or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Some Mitsubishi & Samsung 3D Glasses the same?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some Mitsubishi & Samsung 3D Glasses the same?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Mitsubishi's new 3D starter kit for their TV's is including 2 pairs of glasses that look the same as what Samsung is offering.

Mitsubishi Official Site

as seen here Mitsubishi 3D Engadget posting

Mitsubishi's Glasses





Samsung's Glasses



At first I thought the picture was put up by accident, but after looking at the side of the Mitsubishi box, it is clearly the same set of shutter glasses
post #2 of 22
You can prove this with out out a doubt by a picture? I'm not believing any thing till I get my hands on them, or Mitsubishi announces the brand maker. This is just more guessing and unproven rumors.
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

You can prove this with out out a doubt by a picture? I'm not believing any thing till I get my hands on them, or Mitsubishi announces the brand maker. This is just more guessing and unproven rumors.

Yes I am assuming, but another assumption could be that Samsung is buying their glasses from an third party and slapping their name on them, and the Mitsu. is buying from the same company, I thought the first though seeing as Samsung is the only company that I am aware of to have that design of glasses.
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post

Yes I am assuming, but another assumption could be that Samsung is buying their glasses from an third party and slapping their name on them, and the Mitsu. is buying from the same company, I thought the first though seeing as Samsung is the only company that I am aware of to have that design of glasses.

Still the fact is, no one has seen an actual picture of the glasses in the kit and Mitsubishi is not giving out any info on who makes them. All the pic's I've seen are generic pic's of glasses that are siimalar to the Samsung style. No one has seen the real shipping glasses.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

Still the fact is, no one has seen an actual picture of the glasses in the kit and Mitsubishi is not giving out any info on who makes them. All the pic's I've seen are generic pic's of glasses that are siimalar to the Samsung style. No one has seen the real shipping glasses.

I understand your point, and your right until the glasses are in our hands we cant tell, and on Mitsubishis current box are they have they are showing on the side the glasses, but as of no they could be placeholders, then again the pictures that Engadget received were direct from Mitsubishi PR, I would imagine the final product will be out very soon.
post #6 of 22
PR people rank right up there with Marketing people.
post #7 of 22
I believe that the glases are made by the same OEM manufacturer most likely at one of the Xpand factories and Samsung buys them with their name on them and Mits buys them with no name on them.

And the specs for the lenses are the TI specs for the Mits adapter and the specs for the lenses are Samsung Specs or their 3D TV.
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

I believe that the glases are made by the same OEM manufacturer IAW with TI specs most likely at one of the Xpand factories and Samsung buys them with their name on them and Mits buys them with no name on them.

I believe they are special 3D space glasses sent down by aliens from another universe and the kit is taking so long because the star cruiser ran out of fuel for the warp drive and AAA is having a hard time getting to them. But we still haven't found out yet.
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post


Mitsubishi's Glasses





Samsung's Glasses



At first I thought the picture was put up by accident, but after looking at the side of the Mitsubishi box, it is clearly the same set of shutter glasses



I'd noted this similarity in the adapter thread (they even weigh the same), but didn't post actual pictures. looking at this closer, you'll notice the earpieces are different, the Mits are totally convex while the Samsung's are S shaped by the ear, therefore, they're not identical/Samsung. probably sourced from the same manufacturer with vendor specific mods though.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by khee mao View Post

I'd noted this similarity in the adapter thread (they even weigh the same), but didn't post actual pictures. looking at this closer, you'll notice the earpieces are different, the Mits are totally convex while the Samsung's are S shaped by the ear, therefore, they're not identical/Samsung. probably sourced from the same manufacturer with vendor specific mods though.

Good catch about the earpieces.

Even if they were the same design though, (OP) what's the big deal?
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

I believe they are special 3D space glasses sent down by aliens from another universe and the kit is taking so long because the star cruiser ran out of fuel for the warp drive and AAA is having a hard time getting to them. But we still haven't found out yet.

your wrong they didn`t run at of fuel the batteries went dead and it took time to find new ones. hehehe
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

your wrong they didn`t run at of fuel the batteries went dead and it took time to find new ones. hehehe

You sure about that? They might have forgot the XpanD battery too to swap batteries. LOL
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

You sure about that? They might have forgot the XpanD battery too to swap batteries. LOL

ya but if they are samsung glasses that might not be the case.
post #14 of 22
Shoulda been using Energizer.....
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
The main point I was trying to get across is that if they are the same and Mits. sells glasses separately for cheaper they may be compatible with the Samsung sets or Vice-Versa
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post

The main point I was trying to get across is that if they are the same and Mits. sells glasses separately for cheaper they may be compatible with the Samsung sets or Vice-Versa

then why didn`t you xplain that in the beginning. also change the heading different. makes everybody thinking that mitt is doing something wrong.
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post

The main point I was trying to get across is that if they are the same and Mits. sells glasses separately for cheaper they may be compatible with the Samsung sets or Vice-Versa

or that a qualitative review of the Samsungs would give you a good idea of how the Mits glasses would perform to help decide if you'd rather buy the starter pack or the adapter without the bundled Mits glasses. perfectly reasonable.
post #18 of 22
Although the frames appear to be from the same OEM ASG glases manufacturer the specs for the lenses are the TI DLP specs for the Mits adapter and the specs for the lenses are Samsung Specs or their 3D TV.
post #19 of 22
I work for a national wholesale distributor and the Mitsubishi Rep told me today the glasses are made by Samsung (or their OEM manf.)

I asked if Mitsubishi was going to sell the glasses outside of the kit and she said no, all you have to do is have your customer buy the Samsung glasses if they need extras.
post #20 of 22
Topic title changed.
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uconn99 View Post

I work for a national wholesale distributor and the Mitsubishi Rep told me today the glasses are made by Samsung (or their OEM manf.)

That seems kind of obvious, or visa versa.
post #22 of 22
When I get my starter kit I'm taking one of the glasses to BB to test just to be sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Some Mitsubishi & Samsung 3D Glasses the same?