Originally Posted by jmpage2
Yes, I'm there with you. I do some gaming so low input lag is important to me. I have pre-ordered the 65VT30 with the expectation that at least a couple of reviews with some hard data will slip out before these start to ship.
However my expectation is that VT30 will have overall improved performance from VT25 with slightly lower power consumption and an improvement in the black level rise problem, perhaps it will only double this year from .003 to .006.
Here's what it will take for the VT30 to meet my expectations, given what we've already seen and heard:
(1) no significant new PQ regressions vs. VT25
(2) modestly better blacks and contrast ratio (new panel generation)
(3) incremental improvements on floating and rising blacks (LSI chipset + software)
(4) buzzing slightly improved (cosmetic sheet of glass in front)
(5) slightly reduced phosphor trails (claimed superior 3D performance)
That's not too much to ask, is it?