or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › 3D mode on my Mitsubishi DLP's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3D mode on my Mitsubishi DLP's - Page 16

post #451 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalbower View Post

Can you link to the switch?


This is the one I am looking at:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

And this is my super high-tech depiction of what my set-up would be:




So with this I should be able to have a 2D setting and a 3D setting on the tv. When watching 2D I'll just turn the adapter off.
post #452 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc64 View Post

I run my DirecTV to my Denon 2311 receiver and then to the 3DC-A1 then to the TV and it works fine.

Same here using the Yamaha RX-V567.
post #453 of 662
This switch is $60. In your original post you mentioned one for $13.

Right now I have a Male to Female HDMI adapter and I am just manually swapping HDMI cables, but it would be nice to have a switch if it wasn't to expensive. I only need it for the DVD player.

Nice drawing of your setup BTW.
post #454 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

This is the one I am looking at:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

And this is my super high-tech depiction of what my set-up would be:




So with this I should be able to have a 2D setting and a 3D setting on the tv. When watching 2D I'll just turn the adapter off.

Let us all know if it works. This would be much easier then swapping my cords between the direct tv and PS3 and turning on and off the 3D mode on the tv.
post #455 of 662
I have this similar setup with a 4x2 monoprice switch and it works fine. Sometimes the switch needs reset, yhats the only issue. Way better than switching cables
post #456 of 662
Mitsubishi TV has a facebook page I just found out about.

http://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiTV

Please tell them on their page that some attention is needed to turn the DLP Link flash off on a number of TVs.

They are also having a contest to win some gear if you "like" the page and enter.
post #457 of 662
nice facebook link for them.
post #458 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

This is the one I am looking at:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

............

I've been considering the same monoprice switch for use with a 3D setup that I hope to put together when my new JVC 3D ready front projector arrives around the end of the year. My two 3D sources will be a PS3 and a Directv HD-DVR. Although you have a different setup than mine, I'll be real interested to see if you can confirm that this specific switch will sucessfully pass the 3D Frame Packing format and the HDMI 1.4 basic header info between the PS3 to your Mits 3D adapter box.
post #459 of 662
hello guys,well i cant post the result of use the viewsonic pgd 150 because just the day that i get then, i go out of country for bussinnes,well anyway i already test the new glasses but i really need to know if i need switch some special settings in my wd82837 or in the glasses because i still get the same image quality that with the mitsubishi glasses!! i still get a non bright colors guys,so any idea?? thanks!!
post #460 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

How many different ways do you want it said.
Yes the Mitsubishi kit glasses suck.
Yes buy viewsonic and quality will come back wearing them.

hello dude,well i cant post the result of use the viewsonic pgd 150 because just the day that i get then, i go out of country for bussinnes,well anyway i already test the new glasses but i really need to know if i need switch some special settings in my wd82837 or in the glasses because i still get the same image quality that with the mitsubishi glasses!! i still get a non bright colors men,so any idea?? thanks!!
post #461 of 662
Please define what you mean by picture quality.
I no of no difference between the glasess that would improve the PQ.
Have you tried adjusting the PQ settings such as brightness when watching 3D content using the glases?
What is the source of your 3D content?
post #462 of 662
The glasses improve the blacks from the DLP link from the TV, improving the way the picture looks viewing 3D. Turning the 3D mode on Automatically darkens the screen. If you want it brighter you need to messing with the setting till you find something you like.
post #463 of 662
The Viewsonic glasses definitely make the image look brighter compared to the glasses from the starter kit. I got mine yesterday and tested them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post

hello guys,well i cant post the result of use the viewsonic pgd 150 because just the day that i get then, i go out of country for bussinnes,well anyway i already test the new glasses but i really need to know if i need switch some special settings in my wd82837 or in the glasses because i still get the same image quality that with the mitsubishi glasses!! i still get a non bright colors guys,so any idea?? thanks!!
post #464 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post

hello guys,well i cant post the result of use the viewsonic pgd 150 because just the day that i get then, i go out of country for bussinnes,well anyway i already test the new glasses but i really need to know if i need switch some special settings in my wd82837 or in the glasses because i still get the same image quality that with the mitsubishi glasses!! i still get a non bright colors guys,so any idea?? thanks!!

Can you give us a very detailed desription of every step you take, what settings and buttons on the tv menu, 3D adapter and glasses you press? Also, try both the standard and reverse 3D settings on the tv.
post #465 of 662
i got a facebook going about the teal color when in 3d, i dont know if it will get mits to fix the problem but its worth a try --
.facebook.com/pages/Mitsubishi-3d-looks-like-crap/149683845076213?ref=ts
post #466 of 662
In another thread, it was stated that the IOD glasses restore the blacks in 3D mode AND avoid the polarization rainbows. Also, they are relatively cheap. However, it was also stated that they are flimsy and uncomfortable....not to mention they are hard to look at with a straight face.
post #467 of 662
I've read through all of these posts and have decided on getting the Mitsubishi adapter and Optoma glasses for my 73837 set. This is still the best option right? No other glasses have come out yet that are better?

Also, have any of you seen How to Train Your Dragon in 3D yet? I was reading the review on blu-ray.com and it mentioned black levels that were too dark sometimes. I was wondering if that was because of the Samsung TV he was using and if the Mitsubishis handled it better. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/How-to.../14730/#Review

Of course the only way to get it is on ebay for a ridiculous price but hopefully it's worth it. I'm scared to think how much the Avatar 3D discs will be going for. It's really unfortunate these companies are hurting the very technology they're trying to promote by these money-grabbing tie-ins. At least I'll be playing Gran Turismo 5 in 3D without having to buy a new TV or pay an exorbitant price on ebay.
post #468 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post

I've read through all of these posts and have decided on getting the Mitsubishi adapter and Optoma glasses for my 73837 set. This is still the best option right? No other glasses have come out yet that are better?

Also, have any of you seen How to Train Your Dragon in 3D yet? I was reading the review on blu-ray.com and it mentioned black levels that were too dark sometimes. I was wondering if that was because of the Samsung TV he was using and if the Mitsubishis handled it better. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/How-to.../14730/#Review

Of course the only way to get it is on ebay for a ridiculous price but hopefully it's worth it. I'm scared to think how much the Avatar 3D discs will be going for. It's really unfortunate these companies are hurting the very technology they're trying to promote by these money-grabbing tie-ins. At least I'll be playing Gran Turismo 5 in 3D without having to buy a new TV or pay an exorbitant price on ebay.

RealD CrystalEyes 5 would be my choice if you have $175 to spend.

I watch 3D on bright setting with deepfield imager on.

I watch regular stuff on natural with deepfield imager on or off just depending on how I feel.

Bright has made a huge difference in the 3d quality.

I have a Wd-65736 model,btw.
post #469 of 662
Thanks for mentioning them, those do look really nice. The price isn't too much of a concern since I'll probably only be buying one set of glasses. How is the weight/comfort of them? Have you owned the Optoma 101's to compare?

As far as the settings, do most people watch 3D on bright? I guess I wasn't expecting that much of a drop in brightness with dlp-link 3D glasses. Or is it just with these particular RealD glasses?
post #470 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post

Thanks for mentioning them, those do look really nice. The price isn't too much of a concern since I'll probably only be buying one set of glasses. How is the weight/comfort of them? Have you owned the Optoma 101's to compare?

As far as the settings, do most people watch 3D on bright? I guess I wasn't expecting that much of a drop in brightness with dlp-link 3D glasses. Or is it just with these particular RealD glasses?

I'm using the Mitsubishi 3dc-1000 kit glasses at the moment. The RealD glasses were $600 at the beginning of the year. RealD also sells Mitsubishi tv and glasses for professional use so I would expect them to look great.

I just like the picture set to bright because it really brings out the 3d for me because I can see more of the picture.

Everyone seems to like the Optomas except for the polarization rainbows it makes it the corners of the screen. It comes from the plastic of the screen and the angle at which polarization of the lenses are.

The viewsonics and the Optomas are the same glasses except the viewsonics can do both lenses left or right eye (this is good for split screen gaming so each player can get a full screen using side by side or top/bottom split screen) and the Optomas can switch there eyes with the push of a button so you don't have to go into the tv menu to change from normal or reverse. These are good if you have ir glasses like me because the can be synced in the same way as the ir glasses. Double check which pair does what, I might have gotten them backwards but that is the function of these. They are durable and comfortable as long as you treat them delicately.

All in all if I get dlp link glasses I am getting RealD glasses because they are the best but no one seems to have a pair to comment on them. The were $400 about a month or two ago. I would expect more dlp link glasses to come out and prices to drop as the 3d projectors start rolling out.

RealD glasses let in the most light but there is a drop in brightness no matter what glasses you use. If I wanted to watch something just for its picture quality I would just watch it in 2d. For 3d I want the most 3d experience and bright mode with deepfield imager really makes it pop. It's really strange that there is that much difference in depth based on brightness.
post #471 of 662
Ah, I didn't realize they were so expensive until recently. It'd be nice if there were some reviews but if not I'll just have to take the plunge.
post #472 of 662
Has there been a solution to the teal/green issue. Even when I watch regular HDTV it is distorting my picture. I have a mitsu 65c9 with the adaptor and a ps3....is there any work around???
post #473 of 662
I am also having this issue with my 2007 73833, the latest firmware , 9.03, doesn't resolve this issue. Has anyone else heard of the next firmware update for the 73833?
post #474 of 662
Deleted
post #475 of 662
Can't wait. My free 3d kit just arrived today too. Whoohooo Mits.
post #476 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily View Post

RealD CrystalEyes 5 would be my choice if you have $175 to spend.

I watch 3D on bright setting with deepfield imager on.

I watch regular stuff on natural with deepfield imager on or off just depending on how I feel.

Bright has made a huge difference in the 3d quality.

I have a Wd-65736 model,btw.


Where did you see these for sale? I can't seem to find where to buy them anywhere.

Thanks,
-Andy
post #477 of 662
I meant the RealD Crystal Eyes 5 glasses.
post #478 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily View Post

Wrong thread. This thread has to do with the dlp link being forced on for pre-2010 models.

Yes Sir! Removed as ordered........... Sir!

(Now you just need to remove your long quote of mine. )
post #479 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoopa View Post

I meant the RealD Crystal Eyes 5 glasses.

Check the reald website, under professional and products...but apparently out of stock for a few more weeks. Haven't seen them anywhere else.
post #480 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoopa View Post

Where did you see these for sale? I can't seem to find where to buy them anywhere.

Thanks,
-Andy

http://www.reald.com/Content/proProd...spx?pageID=128
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › 3D mode on my Mitsubishi DLP's