Originally Posted by cave35
I have a HTR-6063 which I believe is the same as the 667? There are 5 devices connect to it via HDMI:
- HDMI 1: Shaw Gateway Portal (cable TV receiver)
- HDMI 2: Xbox 360
- HDMI 3: Apple TV 2
- HDMI 4: NetGear NeoTV 550
- HDMI 5: Pace Tahoe 775D (cable TV receiver)
The receiver is connected to a Sony rear project TV via HDMI. The TV is an older model so it only capable of up to 1080i. All have been working fine until about a month ago. Suddenly, two of the devices, the Shaw Gateway Portal (TV receiver) and the Apple TV 2 lost the video. Sound still comes through no problem.
Here is what I've done so far:
1. plug the two devices directly to the TV (one at a time, of course), both have sound and video.
2. swapped HDMI cables with the other working devices
3. Swap ports to other HDMI input, for example Apple TV2 now goes to HDMI 2, 3 or 5.
4. Unplug power of all devices and power back on
5. verified that the receiver detects the TV is not capable of 1080p, from the Information screen
6. Forced the Portal to output only 480i, SDTV
Same results. Sound without video, I even reset the video and receiver to factory default following the troubleshooting guide of the manual.
When I restart the two devices, I can actually see the boot up sequence of each (the Apple Logo for the Apple TV and the Arris logo for the Portal). It is only after they finish booting that the screen went blank.
I doubt it if the HDCP is messed up because step 6 above and because the other three devices still work. Is that a good assumption? Any input would be appreciated.