or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Boxee Box Anticipation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boxee Box Anticipation Thread - Page 107

post #3181 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by delavoie View Post

I use Witopia PPTP.
The reason i use them, is because I can run it on my d-link 655 so all my devices are on the vpn. I tried strongvpn but i was never able to get it to run on my router.
The reason i use it on my router is for my PS3, it allows me to get Netflix USA, and if i connect to a witopia UK server i can get Vidzone (music videos) on the PS3 also.

I have a 655 as well. I have never had much luck with VPN's for accessing this type of stuff. Also would this not effect my Xbox live gaming. I do enjoy the Boxee interface but feel Plex is a bit more polished (when it works lol)
post #3182 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post

It has been and continues to be available for the downloaded software version for PCs and Macs... nothing new there, sorry...

And no mention of Netflix on the Buy tab: http://www.boxee.tv/buy (aka Boxee Box)

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

That link is for building your own boxee. Not boxee box. However the screenshot looks different from shipping boxee, so maybe thats 1.0.

I noticed this myself...

There is only ~4.5 hours left people lets give it some time
post #3183 of 3635
It does affect your gaming alittle.. i'm hoping that boxee box will allow vpn connections, that way i'll be able to run it only on boxee. That way it wont affect my gaming on the PS3. Unless i want to use it for vidzone.
post #3184 of 3635
Not sure if this has been posted... looks like possibly a way to view the Boxee event... hey, it would be funny for those who have it already to watch on the Boxee



Nevermind.. I should pay attention to dates... removed...
post #3185 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyevin View Post

and no mention of netflix on that page...i think we're jumping the gun folks...

The very first page mentions Netflix and directly tells you that you can download the app for your PC or buy a Boxee Box. It says no matter how you choose to get a boxee...

Then talks about Netflix under the movies heading.



If it doesn't happen, there's going to be a riot of false advertising claims.
post #3186 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

Even more reason to believe that d-link/BB folks are reading these posts all the time...



post #3187 of 3635
Found on this page:

"No matter how you choose to get a Boxee, here’s what will make it special:

Movies
A massive rental library is available too – from Netflix’s Watch Instantly library to VUDU’s brand new Hollywood blockbusters to critically acclaimed and foreign films on MUBI. There’s something for everyone and for every budget."
post #3188 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Indeed



I noticed this myself...

There is only ~4.5 hours left people lets give it some time


Also, you can click on the icons for "TV Shows", "Watch Later", etc. and see an animation of the new interface.

Looks like there is some kind of browser plugin so that you can tag things to "Watch Later" from your browser and then queue them up once you're on Boxee again.
post #3189 of 3635
Hey I just went to amazon.com and my order said it was going to be delivered on the 12th all I did was change the shipping speed to 2 day then back to one day and now it says I should have it on the 11th
post #3190 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbooth View Post

Also, you can click on the icons for "TV Shows", "Watch Later", etc. and see an animation of the new interface.

Looks like there is some kind of browser plugin so that you can tag things to "Watch Later" from your browser and then queue them up once you're on Boxee again.

They have a feature like this on the Beta as well....So it has a new name, in the Beta you had an option to "add to queue". This would put the show\\movie into your visable queu on your home page so you could watch it later.
post #3191 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

That link is for building your own boxee. Not boxee box. However the screenshot looks different from shipping boxee, so maybe thats 1.0.

If you go to the "What the Heck?" tab. Under the movies heading it mentions watch anything from netflix to Vudu
post #3192 of 3635
Quote:


Looks like there is some kind of browser plugin so that you can tag things to "Watch Later" from your browser and then queue them up once you're on Boxee again.

Yes, formerly known as the Queue, it is now Watch Later.

The Boxee browser bookmarklet has been around for awhile: http://www.boxee.tv/bookmarklet/info -- videos from supported sites can be "sent" to your personal Watch Later queue.
post #3193 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post

It has been and continues to be available for the downloaded software version for PCs and Macs... nothing new there, sorry...

And no mention of Netflix on the Buy tab: http://www.boxee.tv/buy (aka Boxee Box)


I just realized it was for the PC version.
post #3194 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8M View Post


Any questions about the box? LMK.

Well a question about the menu picture - you have blanked out some info from the picture - what does it show there? Does it display your email or something silly like that?
post #3195 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbacklund View Post

The very first page mentions Netflix and directly tells you that you can download the app for your PC or buy a Boxee Box. It says no matter how you choose to get a boxee...

Then talks about Netflix under the movies heading.



If it doesn't happen, there's going to be a riot of false advertising claims.

you are correct - i scanned the first page and didn't see netflix listed under apps - hopefully this is all true!
post #3196 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by arswhat View Post

Well a question about the menu picture - you have blanked out some info from the picture - what does it show there? Does it display your email or something silly like that?

It displays the username of the person N8M is following. It could be blocked out for a number of reasons.
post #3197 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by arswhat View Post

you have blanked out some info from the picture - what does it show there? Does it display your email or something silly like that?

Shows your name like this:

post #3198 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post

Yes, formerly known as the Queue, it is now Watch Later.

The Boxee browser bookmarklet has been around for awhile: http://www.boxee.tv/bookmarklet/info -- videos from supported sites can be "sent" to your personal Watch Later queue.

i've had the bookmarklet on my chrome bookmarks bar for a while but haven't used it - i assume it works as advertised?
post #3199 of 3635
LOL. Site reverted back...
post #3200 of 3635
I was just surfing through and is kicked me back to the old site. Just me or did they slip the site out too early?
post #3201 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyevin View Post

i've had the bookmarklet on my chrome bookmarks bar for a while but haven't used it - i assume it works as advertised?

I use it all the time in Firefox and it works great (as long as you're on a site that it supports -- the list of sites is on the info page).
post #3202 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by james21 View Post

I was just surfing through and is kicked me back to the old site. Just me or did they slip the site out too early?

Im thinking it was released a little to early, or are changing a few things.....
post #3203 of 3635
probably clearing out netflix references, another oops?
post #3204 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post

Er. Right.

What I do know is that Boxee can (and does) control what Apps (that they manage directly) show up and when.

So does the "that they manage directly" mean that the user can install their own apps without the approval of Boxee?
post #3205 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by james21 View Post

I was just surfing through and is kicked me back to the old site. Just me or did they slip the site out too early?

Yeah, down for me too.. boo. I just tweeted about how I liked their use of the video tag too.
post #3206 of 3635
Quick question (and it may be too early to answer). I am planning on grabbing a BB from Best Buy (in the US) whenever they are available (I have enough RewardZone certs to pay for the while thing!) Does anyone know where in the store they will actually be located? My local stores seen to have some video players in the computer section, and some in the A/V section. Of course the 3 people that I spoke to in the store had no idea a what I was talking about when I asked where I might be able to find one when they are released. I plan on making daily trips until they are in stock, and just want to make sure I don't miss it.
Thanks!
post #3207 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by arswhat View Post

So does the "that they manage directly" mean that the user can install their own apps without the approval of Boxee?

There are a number of suer created apps, if you are willing to take that road. I would suggest taking a look at the Boxee forums.

I think Darci meant that the main "official" apps are managed directly by Boxee in house developers. I could be wrong though.
post #3208 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPS View Post

Quick question (and it may be too early to answer). I am planning on grabbing a BB from Best Buy (in the US) whenever they are available (I have enough RewardZone certs to pay for the while thing!) Does anyone know where in the store they will actually be located? My local stores seen to have some video players in the computer section, and some in the A/V section. Of course the 3 people that I spoke to in the store had no idea a what I was talking about when I asked where I might be able to find one when they are released. I plan on making daily trips until they are in stock, and just want to make sure I don't miss it.
Thanks!

I think ita a bit to early to tell, especially if they dont keep media players in teh same place. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the thread and the event tonight to get a better idea of the release date for B&M in the US. Then go to Best Buy and ask once they may have it in thier system as a sure thing. They may even put a placeholder early for it.
post #3209 of 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by arswhat View Post

So does the "that they manage directly" mean that the user can install their own apps without the approval of Boxee?

Yes, by using the Repositories that are not controlled by Boxee.

I have also created my own app that is only used locally.
post #3210 of 3635
whats with all this netflix talk? boxee has had a netflix app for a long time now. ive used it before.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Boxee Box Anticipation Thread