mitsubishi rep said "the official release date for the starter kit is July 28th". I was extremely dissapointed since one week ago their rep said the adaptor wuold be available by the middle of July and now it is after the starter kit. I wll check next week if the dealer actually receives the 5 starter kits.
post #39 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

My dealer in checking with their Mitsubishi rep said "the official release date for the starter kit is July 28th". I was extremely dissapointed since one week ago their rep said the adaptor wuold be available by the middle of July and now it is after the starter kit. I wll check next week if the dealer actually receives the 5 starter kits.

Since when has the Reps been right about any thing yet?
post #40 of 159
why do i have a funny feeling that the first couple replies complaing about this thread DONT have DLP TV's lol
post #41 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniichan View Post

why do i have a funny feeling that the first couple replies complaing about this thread DONT have DLP TV's lol

I hope you don't make bets when you have funny feelings, because you're sure as hell wrong about this one.
post #42 of 159
If they keep dragging their feet the units will be available about the same time the PS3 3D firmware will become a reality, finally.

Buzz
post #43 of 159
Hopefully I can ask this question here and not have to start a separate thread...

Why would you want to buy the adapter without the glasses? I am not asking this to sound smart, just that I really don't know.

If 3D movie theaters are using DLP projectors, why can't we just use those cheap throw-away glasses? Why do DLP owners have to have expensive shutter glasses?

If Mits owners buy the adapter, will we only see 3D with 3D specific content? I have read several times that non-3D content can be made 3D with some things like PlayStation games. Is the adapter what is needed to make that happen?
post #44 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

Hopefully I can ask this question here and not have to start a separate thread...

Why would you want to buy the adapter without the glasses? I am not asking this to sound smart, just that I really don't know.

People don't want to buy the kit with the glasses because many people have already invested in all the glasses they feel they'll need (most likely with DLP-link glasses).

Quote:


If 3D movie theaters are using DLP projectors, why can't we just use those cheap throw-away glasses? Why do DLP owners have to have expensive shutter glasses?

Theaters (most anyway) use a different technology (and obviously equipment) than anyone does with home use. Passive glasses (the cheap throw away ones) are not compatible with sets you may have at home.

Quote:


If Mits owners buy the adapter, will we only see 3D with 3D specific content? I have read several times that non-3D content can be made 3D with some things like PlayStation games. Is the adapter what is needed to make that happen?

The adapter will only output 3D content to a checkerboard format that is necessary for playback on those TVs. The adapter will not convert 2D content to 3D, and I am not aware of any source device (especially not the PS3) that will convert 2D content into 3D.
post #45 of 159
Sadness and Remembrance.

This Friday, July 9th, is the day that originally had been posted by 4electronicwarehouse for release of the Kit.

I will observe a moment of silence.

I sure am looking forward to someone giving us a hands on evaluation of the adapter. If anyone gets one of the limited initial release units we are hearing about, and tells us about the unit, they would get a lot of good karma from the readers of this board.
post #46 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

Why would you want to buy the adapter without the glasses? I am not asking this to sound smart, just that I really don't know.

I can't answer for everyone. But I can tell you why I bought the glasses separately. First, I live alone. I don't have an immediate need for two pairs of glasses. So, it was was less expensive to buy a pair of Xpand 102's and the adapter separately than it would have been to buy the kit. Later, I will want to purchase more pairs of glasses for times when friends & family come over to watch movies or sports. But, I figure that prices will be lower then. Why buy more pairs than I need when the cost for glasses is as high as it will ever be?

Second, since Mitsubishi hasn't felt that it's necessary to tell us what kind of glasses are included with the kit and haven't made it known whether they will be selling the glasses separately in the future, we have no idea whether we will ever be able to expand beyond the two pairs of glasses that come with the kit, without having to "retire" the kit pairs. Since it's been reported that some DLP-Link glasses seem to have problems when an emitter is being used, we may not be able to just buy Xpand glasses and continue to use the "kit" glasses at the same time. My understanding (which may be incorrect) is that the emitters are unique for different brands of glasses. So, It's not a given that we can just buy another pair of glasses that require an emitter and use them simultaneously with the Mitsubishi glasses.

Also, reports indicate that the Xpand glasses are very good. Since we know nothing about the Mitsubish supplied glasses, I didn't want to take a change on them not being as good as the Xpands.
post #47 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

Sadness and Remembrance.

This Friday, July 9th, is the day that originally had been posted by 4electronicwarehouse for release of the Kit.

I will observe a moment of silence.

I sure am looking forward to someone giving us a hands on evaluation of the adapter. If anyone gets one of the limited initial release units we are hearing about, and tells us about the unit, they would get a lot of good karma from the readers of this board.

I've had my Amazon order in for the kit for a while with free two day shipping. If I get mine in before others then I can post up pic's at least. I don't know when I'll be able to test it since it's going on the uverse box and there are no 3D channels yet.
post #48 of 159
So as of now, unless you are using a computer, there is no solution to watching 3-D broadcasts or movies or video games? There are no "glasses only" solutions? Is/will there be anyway to upconvert 2-D to 3-D?

When I turn on the 3-D mode on my television, the picture looks a bit lighter and maybe fuzzy so what is it doing?
post #49 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

My dealer in checking with their Mitsubishi rep said "the official release date for the starter kit is July 28th". I was extremely dissapointed since one week ago their rep said the adaptor wuold be available by the middle of July and now it is after the starter kit. I wll check next week if the dealer actually receives the 5 starter kits.

I picked up my Starter Kit yesterday at RC Wiley and the rep told me that they had been in stock for three days. Somebody's info is incorrect.
post #50 of 159
I spoke with a Mitsubishi CSR yesterday & the 3DA-1 converter isn't available yet. The "supposed" release date is still set as July 28th with a "LIMITED SUPPLY" released!

I've had my pre-order in at 4ElectronicWarehouse for some time now. I've been reading about this 3D converter since January. The first release date was June 9th the pushed back to July 28th.

I'm wondering what's taking so long to get this converter released and a "limited" supply release at that. You would think Mitsu would be accelerating their efforts to take care of their existing customer base.

I've always loved their DLP sets & always recommend to anyone who asks.

The only 3D I can watch is thru my computer with the PowerDVD 10 Ultra software which outputs in the "checkboard" format the the Mitsu set uses. At least Cyberlink has been updating the software every couple of weeks recently; just added 3D Bluray support & 3D file support will be in the next release. Of course this doesn't help with Directv's or TimeWarner cable 3D channels.

Come on Mitsubishi don't leave your cuurent customer base out in the cold!

Thank's!
Whitestar2
post #51 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

...When I turn on the 3-D mode on my television, the picture looks a bit lighter and maybe fuzzy so what is it doing?

The picture looks lighter because of the DLP-Link "white flashes" being generated in 3D mode. Shutterglasses reduce (but don't completely eliminate) the reduced contrast introduced by DLP-Link.

[As a side note, you cannot disable DLP-Link in 3D mode even if you use an external emitter and non-DLP-Link glasses. ]
post #52 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

I picked up my Starter Kit yesterday at RC Wiley and the rep told me that they had been in stock for three days. Somebody's info is incorrect.

Mitsubishi 3D Starter Pack
In-Store Purchase Only

Mitsubishi-3D-Starter-Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestar2 View Post

I spoke with a Mitsubishi CSR yesterday & the 3DA-1 converter isn't available yet. The "supposed" release date is still set as July 28th with a "LIMITED SUPPLY" released!
post #53 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

So as of now, unless you are using a computer, there is no solution to watching 3-D broadcasts or movies or video games? There are no "glasses only" solutions? Is/will there be anyway to upconvert 2-D to 3-D?

When I turn on the 3-D mode on my television, the picture looks a bit lighter and maybe fuzzy so what is it doing?

There is a solution, but you need a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, a 3D firmware upgraded DirecTV receiver and a Mitsubishi 738/838 series TV (native side by side 3D format supported). I have been watching 3D on my 73738 since 6-12. The Home Run Derby and AS Game are on Channels 106 and 103 respectively next Monday and Tuesday.
post #54 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime19 View Post

There is a solution, but you need a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, a 3D firmware upgraded DirecTV receiver and a Mitsubishi 738/838 series TV (native side by side 3D format supported). I have been watching 3D on my 73738 since 6-12. The Home Run Derby and AS Game are on Channels 106 and 103 respectively next Monday and Tuesday.

So I take it DTV is using a side by side that works with the *38 but won't work with the *37? When I tune to channel 106 I get a message that my TV can't display 3-D (which I think is awfully presumptive since I have a 3-D TV)
post #55 of 159
A 737 3D ready TV only accepts 3D in 1080p checkerboard or 720p frame sequential format it does not accept any 3D content using the recently established HDMI 1.4 3D formats such as1080i side-by side format which DirecTV is using.
post #56 of 159
Not sure what good it did for Mits to have 3D ready TVs for years before everyone else if they are going to miss the release of this box for the All-Star game festivities. What an embarrassment.

I wonder if the delay had anything to do with the EDID testing to lock out Samsung owners from the product?
post #57 of 159
I think the lockout of Samsung owners had a lot more to do with Mits' concerns over having enough supply to meet the demands of Mits' owners first. I would not be surprised if a couple of months after the supply lines are full that we see an Samsung friendly easy solution.

I was surprised when I read the instructions to the Mits 3D kit that state very clearly that the emitter works with Samsung glasses. Obviously there was some sort of cooperation between Mits and Samsung.
post #58 of 159
I believe it was more of Mitsubishi didn't want to deal with tech lines of Samsung people calling if they were having compatibility issues. If they just locked them out then they don't have to deal with it.
post #59 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

I believe it was more of Mitsubishi didn't want to deal with tech lines of Samsung people calling if they were having compatibility issues. If they just locked them out then they don't have to deal with it.

My guess is that is the reason they are in 'short' supply as well. They are getting then out 'slowly' so that their support can handle any possible onslaught.

The best example is how they are available in only one part of the country right now.

As support calls begin to subside, we'll see more and more released.
post #60 of 159
Short supply is a given for anything new. Look at PS3 and Wii when they came out. Shoot look at the heard of people lining up at the apple store whenever they release something. They all know there will be a limited amount.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter Available at Amazon ($99 Shipped)