or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4) - Page 21

post #601 of 1064
Thread Starter 
They can promote their products however they want, and the public can react however they want. Like I said, I'm not even bitter about the situation and I also said I got a great price on a top tier game I never expected to be free to subscribers.

But it was clumsy in the way they handled it. If they wait, say, a month between sale and free in the future, it won't have as much public griping as there is now.

But if they are fine with the recent reaction (which is mild compared to the great response to the deals overall), it's their right to do this as much as they wish.
post #602 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

They can promote their products however they want, and the public can react however they want. Like I said, I'm not even bitter about the situation and I also said I got a great price on a top tier game I never expected to be free to subscribers.
But it was clumsy in the way they handled it. If they wait, say, a month between sale and free in the future, it won't have as much public griping as there is now.
But if they are fine with the recent reaction (which is mild compared to the great response to the deals overall), it's their right to do this as much as they wish.

Of course it's their right. Nothing illegal about it. And a Sony rep did respond to a PS Blog comment/complaint:
Quote:

+ nobodies-hero on June 5th, 2012 at 6:02 am said:

WEll I mean thats cool. But really disappointing move putting these games on sale the week before. I just dumped money on Infamous2. Its like you punishing the loyal playstation plus subscribers who spend money on psn and rewarding people who buy plus and dont spend the money. I don’t know just feels like a slap in the face. Anyone else?



+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

That’s valid feedback, we’ll look into this to ensure there’s a better coordination between any full game sales that come to the Store, and then their possible subsequent inclusion in Plus.

On the bright side, you do own the game, regardless of whether you’re a Plus member or not, but I do feel your pain here. Important feedback and we’ll keep a closer eye on this.

It is hard to be bitter because of everything else I'm getting free, but it will certainly make me think twice about buying a digital version of a full game costing about as much as a disc copy in the future.

And just to remove any doubt I may have had that Sony's marketing/sales departments are run by a bunch of clueless idiots, today I received my weekly PSN Store News update featuring the following as the lead item with a huge graphic:
Quote:
PS3 Full Game Ultimate Edition Sale

PlayStation®Network is giving you the Ultimate Deal on select PS3™ Full Games + all Add-ons. For one week only, these new Ultimate Editions of some of the PS3™'s biggest titles come complete with all DLC included for 30% off for PSN Members, and a massive 50% off for PlayStation®Plus Subscribers. From 5/29 thru 6/4 get your Ultimate Editions at the Ultimate low price.
post #603 of 1064
Heh. They sent me that one yesterday and then followed up an hour later with a "whoops--here's the right one."
post #604 of 1064
Wow, long thread. I just have one question:

1) Are there any known games or video game companies that for whatever reason, won't properly allow me to either save my game to the cloud, or retrieve it from the cloud--especially if I were to get a new system if my current one died or was stolen?

I ask this because I remember saving a PS3 game of Madden to my personal portable hard drive years ago. When the PS3 died and I got a new one, I transferred the save to the new PS3 from the hard drive. But when I popped in Madden, it said that my game save was specific or tied to my *old* PS3, and therefore it wouldn't work with my new one.

So I was SOL.
post #605 of 1064
Limbo is awesome and is currently half off. Well worth the 7.50.
post #606 of 1064
Isnt it the rule, that if you pay > .01 for a game as a plus member, you get to keep the item after your plus membership expires ?

Sure u payed for infamous 2, but you get to keep it.

I'm so backlogged... I probably wont even get to play it in the next year. And poof.
Or worse, I'll be 6 hours into it and be forced to re-up it.
post #607 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

Isnt it the rule, that if you pay > .01 for a game as a plus member, you get to keep the item after your plus membership expires ?
Sure u payed for infamous 2, but you get to keep it.
I'm so backlogged... I probably wont even get to play it in the next year. And poof.
Or worse, I'll be 6 hours into it and be forced to re-up it.

Yes, anything you pay for you keep. Anything they give you for free will expire when your plus membership expires
post #608 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan2006 View Post

Wow, long thread. I just have one question:
1) Are there any known games or video game companies that for whatever reason, won't properly allow me to either save my game to the cloud, or retrieve it from the cloud--especially if I were to get a new system if my current one died or was stolen?
I ask this because I remember saving a PS3 game of Madden to my personal portable hard drive years ago. When the PS3 died and I got a new one, I transferred the save to the new PS3 from the hard drive. But when I popped in Madden, it said that my game save was specific or tied to my *old* PS3, and therefore it wouldn't work with my new one.
So I was SOL.
Very few games (less than 1%) have protected saves. I don't know if there's a list anywhere though.
post #609 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Very few games (less than 1%) have protected saves. I don't know if there's a list anywhere though.

There's a pretty comprehensive list at ps3trophies.org.

About a 125 retail games and almost 100 PSN games have locked saves.

EDIT: To address PacMan's concern, I've never heard of any game with a locked save file that couldn't be saved and retrieved from the Cloud, but only to the PSN ID on which the PS Plus service was purchased.

Contrary to the explanation at the beginning of the forum post I linked, if your PS Plus service lapses, your saves will still be waiting for you on the Cloud when you sign up again. I don't know if there is a time limit on how long they'll be there, but in the past 12 months I have had 4 separate 30-day Plus trials and have just started a full year of membership, and each time my subscription was active again, I was able to access any save I ever put on the Cloud, going back to the first 30-day trial as part of Sony's Welcome Back package in June of 2011.
Edited by Zookster - 6/21/12 at 8:59am
post #610 of 1064
Next week they're doing best of E3 2011 nominees. I hope they have Journey for half off.
post #611 of 1064
150 MB for cloud saves is garbage. Not nearly enough. I think GMail gives you two gigs for free. They should make it unlimited since most people won't use more than 50 MB anyway.

And four bucks off Journey, a game that's about to be apart of a 30 dollar collection, is also garbage.
post #612 of 1064
150MB is good for many many games except for a few outliers which take tons of space. If you leave these out you can probably back up all your other games with room to spare. So use a USB stick for SSX ghosts or Afrika saves, most game saves are very small. Sure they can make it bigger, but stop the stupid hyperbole and call it "garbage". And $4 off a $15 game is bad now because there is a $30 collection? WTF kind of logic is that?
post #613 of 1064
I just checked out the PS+ deals on the Japanese store, it's a joke compared to any of the lineups that the US store has gotten...
post #614 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I just checked out the PS+ deals on the Japanese store, it's a joke compared to any of the lineups that the US store has gotten...

Care to elaborate with, you know, actual details or examples?
post #615 of 1064
Does anyone have a plus + month code for free? If so PM me.
post #616 of 1064
Thread Starter 
You can get a month free if you purchase select games from Amazon.

EDIT: I removed the PSLS link because of a warning in the next post. This link goes to Google's searh results so you can then go directly to Amazon's PS+ free offer page. The direct link to Amazon's page isn't working when I try to post it here.
Edited by joeblow - 6/28/12 at 10:05am
post #617 of 1064
Warning: Playstationlifestyle.net (the link above) appears to have drive-by malware. I noticed it the other day.
post #618 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

Care to elaborate with, you know, actual details or examples?

A couple of PS1 titles and a few minis, not much else.
post #619 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

150MB is good for many many games except for a few outliers which take tons of space. If you leave these out you can probably back up all your other games with room to spare. So use a USB stick for SSX ghosts or Afrika saves, most game saves are very small. Sure they can make it bigger, but stop the stupid hyperbole and call it "garbage". And $4 off a $15 game is bad now because there is a $30 collection? WTF kind of logic is that?

It's pretty sound logic when, in the collection, it's a ten dollar game while on the PSN at a discounted rate, it's eleven dollars. Garbage. And 150 MB might have been a lot of space back in the Apple II days. But now, you can fit that on a speck of dust. No reason to shortchange us like this. If it was free, then I could see your point.
post #620 of 1064
Given that Microsoft gives you 500mb, Apple gives you 5gb, and Steam gives you 2gb, yeah, 150mb is some pretty anemic garbage. It's a small enough amount of space as to be useless as I can't store all of my saves on it. Since the PS3 is my least used system, and therefore I have the smallest number of games for it, we aren't talking about a lot of saves.

I have had to manage my cloud saves on multiple occasions, something that I wouldn't have to do if Sony matched even their nearest competitor's 512mb. But then again this is the combination of "Sony" and "network". It's not something that they're very good at.
post #621 of 1064
Apple gives you 5gb for game saves? I had no idea. rolleyes.gif
post #622 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

150MB is good for many many games except for a few outliers which take tons of space. If you leave these out you can probably back up all your other games with room to spare. So use a USB stick for SSX ghosts or Afrika saves, most game saves are very small.

Agreed. I have dozens and dozens of saves on the cloud (which is more than probably 90% of the PS3 gamers out there), yet I still have 40% of cloud storage left. Storage is only a problem if you have an insane number of game saves or you have one of the rare "outliers" hogging up a ton of room.

If the cost for getting a fantastic lineup of full games to play for free while subscribing means I make do with 150 MB of cloud space, then I'd be fine to keep the outliers saved on console only so that there is plenty of room left for anything else.
post #623 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Warning: Playstationlifestyle.net (the link above) appears to have drive-by malware. I noticed it the other day.
Whoa, I didn't get a warning with my malware trackers. Which one are you using?

In any case, I edited the post and put a link to Google's search results to Amazon's page which details all the free PS+ trial offers. For some reason, the link directly to Amazon's page isn't working when I post it.
Edited by joeblow - 6/28/12 at 10:02am
post #624 of 1064
I got the following pop-up, and was immediately redirected to a fake AV page when I closed it.

Untitled.jpg

And that is NOT a message from my AV package!
post #625 of 1064
Thread Starter 
I never saw the pop up because I think my Firefox browser settings and mods prevent it. Thanks for the heads up.
post #626 of 1064
Possibly. I was using IE. I switch back and forth without really thinking about it. Those "Fake AV" infections are a real pain to get rid of, if you ever can. Most the time when I help out friends and family I just tell them it's time to backup their data and start from scratch.
post #627 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Whoa, I didn't get a warning with my malware trackers. Which one are you using?
In any case, I edited the post and put a link to Google's search results to Amazon's page which details all the free PS+ trial offers. For some reason, the link directly to Amazon's page isn't working when I post it.

From my experience, you should get the code for the free Plus month when the new game ships, so if you order today, you should still have time to redeem the code to take advantage of all the current free games offers.
post #628 of 1064
Thread Starter 
The three games being removed from the free-to-play list tomorrow (Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, Hard Coprs: Uprising) will be replaced by the following titles according the the official blog:

Gotham City Imposters
Pac Man CE DX
Renegade Ops
post #629 of 1064
Pacman CE DX is bloody fantastic. You all should have already paid money for it, but if not, grab it now.
post #630 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The three games being removed from the free-to-play list tomorrow (Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, Hard Coprs: Uprising) will be replaced by the following titles according the the official blog:
Gotham City Imposters
Pac Man CE DX
Renegade Ops
Wow. This PS+ perk is really picking up steam. VF5, Hard Corps, and Pac Man CE DX are all outstanding games that everyone should already own. I may stop buying downloadable games and just pay for PS+ instead. I'm away from my PS3 for a while, so I miss out on the VF5 deal, but it looks like Sony means business with these deals. Much better than what they were offering just a few months ago. I'm impressed.

I own most of these, but if I stop buying downloadable titles now, I'll probably be able to pick them up with a PS+ subscription in a year. I'm willing to wait if it means getting them at a fraction of the regular cost.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4)