Yet another problem...
I've had the 4600 for about 10 months now and have been using the Setup Manager on my laptop all along with no problems. But starting in December, I can no longer use it.
When I launch Setup Manager, the small window still pops up and shows my receiver (so there is connectivity). I then select my receiver and click Next (or whatever). Now, 100% of the time, during the "Read From Receiver" window, I get another window that pops up:
Unknown error has occurred. (0x80040301)
So now I can't use this piece of software. Here are some other points:
- I am not positive that the Setup Manager worked once I upgraded to the latest SW version for the receiver (1.02 or something like that). Not sure if that's a possible problem.
- Sony ES support has no idea what the problem is.
- I can still play songs from Windows Media Player directly to my receiver, so there's definitely a network connection between the two (plus it recognizes the receiver when I initially launch Setup Manager, as described above).
- When I Google the error above, I see the error in connection with Microsoft Exchange (??). I am not having ANY other problems with my laptop, including e-mail problems.
- I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the Setup Manager software multiple times. I have even installed the software on my work laptop and get the same exact error.
- I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit, Home Deluxe Edition on my laptop and using v. 1.0 of Setup Manager, which Sony says is the most recent version.
I can't figure out why this stopped working after 8 months of working just fine. I would GREATLY appreciate any thoughts any of you might have.
Thanks in advance.