or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 2

post #31 of 4754
And as a 472 owner, I can assure you that the crappy Costco pq was far exceeded at home. I almost didn't buy it...
post #32 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz01 View Post

And as a 472 owner, I can assure you that the crappy Costco pq was far exceeded at home. I almost didn't buy it...

Yeah Costco doesn't adjust the picture for anything. That's real stupid. They should make the tv's look their best so it'll draw people in & make em wanna buy.
post #33 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post

Yeah Costco doesn't adjust the picture for anything. That's real stupid. They should make the tv's look their best so it'll draw people in & make em wanna buy.

People buy them anyway.

There are several problems at Costco. The source is split over many TV's which tends to degrade the PQ. The lighting is horrible for viewing. The sets are all in torch mode.

The ones that are hooked up to blu-ray players tend to show what the sets are really capable of and if you can go in on a non-busy day.....say Monday.....you can usually persuade the guy who works the department to move a blu-ray player to the TV you are interested in.
post #34 of 4754
If the 553 IS out, I should let Vizio know since they sent me this last week:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support, and I will be more than happy to help you with your inquiry.

I do apologize; however, I do not have a set release date for this model. I would highly suggest that you keep your eye on the News and Press link on our Vizio site. This will give you the most up to date information on upcoming releases. You can access this link at the following URL:

http://www.vizio.com/news/

If you need any additional assistance or are interested in any additional products feel free to contact me back directly or call us at (877) MY-VIZIO. 877.698.4946. Thanks and have a great day!

Leah Anderson
post #35 of 4754
My beautiful lovely wife was by the Walmart today and asked her to stop by and take pics of the TV for me. She confirmed that it is labeled as the XVT553SV. When I get access to the pics I will upload them.
post #36 of 4754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post

My beautiful lovely wife was by the Walmart today and asked her to stop by and take pics of the TV for me. She confirmed that it is labeled as the XVT553SV. When I get access to the pics I will upload them.

getting me all excited here..!!



Costco & vizio, actually, at the one i was at, the Vizio 551xvt they had, stood out like a sore thumb because it looked the most natural, they had some tiger woods video playing, and the set was slanted at an angle on their high rack up there, it was between a neighboring samsung in front of it, and a sharp behind it, and i was with family and even my younger sis was like 'yeah that one looks a lot nicer to me too' .. and she doesn't know crap lol (hope she doesnt see this).

but yeah, calibrated or not, that 551xvt would have been a deal for me right there that day, it looked brilliant compared to the others overly-saturated monkeys on the rack.. but because i know the 3sv is right around the corner, i held my pocket xD

what i wish to see in person, maybe at a BestBuy or something, is a side-by-side LG and Vizio when i do go shopping again.. =\\ almost never happens..
post #37 of 4754
Here are the pics. The wife was not able to get a side shot but this sucker is pretty thick.



post #38 of 4754
I wonder why Walmart would have tags printed up if the TV isn't scheduled to ship until Q4/Q1. The release date must be wrong (as well as Walmart).
post #39 of 4754
The HDTV in the photo looks like the 552, not the 553. The sound bar of the pictured set is silver over the full width. The 553 is only silver in the middle area.

Also, the fact that the price was rolled back would further indicate it is a set that was already available for a period of time at the higher price, then rolled back. So, somebody screwed up with the model number.
post #40 of 4754
I suspect the same thing.
post #41 of 4754
That's the 552........wrong tag........wrong TV.

Thank your wife for taking the pic though.....
post #42 of 4754
Double ditto.
post #43 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakk View Post

hmm i noticed that yah, but it doesn't sound that bad to me, i don't know much about lamp lifespans at all, but i counted 30,000 hours = 3.5years @ tv switched on 24/7...watching tv 12 hours a day will in theory double that to a 6 or 7 year "lifespan"...

perhaps this is one of the compromises Vizio made to build a solid performance set and keep within the affordable price range.

maybe 4 or 5 years is a "good cycle" for Vizio? like they assume more than likely consumers will shop for a new tv every 4 or 5 years..

it is sickening, at 30,000 hour 1/2 brightness lamp life, that 2199.00 tv should be 1200.00 at most

similar tv's are 2500-3000 = 100,000 lamp hours

Vizio needs to make tv's that last 10+ years (original picture quality) not 3 -5 years

heck I have a curtis mathes from 30 years ago that is bright as it was the day i bought it
post #44 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawgijoe View Post

That's the 552........wrong tag........wrong TV.

Thank your wife for taking the pic though.....

Agreed that is 552 sorry!!! I work at sam's club n see that tv everyday, I could spot that silver speaker bar from a mile away
post #45 of 4754
Thread Starter 
pooo.. that's a 552 or 551... silver speaker block says it all without questions..

i got so excited! >:


many thanks for the photos though, and that store should fix its labeling pronto..cant you sue for something like that? :P "false advertisement"
post #46 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post

My beautiful lovely wife was by the Walmart today and asked her to stop by and take pics of the TV for me. She confirmed that it is labeled as the XVT553SV. When I get access to the pics I will upload them.

My 2 local Walmarts have had the 47 listed as the 473xvt for about 2 weeks now, but they were 472 . I did see the 323xvt at BJ's though. The new power buttons also work as a scroller type mouse thru the menus, and the toned down gunmetal plate looks nice.
post #47 of 4754
Could the discrepancy in panel life (the older models having a longer life than the new one) be due to the new EnergyStar regulations?

552XVT
Quote:


COMPLIANCES Energy Star 3.0, ATSC Spec A/65, EIA/CEA-766-A

553SV
Quote:


COMPLIANCES Energy Star 4.0, ATSC Spec A/65, EIA/CEA-766-A
post #48 of 4754
I am waiting for this TV to be available and in the mean time, any other TV has similar features that is comparable to this TV?
post #49 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Y View Post

I am waiting for this TV to be available and in the mean time, any other TV has similar features that is comparable to this TV?

The Vizio 552.......it's not as thin......has the silver speaker bar......and has 80 zones (blocks) of LED's versus the 120 on the 553.
post #50 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerman_0 View Post

it is sickening, at 30,000 hour 1/2 brightness lamp life, that 2199.00 tv should be 1200.00 at most

similar tv's are 2500-3000 = 100,000 lamp hours

Vizio needs to make tv's that last 10+ years (original picture quality) not 3 -5 years

heck I have a curtis mathes from 30 years ago that is bright as it was the day i bought it

I guess. Bought a 472. AFAIC, close enough PQ to LH90. Less than half price and club store includes 3 year in home. For a great PQ and short cash, can upgrade every few years. A different solution that may appeal to some.
post #51 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz01 View Post

I guess. Bought a 472. AFAIC, close enough PQ to LH90. Less than half price and club store includes 3 year in home. For a great PQ and short cash, can upgrade every few years. A different solution that may appeal to some.

you guess? it is crap, having poor brightness life, the LG panels they come from are rated much higher, Vizio down grades them to cut costs, which is one of last areas that should be cut back

guess the being earth friendly thing is phony,

having upgrade every few years, means more stuff thrown out no matter if it is tv's or any other products
post #52 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerman_0 View Post

you guess? it is crap, having poor brightness life, the LG panels they come from are rated much higher, Vizio down grades them to cut costs, which is one of last areas that should be cut back

guess the being earth friendly thing is phony,

having upgrade every few years, means more stuff thrown out no matter if it is tv's or any other products

Let's see, at 8 hours a day it's ten years to half life. Guess 20 is better.

Plan on keeping your 2010 model flat screen for decades do you?

*edit* paid 1100 for the 472
post #53 of 4754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerman_0 View Post

you guess? it is crap, having poor brightness life, the LG panels they come from are rated much higher, Vizio down grades them to cut costs, which is one of last areas that should be cut back

guess the being earth friendly thing is phony,

having upgrade every few years, means more stuff thrown out no matter if it is tv's or any other products

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz01 View Post

Let's see, at 8 hours a day it's ten years to half life. Guess 20 is better.

Plan on keeping your 2010 model flat screen for decades do you?

*edit* paid 1100 for the 472

lol..if you're not contented with a television that will run you a solid 8-10 years minimum, then find another that will, no need to get mad and rip on a model everyone's patiently yet eagerly waiting to get their hands on.. ^^ maybe a 3000buck Sony would suit ya instead?
post #54 of 4754
Thread Starter 
anyone ever bought a tv right-off-release?

is it wise? or should wait for the reviews to pour in?

as many have noted, this is one tv that stands out on-paper..and there's alot that also have posted that they're waiting anxiously for product release..

pre-order price looks really good too at Amazon for just $1899(link), with free shipping+no tax, i'm just wondering if Amazon would raise the price after the tv releases, or if the tv will be out-of-stock for several months more (vizio can't keep up demand) which i don't wanna wait even longer either..

thats why i'm asking if anyone here has experience with buying "fresh of the line" televisions, this is one pre-order i'm struggling to resist..anyone can advise?
post #55 of 4754
I was early adopter with Vizio 552. This was my first HDTV purchase and I "didn't know what I didn't know". I wish I had of bought the tried and true 551 at a reduced year-end price.

Unfortunately, I believed promises of features to be enabled after shipment via firmware updates, etc. I'm still waiting for usb ports to be enabled, firmware update to fix a firmware update that broke TV setting and now it's almost a new model year. I just don't believe anymore, unless I see it myself first.

I like the picture on my set, but important features were missing that I didn't realize the importance of at the time, due to my inexperience. Also, as an early adopter, I had only the website for descriptions of how menus and services would look like, and how they would function. As it turned out there was precious little information there, and the manual was wrong.

Edit: By the way, advertising 3 USB ports when in fact none work is plain false advertising imho and should not be allowed.
post #56 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakk View Post


pre-order price looks really good too at Amazon for just $1899(link), with free shipping+no tax,

No tax? You're lucky. Amazon charges tax here in NY.
post #57 of 4754
I got excited when I saw this thread. After reading the posts I shot Vizio this email on their customer support page.



I noticed your XVT553 up for pre-order on Amazon. I have several questions:
1. When can we expect shipment of the XVT473 & XVT553?

2. Others who purchased the 552 model have stated that the remote is not well layed out and seems like an "after thought". Will this be improved on the 553?
3. After reading several reviews I noticed some persons with problems with their SVT 472 and 552 shutting off randomly. Will this be fixed in the 553 model?
4. On your site you are calling lamp life at 30,000 hours, is that accurate? Seems short.
5. Finally, Referring to reviews, several persons have complained about your customer support and issues with your return policy. If I buy a 553 will I have these issues if I have a problem?

Thank you,
I look forward to your reply,
post #58 of 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewrt View Post

I got excited when I saw this thread. After reading the posts I shot Vizio this email on their customer support page.



I noticed your XVT553 up for pre-order on Amazon. I have several questions:
1. When can we expect shipment of the XVT473 & XVT553?

2. Others who purchased the 552 model have stated that the remote is not well layed out and seems like an "after thought". Will this be improved on the 553?
3. After reading several reviews I noticed some persons with problems with their SVT 472 and 552 shutting off randomly. Will this be fixed in the 553 model?
4. On your site you are calling lamp life at 30,000 hours, is that accurate? Seems short.
5. Finally, Referring to reviews, several persons have complained about your customer support and issues with your return policy. If I buy a 553 will I have these issues if I have a problem?

Thank you,
I look forward to your reply,

Don't know what you expect for answers. More than likely, you'll get some sort of the following.

1)The 3xvt models are currently in production and will be shipping soon.

2)Countless hours of research and development have gone into the layout of the remote control. Here at Vizio, we take pride in providing the customer with the ultimate TV experience.

3)We are not aware of any power issues.

4)At 8 hours a day, lamp half life is 10 years. Most households' useage is less.

5)Maiximizing the customer experience is top priority for us. Our customer service personnel are trained professionals who honor all return policies.

Or no reply at all....
post #59 of 4754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewrt View Post

I got excited when I saw this thread. After reading the posts I shot Vizio this email on their customer support page.


I noticed your XVT553 up for pre-order on Amazon. I have several questions:
1. When can we expect shipment of the XVT473 & XVT553?


here's something i found on the Amazon pages too, when you scroll down to the bottom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Lindsey @ amazon on July 21 2010 View Post

Vizio's website states that this TV is slated to go on sell this month. I contacted them a couple of days ago and they told me that they shipped a bunch to Amazon and other Vizio retailers as well. It is now up to Amazon to launch these things. I am cautiously optimistic that this thing will be in my living room within two weeks. (As long as I have it before football season anyways.)

UPDATE: I was able to get in touch with a Vizio rep with some detailed info. He stated that the first round of shipments to Amazon have been completed and that they have them in stock. He said that Vizio will give them the green light to go live very shortly....no later than the middle of August. He confirmed the demand is extremely high for the 553....can't wait. I have the TV stand ready/Blu-Ray player ready and DirecTV on speed dial.


i'm still struggling with the decision if i want to pre-order or not..i've not been able to find any other tv within the same "specs/size" for the price, and like one of you said early adoption is not always that great...but if i wait longer and am slow to decide, i'm worried it will cost me and by the time Amazon gets a new "batch" the price would increase a couple hundred bucks.. =\\

anyone else can share their experiences with early adoption? like i've checked a few of the "official owners threads" and the opening posts almost always seem generally positive..until more adopters come along and start pointing out flaws..

thanks guys if you can help advise.
post #60 of 4754
Hopefully the 553 will also be available at Costco which is my preferred option due to the 90 day return policy as well as the extra year warranty.

It's always difficult to be an early adopter, but this set is based off of the 551 and 552 with more dimming zones, so more than likely an improvement in PQ.

The only other LCD/LED set that I've been interested in is the 55" LG Infinia 8500, But it's quite a bit more.

I've even been asking myself lately.....why not go with a plasma?.....heck, I can get a 58" Samsung for less than the 553...........I don't really know what to do......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk