Just did a bit of prep work this week. Took down the extra clips that I had attached and were unnecessary. Serves me right! Cleaned up the room a fair bit. Gave it a wet mop which helped a lot with the constant dust and stapled up the remaining plastic to the ceiling to stop more of the crap from falling out. I then started the wall and ceiling insulation.
Harvey Norman, which is a large retailer here in Australia, had a special through their on-line section. Picked up some Knauff Earthwool thermal and acoustic batts. Would not normally have bothered with the acoustic side of things due to most here saying that the cheapest fluffy batts are fine. But they worked out at less than $2.00 per metre squared and they claimed to be 'no itch'.http://www.knaufinsulation.com.au/pr...rol_batts.aspx
I am happy to report that this was absolutely true and even though they recommend protective clothing, this proved unnecessary. They were really soft to handle and went in quick smart. Managed to get most of the walls done except where I am blocking the windows and areas where I will be running speaker cable. Also did not put batts where existing electrical wiring was partially exposed on old light switches etc. Will wait for the electrician to come back and sort that out properly to avoid issues.
I then moved the riser timbers and flooring to make way for the drywall. It's going to be a bit cramped in there but I don't have a garage and really didn't want to leave 1500 odd dollars worth of drywall outside, albeit under a tarp.
I have 52 sheets of 5/8 drywall arriving tomorrow morning.http://www.gyprock.com.au/our-produc...ek™.aspx
Looks like I will be working right through until next Monday or longer so there may not be a lot of progress before the following weekend. Am hoping that between three guys, a drywall lift and some beer to ease the pain, we should be able to get the room sheeted within 1 to 1 1/2 days. Will spend the time getting the remaining insulation in, working out the space for my columns for mounting the lights, roughing out the electrical and speaker wiring and getting all my wires labelled for simpler connection later on.
Thats about all for now. Trying to keep some pace going but after the debacle of the clips, not going to rush again. Just made for more work.