Originally Posted by a4nkar
I recently purchased a TX-NR708 and BIC PL-200. The firmware is current. The problem I am facing is that Audyssey setup can not find the PL-200. No test tones are emitted from the subwoofer. I tried different cables and I have double checked the connections. I have searched using google and had not been able to figure what maybe the problem.
Any ideas on what I need to do?
Hi a4nkar, some suggestion to check over and test.
- set subwoofer volume at half, phase to zero, crossover highest setting and toggle switch to Bypass or Out.
- turn subwoofer on (not auto)
- subwoofer indicator light is green (not red)
- sub cable connected to "Subwoofer Pre-Out" and not "Subwoofer Multi Channel In"
- removing the sub cable from the "Subwoofer Pre-Out" and rub your finger over the tip (should hear static from the sub)
- test subwoofer by connecting a portable CD player, DVD player, MP3 or iPod/iTouch player to subwoofer Line In (should hear bass)
- reset receiver microprocessor (if sub is assume good) and retry