or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 294

post #8791 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddimus View Post

Quick question folks....

Who did you send your email to, asking for the upgrade? I've sent two emails (Friday and yesterday) and had no response yet.

I sent it to 'weborders@denonnj.com'.

Thanks in advance. And thanks especially to chi_guy50 for letting us in on it!

Cheers

You want to use the 'contact us' section on their site. When you respond to their response, you want to log onto their site and communicate with them from within the incident, not send an email directly to them.
post #8792 of 10436
Thanks MrRoy! Didn't see the contact us at the bottom. Gotta read the fine print!

Message sent to them.
post #8793 of 10436
Count me in as a recipient of the free Airplay upgrade thanks to you guys! Sent Denon an email yesterday evening with all the pertinent info such as mac address, id, and serial number and got the upgrade notice this afternoon. Great customer service Haven't used it yet but its there.
Again, thank you very much for the heads up!! Happy Thanksgiving
post #8794 of 10436
I have seemed to have lost the dynamic capability of my entire setup. It was there, now it is gone. Ive tried re audysseying and all that jazz. Ive also seemed to have lost good bass reproduction on stereo mode where I have to crank it up almost 12db over surround modes to get the bass going. This is a brand new developement I have gotten after putting in some new surrounds and doing audyssey after that...

Im thinking that a microprocessor reset is needed here. This unit was the floor model at the custom installer in my hometown (only used about 4 months and not left on all day, only for demos) so this may have been something I needed to do from the getgo. anyways, has anyone ever seen this issue occur and what do I need to do to reset the microprocessor on this particular unit? THanks!!
post #8795 of 10436
Hi, I have a 3311CI and when I'm watching movies, the center channel get drowned out by the surround sound effects. I did the auto calibration using Audyssey. Any other fine adjustments I can make to hear the dialog easier? Thanks.
post #8796 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland95 View Post

Hi, I have a 3311CI and when I'm watching movies, the center channel get drowned out by the surround sound effects. I did the auto calibration using Audyssey. Any other fine adjustments I can make to hear the dialog easier? Thanks.

just adjust the center channel's trim up a few db's in the manual setup-->speaker level menu
post #8797 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland95 View Post

Hi, I have a 3311CI and when I'm watching movies, the center channel get drowned out by the surround sound effects. I did the auto calibration using Audyssey. Any other fine adjustments I can make to hear the dialog easier? Thanks.

in addition to bumping the center channel volume a bit, you can try using Dynamic Volume to control the big swings in volume between dialogue and the sound effects.

you can also trim down Dynamic EQ using the "Reference Level Offset" parameter, which will tone down the "boost" to the surrounds that it applies.
post #8798 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by swh01213 View Post

Issue has returned, guessing its going to have to go in for repair.

Just got mine back for the THIRD time from their service center. Still does not work. Feed from Sat receiver is fine, as always, feed from 2 different manufacturers' DVD/BluRay players flashes on and off, turns green etc. And, the top of the unit is slightly dented too. Here's video of the picture problems right out of the box from their repair center:

http://youtu.be/XGtu9dqMDlE
post #8799 of 10436
Thanks for the heads up on this free upgrade,this site is most excellent. Denon got back to me within a couple days of my request ,and happily gave me the nod.
post #8800 of 10436
I got the airplay upgrade and I'm not impressed. First off it doesn't work through my iPod (iOS4.3.1) but it works in iTunes so at least I know my router isn't the problem. I've read that it is possible its a iOS bug in my iPod and for that I'll wait till a jailbreak is released to upgrade.

The second bug I have which is the most annoying is when I leave airplay from in itunes the 3311CI doesn't automatically revert back to the source that it was on before initiating airplay. Is there a workaround for this or is this just the nature of the beast? Its just a hassle to have to go back to the remote everytime to put the source back to where it was.
post #8801 of 10436
^

I not sure if a jailbreak will work but all Denon manuals and web pages state that only iPod Touch, iPhone and iPads are supported with Airplay. To use a regular iPod the usb port will have to be use although for now you have the iTunes Airplay combo going for you which is much more convenient.

As for leaving iTunes yes you will have to hit that extra button unless you are shutting down your avr and using your tv for audio. Then make sure your hdmi control is set to on and select the standby source you want to come on in the hdmi setup menu.
post #8802 of 10436
Yeah AirPlay works thru the net/USB option, it's like playing pandora so every time you''ll have to manually chose a different input after you use AirPlay or use the app on the iDevices. Is like using a appleTV.
post #8803 of 10436
Hey guys, this thread is pretty big and the receiver is getting old but hopefully there are still some people who check it.

Anyways i'll preface by saying I have no idea what the root cause of my problem is so forgive me if this should have been posted elsewhere like in the speaker section or htpc section.

Anyways my issue is bass.

I have a htpc, hdmi out from a radeon 6870 to my denon 3311, and then rca out to my paradigm dsp3400. I have played with what I believe to be every setting and adjusted every crossover hundreds of times but the bass coming from my sub and even my mains (paradigm monitor 11's), is very low.
The only way I can really get the driver moving and to put out decent bass is to turn on tone control and max the "bass" setting, then max out the subwoofer on speaker levels and really turn the gain up on the actual sub, even then I don't think it is sounding ass loud/clean/deep as it really should. Same with my mains, they produce bass but for a full range speaker I think it should definately be a lot more.

I have a paid of studio 100s that put out significant bass but they are hooked up to the same htpc from a asus sound card out to a different amp.

On the computer I have all output levels set to 100, have exclusive access checked and have all dsp features turned off.

I'm going to try hooking my sub and speakers up to an older yamaha I have just to see if there is a difference but thought I would post here to hopefully get some feedback and see if there is something I am missing.

Thanks
post #8804 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post

Hey guys, this thread is pretty big and the receiver is getting old but hopefully there are still some people who check it.

Anyways i'll preface by saying I have no idea what the root cause of my problem is so forgive me if this should have been posted elsewhere like in the speaker section or htpc section.

Anyways my issue is bass.

I have a htpc, hdmi out from a radeon 6870 to my denon 3311, and then rca out to my paradigm dsp3400. I have played with what I believe to be every setting and adjusted every crossover hundreds of times but the bass coming from my sub and even my mains (paradigm monitor 11's), is very low.
The only way I can really get the driver moving and to put out decent bass is to turn on tone control and max the "bass" setting, then max out the subwoofer on speaker levels and really turn the gain up on the actual sub, even then I don't think it is sounding ass loud/clean/deep as it really should. Same with my mains, they produce bass but for a full range speaker I think it should definately be a lot more.

I have a paid of studio 100s that put out significant bass but they are hooked up to the same htpc from a asus sound card out to a different amp.

On the computer I have all output levels set to 100, have exclusive access checked and have all dsp features turned off.

I'm going to try hooking my sub and speakers up to an older yamaha I have just to see if there is a difference but thought I would post here to hopefully get some feedback and see if there is something I am missing.

Thanks

Do you have your fronts set to smalls? Have you run Audyssey? Have you checked that your front speakers are in phase (+ - speaker terminals hooked up positive to positive, negative to negative). Set the crossover to 80 for your fronts. Do you have your sub crossover set to bypass.Are you using a sub cable or the yellow cable in the red, white, yellow composite cable. Have you checked it with another source.
post #8805 of 10436
fronts are set to large but I have tried setting them to small .
I've also played with the front crossover settings from 40-80Hz.
Polarity was checked on speakers, everything is in phase.
I am using an actual subwoofer cable.
In regards to the sub crossover nothing is set to bypass as far as I know. On the actual subwoofer i've adjust the crossover back and forth and played with all the LFE setting on the denon (lfe + main, just straight lfe and all the available crossover settings).
The only thing I have not done is tried another source. I am going to dig up my old ipod and plug it in since it is the only other thing I have to plug into the avr. I'll give that a shot and see.
post #8806 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post

fronts are set to large but I have tried setting them to small .
I've also played with the front crossover settings from 40-80Hz.
Polarity was checked on speakers, everything is in phase.
I am using an actual subwoofer cable.
In regards to the sub crossover nothing is set to bypass as far as I know. On the actual subwoofer i've adjust the crossover back and forth and played with all the LFE setting on the denon (lfe + main, just straight lfe and all the available crossover settings).
The only thing I have not done is tried another source. I am going to dig up my old ipod and plug it in since it is the only other thing I have to plug into the avr. I'll give that a shot and see.

Set your fronts to small and Subwoofer to Yes in Speaker Config.
Set SW Mode to LFE and the LPF for LFE to 120hz
Set the Crossover to 80Hz in Crossover Frequency

Make sure your your sub crossover is set to Bypass,you have that setting on your sub. Your volume, try setting it a half way (12 O'clock position).
Your 0 180 option on your sub should be set to 0

Are you sure your sub cable is in the right input output?

Setting your fronts to small tells your receiver to send signal to your sub.
post #8807 of 10436
Maybe buy a bluray player from Costco or BJ's and try a movie, then return it if don't want to keep it. That way you can make sure is not the card on the PC.
post #8808 of 10436
Any solution to the loss of the on screen menu display other than trying a reset of the entire unit? Use to work, now it doesn't. (yes, I'm selecting "AMP" first on the remote and am in the correct Zone).

Thanks.
post #8809 of 10436
^^
All sources have the issue or just one? Ensure the "Video Convert" setting is set to ON.
post #8810 of 10436
^
Also make sure you are not pure mode. Hit another surround mode to get out of pure mode.
post #8811 of 10436
Thanks - will give that a try.

Currently hosed on all sources, although in NET/USB, the selection menu for that source will display.
post #8812 of 10436
^^
Then doing a reset is likely your next step although SAVE the config file to a PC file first so you can simply LOAD it back after the setup.
post #8813 of 10436
Another thread I found on this issue with Denons mentioned that OSD may not work if both Monitor Out ports are used. Not sure if that is correct, at least for this model, but I am using both . Then again, I've been using both for a while an I'm *fairly certain* the OSD worked since I have used both. Curious if there is anything to that, but I don't see any reference to this in any of the manual's fine print that I can find. (the thread is linkled below and is in regards to a Denon 3600 - I'm sure much has changed since that model)

Thanks again for the assistance.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/...9/1487828.aspx

Edit - I found resolution to it, a simple processor reset as was suggested. Unfortunately, I have yet to master the Save Config process, which is why I always use reset as a last resort...

Thanks again.
post #8814 of 10436
Hi....it started flickering when listening to music on Net/USB...and progressively almost disappeared (i.e. just flickers crazy and goes into white noise screen etc)....and finally just not displaying anything but trying to attempt to show something. So, it was as if it gradually "broke" within a span of 5 minutes.

I do not remember anyone on the forum reporting this before (I am a regular reader). Thankfully, the "menu" appears while on SAT/CBL etc..so I can still edit...but unfortunately this means that I cannot access menu or tweak anything while on NET/USB.

Time to call Denon ? ...is it the website ? Did not imagine I would be one of the guys running into problem after listening to all the stories over 1 year on this forum. PS - I am in Boston area...any suggestions on how to proceed ?
post #8815 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by svbp007 View Post

Hi....it started flickering when listening to music on Net/USB...and progressively almost disappeared (i.e. just flickers crazy and goes into white noise screen etc)....and finally just not displaying anything but trying to attempt to show something. So, it was as if it gradually "broke" within a span of 5 minutes.

It resolved itself after switching off for some time and back on. Not sure if I should still take some action as it was rather peculiar....or guess I can wait since there is still some time on warranty.
post #8816 of 10436
Hi All, I reset my microprocessor after saving the config.dat file with the web interface. Well, now I'm trying to load the file and I'm getting the following error message:

This webpage is not available
The connection to 10.0.1.4 was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.


I have "Network Standby" set to ON, per the directions on the LOAD page. My network connection seems to be working fine. I downloaded the latest firmware with no problem and it's saving the config files without any hiccups. Please help! I can't bear the thought of re-programming everything!
post #8817 of 10436
Make sure before you leave the Net/Usb source that you hit the stop icon below the Play icon on your remote and see if that helps.
post #8818 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbinpnw View Post

Hi All, I reset my microprocessor after saving the config.dat file with the web interface. Well, now I'm trying to load the file and I'm getting the following error message:

This webpage is not available
The connection to 10.0.1.4 was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I have "Network Standby" set to ON, per the directions on the LOAD page. My network connection seems to be working fine. I downloaded the latest firmware with no problem and it's saving the config files without any hiccups. Please help! I can't bear the thought of re-programming everything!

Try to do it with Firefox browser.
post #8819 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauro74 View Post

Try to do it with Firefox browser.

Thanks, but no luck. Just tried that with the latest version of Firefox and got a similar error:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


The AVR screen shows "loading" right away when I attempt the upload and the error in the browser appears after 1-2 minutes. The AVR screen continues to show "loading" forever or until I turn it off then on again.

The AVR is connected to an ethernet hub, which is connected to an Airport Extreme router. Config.dat file is coming from either a MacBook via wireless or a NAS drive via ethernet (tried both).

Is there any way to load from a USB drive and forget the network entirely? Didn't see anything in the manual about it, so I'm assuming no.
post #8820 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by spager View Post

Set your fronts to small and Subwoofer to Yes in Speaker Config.
Set SW Mode to LFE and the LPF for LFE to 120hz
Set the Crossover to 80Hz in Crossover Frequency

Make sure your your sub crossover is set to Bypass,you have that setting on your sub. Your volume, try setting it a half way (12 O'clock position).
Your 0 180 option on your sub should be set to 0

Are you sure your sub cable is in the right input output?

Setting your fronts to small tells your receiver to send signal to your sub.

Thanks a million, going to try that out.

Question though, if i set my fronts to small doesn't that send all low frequencies to my sub? Shouldn't my mains be doing some stuff under 120Hz so that it blends in with the sub?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK