or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › 2010 ESPN 3D NCAA College Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2010 ESPN 3D NCAA College Football - Page 3

post #61 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by joels1010 View Post

It would be nice if we got better announcers for the broadcast, not sure why they cant use the regular announcers for the game.

I think they want to have announcers that can talk up the 3D aspect. Obviously they don't want their 2D announcers talking about 3D the whole time.
post #62 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by chille37 View Post

I think they want to have announcers that can talk up the 3D aspect. Obviously they don't want their 2D announcers talking about 3D the whole time.

That, and there are different camera angles so you would have 2D announcers potentially talking about something you aren't seeing (or can't see) at a given time.
post #63 of 238
But the two announcers they used were horrible, tim brown and that other douce sounded horrible.
post #64 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by joels1010 View Post

But the two announcers they used were horrible, tim brown and that other douce sounded horrible.

Joe Tessitore. You could always put the game on mute if it is that terrible for you.
post #65 of 238
I was very impressed with the 3D Broadcast of the Boise State / VTU Game as well. Is it just me or does anyone else see a lot of potential for Women's Bikini Volleyball in 3D?
post #66 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

I was very impressed with the 3D Broadcast of the Boise State / VTU Game as well. Is it just me or does anyone else see a lot of potential for Women's Bikini Volleyball in 3D?

I'm pretty sure it's on my Panasonic demo disc.
post #67 of 238
I always loved women's beach volleyball. 3D would be great. Just think of your perspective on the bounce in slo-mo, the ball bounce that is.


As I always say, 3D does not make a bad program good, but it makes a good program better!!
post #68 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRed View Post

I've been reading about some of the problems some of you were having during the game and I really hate that.

My experience was great! Except for a couple times when they had some focus issues, I had NO problems. I didn't have any ghosting or flicker issues at all.

I was real skeptical about this whole 3D thing before I even seen it. Now, after watching the game and what little content is out there, I can't watch regular 2d TV the same. It seems like everything is sub-par to 3D! I am loving it...

Actually the only time I noticed ghosting was on the announcers, their hands especially. If you recorded it go back and re-vist if you care to.

Glad you enjoyed the game in 3D.

So far there is not a 3D TV that doesn't emit ghosting, some more than others.

When faster active shutter glasses become available (4th quarter of this year) ghosting should be minimal.
post #69 of 238
Maybe I'm just misremembering, but today's game seems to have a little better detail than Monday's.
post #70 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but today's game seems to have a little better detail than Monday's.

I've only been watching a little bit off and on, and I don't know about more detail, but at least that awful flicker appears to be gone.
post #71 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but today's game seems to have a little better detail than Monday's.

I think its the better lighting conditions. I also checked just to make sure it was still 720p.
post #72 of 238
I'm not sure sure what it is about ESPN3D but it makes my eyes really hurt. I can only watch for 5 or so minutes and have to take the glasses off. Blu-ray 3D I can watch for hours without an issue.

Still seeing a lot of ghosting with the Ohio St/ Miami game. Less than last weeks. The announcers hands still look terrible. Maybe its because I'm watching during the day and not at night when its completely dark in the room. Got to replay the game tonight and check it out.
post #73 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I'm not sure sure what it is about ESPN3D but it makes my eyes really hurt. I can only watch for 5 or so minutes and have to take the glasses off. Blu-ray 3D I can watch for hours without an issue.

Still seeing a lot of ghosting with the Ohio St/ Miami game. Less than last weeks. The announcers hands still look terrible. Maybe its because I'm watching during the day and not at night when its completely dark in the room. Got to replay the game tonight and check it out.

I don't see the ghosting much (if at all). My room isn't dark, but it isn't bright either.
post #74 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I'm not sure sure what it is about ESPN3D but it makes my eyes really hurt. I can only watch for 5 or so minutes and have to take the glasses off. Blu-ray 3D I can watch for hours without an issue.

Still seeing a lot of ghosting with the Ohio St/ Miami game. Less than last weeks. The announcers hands still look terrible. Maybe its because I'm watching during the day and not at night when its completely dark in the room. Got to replay the game tonight and check it out.

What TV do you have? I haven't noticed any ghosting on mine.
post #75 of 238
Samsung PN63C8000
post #76 of 238
I was hoping to compare today's game to Monday night's game but I was out today and my Directv DVR didn't record any of the 3D programs that I had scheduled today including the game.
post #77 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix1973 View Post

I was hoping to compare today's game to Monday night's game but I was out today and my Directv DVR didn't record any of the 3D programs that I had scheduled today including the game.

I would keep an eye out through the rest of the weekend since it is demo weekend. They may replay it.
post #78 of 238
I think the crew did a much better job with the Miami/Ohio State game than the Boise/VT game. The 3D angles looked amazing, it makes it feel like you are the camera man on the field and sideline.
post #79 of 238
I only got to watch a little of the Miami/Ohio game (Mtis 65737) and thought it looked pretty good everall. I didn't see any ghosting or flicker (excpet when I turned my head enough that the light from the picture window hit the very edge of my glasses).

It seemed to me that camera at about mid-field was very flat. Otherwise pretty good. I think the big problem with 3D football is still too much camera movement to follow the action...your eyes (and/or the camera) don't have time to adjust to the 3D. I think they are going to need to use some wider, more staionary shots.

And I thought the couple of commercials I saw were pretty good..."this is football in 3D" and the one with baseball bat were VERY entertaining.
post #80 of 238
does anyone know if espn plans to use 3d with monday night football for any upcoming games?
post #81 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonj View Post

does anyone know if espn plans to use 3d with monday night football for any upcoming games?

No they aren't doing any NFL games in 3-d.

http://espn.go.com/3d/schedule.html
post #82 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

I think its the better lighting conditions. I also checked just to make sure it was still 720p.

I agree, and it was even raining. If the sun would have been shining bright it probably would have been even better.
post #83 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Someone report back if 3D does anything at all for football?

Yes it does give you a head ache after 2 1/2 hours of watching. Very disappointed but then again this is the first generation of 3d TV
post #84 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 View Post

I think its the better lighting conditions. I also checked just to make sure it was still 720p.

Unfortunately, it is 1/2 of 720p--NOT HD. That is why it fails to achieve the potential of 3D sports.
post #85 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

Yes it does give you a head ache after 2 1/2 hours of watching. Very disappointed but then again this is the first generation of 3d TV

Doesn't give everyone a headache. I think it looks great, and wish more games were in 3D.
post #86 of 238
Looks like espn isnt going to have anymore games on this year,,,O well..just wait for avatar...Lol....Thats it espn is done i guess as the scheule is ended...Bummer
post #87 of 238
What? There are games scheduled for every Saturday.
post #88 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

Looks like espn isnt going to have anymore games on this year,,,O well..just wait for avatar...Lol....Thats it espn is done i guess as the scheule is ended...Bummer

Why would you even say that?
They launched an entire channel and you think after a few events its over?
They have NCAA football every weekend and will have NBA, and college basketball in it, oh and the winter x games.
post #89 of 238
ESPN has announced South Carolina at Auburn for next weekend. Looks like two weekends in a row I am going to pass on 3D college football.
post #90 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

ESPN has announced South Carolina at Auburn for next weekend. Looks like two weekends in a row I am going to pass on 3D college football.

But, the SEC is the best college conference!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › 2010 ESPN 3D NCAA College Football