1. The holdup is Internet related issues (more or less),
2. There is no
full manual available as of now, not even a 'rough' copy,
3. The unit has been tested with various external USB adapters and/or enclosures, but no recommendations will be listed,
4. It will use a detachable AC power cord, no
outboard PS (brick),
5. It will format a HDD using EXT2, it will read NTFS drives in a PC,
6. This will have the ability to connect to the NTP (Network Time Protocol) server via the Internet for the time reference if your local station(s) are incorrect or have issues keeping the correct time (as many seem to be);http://www.ntp.org/
7. It will have the ability to let you choose which source it uses for time reference. It is recommended that it be left on the local setting,
8. CC data will not
be recorded. You can view CC when watching the program live, but to conserve space, CC is striped when the program is recorded. I stated I feel this will be a problem for some and they are aware it may be a concern for some,
9. The DVR does have the ability to record the full TS of the station: the Main channel and all sub-channels, including CC data, but this won't be implemented as of now,
10. Coupons should be issued when it is available for sale.
The time feature is new as I haven't seen/heard of this being mentioned before. This came as a welcome surprise. They are aware of the problems certain DVR's have with keeping the correct time due to local stations clocks being incorrect. The above should solve this.