Got stuck into work yesterday afternoon and framed up a simple stage. It's 4.16 metres wide x 1.2 metres deep x 230mm high (13.6 feet x 4 feet x 9 inches high). It's made entirely of 8x2 oregon so pretty heavy when assembled. I can vouch for this
Got it all screwed together last night by myself but at that point I couldn't face stuffing insulation in, so called it a night.
Ended up waking up at 6am and decided to get back into the theatre room for some more work. First order was bringing a power line up through the stage for a power outlet. This is a 20 amp dedicated circuit. Don't know what I will need it for behind the stage wall (maybe a track light to mount behind the screen) but thought I would pull it through and top mount a power outlet box.
Needed to check out a section on the side frame of the stage for the cables. Typical, but when I pulled the wires through the drywall, It was about 2 inches short from the top of the side timbers. Quick check out and there was room for the 5 cables (LCR plus 2 subs).
Stuffed the stage with the remainder of my horrible itchy scratchy insulation (happy that's gone!) and then got the first layer of ply down. Each layer of ply is 15mm (3/5 of an inch thick) and the stage top is twin layers with Green Glue.
Took two hours today with Dad's help and we managed to get the stage finished. It is as solid as a rock and not going anywhere. Should be a good platform for the Danleys. Made sure that it cleared all of the walls.
Anyway, some more pictures.
Riser stuffed with insulation (not too tight) and ready for the ply.
Power outlet box mounted to the top of the ply. For the buttkickers if I decide to use them.
Sorry about the fuzzy pic. Here's the timber cut up yesterday ready for stage assembly.
Stage framed up. Room smelt good with all that sawn up oregon.
Another shot of the stage.
Stuffed with insulation. Few bags in there! Power line also brought through top of stage.
Where I had to check out the side beam for the speaker wires. It lined up when the stage was pushed forward.
Starting the Green Gluing between the ply layers. Hopefully will make a difference.
He's such a help... already on the stage.
Getting the room tidy again.
View from the entry door, past the rear riser toward the stage.
I think I have earned some time off for a couple of days. Time to put up the Christmas tree and have some fun out of the theatre room.