or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV7005
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marantz AV7005 - Page 3

post #61 of 9615
Quote:


Thanks for the link, but the information in that seems rather suspect. Like how's it have 750W power consumption as a Pre-amp? [Edit, I see other people beat me to this observation]

It has 7.2 balanced outputs & has 11.2 multichannel pre-out, but is only sold as 7.1ch AV Pre-amplifier? There's also no mention of how many channels it can simultaneously output. Can it do 9.1 or 11.1, or is it just 7.1 with 2 identical sub outputs?

Also very interested to know this. If it does 11.2 with XT 32 that puts it alongside the 4311 which has been rumored to deliver 11.X as well.

Also asked him this question and he hesitated a bit, but believed that it does do 11.2. time will tell.
post #62 of 9615
Yeah, that little blurp on Audioholics also mentions Height AND Width operation, though rather ambiguously.

here it is again: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/p...ier-first-look

It'd be a shame to offer all of this for $1499 and NOT have XT 32.

Finally, we see glorified AVRs WITHOUT amp sections and balanced outputs appropriately priced. Read: cheaper.

James
post #63 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Also very interested to know this. If it does 11.2 with XT 32 that puts it alongside the 4311 which has been rumored to deliver 11.X as well.

James

I was looking at some press releases about the 4311 and it does not mention that it will have XT32 same for the AV7005. I would think that at least that the 4811 would have XT32 as the Onkyo 3008 and 5008 will have it. I would hope the AV7005 would have XT32 but at $1500.00 I tend to doubt it.

Bill
post #64 of 9615
Most are inclined to believe the 4311 WILL have XT 32....especially seeing that most seem to agree that it's essentially the "non-100th anniversary version" of this: http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messag...81/647474.html

It was announced in the press release 2 months ago that it (4311) would have" "the latest in Audyssey room-correcting technology" which of course upon its release, will be MultEq XT 32.

Further, it's appearing that there will be no "4811" and the 4810 will kind of "float on" like the 3808 did for 3 years. One gentleman went as far as to call Denon regarding a replacement model and was (against protocol, I'm sure) told flatly that: "there were no plans for a 4811".

I'm still betting that XT 32 will be offered as a paid update for the 4810...opinions differ as to whether a hardware upgrade is needed. I've read posts asserting to either from some pretty heavy hitters.

time will tell.

James
post #65 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Most are inclined to believe the 4311 WILL have XT 32....especially seeing that most seem to agree that it's essentially the "non-100th anniversary version of this: http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messag...81/647474.html

It was announced in the press release 2 months ago that it (4311) would have" "the latest in Audyssey room-correcting technology" which of course upon its release, will be MultEq XT 32.

Further, it's appearing that there will be no "4811" and the 4810 will kind of "float on" like the 3808 did for 3 years. One gentleman went as far as to call Denon regarding a replacement model and was (against protocol, I'm sure) told flatly that: "there were no plans for a 4811".

I'm still betting that XT 32 will be offered as a paid update for the 4810...opinions differ as to whether a hardware upgrade is needed. I've read posts asserting to either from some pretty heavy hitters.

time will tell.

James

James,

I hope you are right. But if the lowest cost Denon being the 4311 at $1999.00 is the entry level unit with XT32 then I would doubt the AV7500 would have it. The SR7005 does not show XT32 on the product page so I would think the AV7005 would not have it either.

Thanks for pointing out that Denon has no plans for a 4811. Now I know not to reference that model number anymore.

Bill
post #66 of 9615
^ Yes Bill, I tend to AGREE with you that the AV7005 will NOT have XT 32. I didn't mean to infer otherwise. Like I said, it'll be a shame to pack it full of all of that goodness, and not include 32.

That said, while the possibility of 11.X on a PRE/PRO is great, it's important for guys like me to keep in mind that comes with a TON more external amp responsibilities now. And while I have an external 7 channel with a 6/12 channel Niles for multi-zone duty, I have to say that the ability to use (4) channels of the 4311 AVR for H and W duty (at least temporarily) is also a plus over a standalone PRE/PRO.

And although I realize most in the market for a PRE/PRO have already considered this, perhaps a unit at this price point makes additional amps both that much easier to purchase, AND simultaneously more dangerous for some consumers, as many may forget/not consider closely enough that the attractive $1499 tag ALSO comes without the 9-15 channels of amplification they made need for a complex HT and/or multi-zone use.

Sigh, sorry for the last paragraph, that was mostly internal ire.

James
post #67 of 9615
Hello,
With the Denon AVR-4311 offering a Preamp Only Mode where the Internal Amplifiers are shut down, if the AV7005 does not offer XT 32, it will be a tough decision over which to get. I would probably go with the Denon.
Cheers,
AD
post #68 of 9615
I agree that the 4311 might be a better choice for a prepro over the AV7005 especially when considering XT32. I would be curious as to what the full benefits of XT32 would be in my room over XT in my 886. The other question I have is will the AV7005 have a better analog stage over that of the 4311? Or will both the 4311 and the AV7005 have similar internals? I guess we will have to wait till both these units are released.

Bill
post #69 of 9615
Hello,
I would also guess that the 7005 is going to be tough to find given its pricepoint much like the DTC-9.8/PR-SC885 were. And this Model is even cheaper than the 9.8 was upon release.

I grew so impatient of tracking down a 9.8 when it was released that I gave up and purchased a TX-SR875 instead.

I really think the 4311 offering the option of turning off the Amplifiers is a big plus and truly has me thinking about returning the TX-NR3007 I recently purchased. If memory serves, the AVR-4800 offered this option as well. I used to own one and I am almost positive it did.
Cheers,
AD
post #70 of 9615
Not having XT 32 is a deal breaker for me. As I understand, it requires beefier processing power, so it's not likely that something as close to completion as the 7005 pre-pro is reported to be will have it. I'm hoping that spring brings an 8005, or something like that which is close to the original price of the 8002 and similar performance. That would be worth waiting for.
post #71 of 9615
What does XT32 bring to the table anyhow?
post #72 of 9615
I'm wondering the same thing. Is it that much better than the XT? I am thinking about the 6005 and would like to know what the big difference is.
post #73 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
What does XT32 bring to the table anyhow?
Read here:

 

Audyssey_MultEQ_XT32.pdf 490.287109375k . file
post #74 of 9615
Given that the only product with XT32 at this point is the Denon 4311, and they just announced shipping on it yesterday, no one can say how much of a benefit XT32 offers compared to standard XT at this point. It might be a major improvement, or it might be a minor improvement, or it might totally depend on the environment and some people will get a large benefit and some will not. I can't label the lack of a feature that no one has had a chance to test as a deal-breaker myself, since I have no idea what benefits it might offer in my situation.
post #75 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackrabbit View Post

Given that the only product with XT32 at this point is the Denon 4311, and they just announced shipping on it yesterday, no one can say how much of a benefit XT32 offers compared to standard XT at this point. It might be a major improvement, or it might be a minor improvement, or it might totally depend on the environment and some people will get a large benefit and some will not. I can't label the lack of a feature that no one has had a chance to test as a deal-breaker myself, since I have no idea what benefits it might offer in my situation.

^^ I second that. Plus, it can do Pro.
post #76 of 9615
I have a very tough room for bass. I'm looking for any improvement I can get my hands on. That's why I want to wait, to at least see some reviews of XT32. If it's little better than hype, then I will think seriously about the 7005. I'm sure it will still be available in 2011.
post #77 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

I have a very tough room for bass. I'm looking for any improvement I can get my hands on. That's why I want to wait, to at least see some reviews of XT32. If it's little better than hype, then I will think seriously about the 7005. I'm sure it will still be available in 2011.

Have you thought about bass traps?
post #78 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

I have a very tough room for bass. I'm looking for any improvement I can get my hands on. That's why I want to wait, to at least see some reviews of XT32. If it's little better than hype, then I will think seriously about the 7005. I'm sure it will still be available in 2011.

I can not see how XT32 is meaningful to fixing a tough room for bass? No amount of EQing can fix possible nulls.

Why not just get a DEQ2496 if that is really the case. It has far greater potential then anything audyssey will throw at your bass problem.

Truely your solution resides with bass traps and more subs but that isnt always a viable option.
post #79 of 9615
Obviously (or so one would think) it's (XT 32) not puported to be a comprehensive solution to a room completely unconducive to accurate bass reproduction, or, for that matter, any other range of the audible spectrum.

It's positioned as a betterment upon an existing technology, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone expecting it to re-invent the wheel or substitute sensible speaker placement and/or room treatments is in way over their head from the jump.

That said, it is completely reasonable to assume that it will provide for improved sonics, especially those a bit more down under, and as some have already asserted. And any level of assistance in this regard should be welcomed with open arms, not quasi-chastised for its inability to move mountains (nearly literally in some rooms).

You can count on its level of effectiveness being completely relative to both the user and about a million other factors.


James
post #80 of 9615
Thanks for the advice. I'm aware that my best option is to move.
post #81 of 9615
I really don't see an AV8005 coming out. I think there is a market for a pre-amp/processor, but I'm not sure if there is one for a $1500 AV7xxx model and then another one for a $2500 AV8xxxx model. To me it seems that Marantz wants to compete with the Integra models and thus lowered the price. Hopefully that won't have a negative effect on the sound quality, since the Marantz AV8003 is head and shoulders above the Integra in that aspect.

I will most certainly upgrade to the AV7005 if it sounds similar to the AV8003. Maybe that will be my final processor for the next few years...
post #82 of 9615
^ I'd love to see you pick out one from the other in an ABX, both with a direct signal.

James
post #83 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Warp, You going to buy it? Im thinking about it!


Def thinking about it, the only thing that was holding me back on it was the lack XT32 implementation here. The plus's here is that I am in no hurry whatsoever, my pioneer receiver is working just fine for everything I need, which truly isn't much for the bedroom, and that it won't be out til Nov from what has been stated here which should give plenty of time to get the feedback from others here about how XT32 does in the real world....
post #84 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

I really don't see an AV8005 coming out. I think there is a market for a pre-amp/processor, but I'm not sure if there is one for a $1500 AV7xxx model and then another one for a $2500 AV8xxxx model. To me it seems that Marantz wants to compete with the Integra models and thus lowered the price. Hopefully that won't have a negative effect on the sound quality, since the Marantz AV8003 is head and shoulders above the Integra in that aspect.

I will most certainly upgrade to the AV7005 if it sounds similar to the AV8003. Maybe that will be my final processor for the next few years...

Why wouldn't Marantz's top pre-pro contain the best technology? I don't believe that the 7005 will, so that's why I'm holding out hope for something new in the spring.
post #85 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

Why wouldn't Marantz's top pre-pro contain the best technology?

Well, the 8003 didn't.

Quote:


I don't believe that the 7005 will, so that's why I'm holding out hope for something new in the spring.

The 7005 is a remarkable value (on paper) and is much more advanced technologically than the 8003.
post #86 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Well, the 8003 didn't.

The 7005 is a remarkable value (on paper) and is much more advanced technologically than the 8003.


I agree 100%, even if it doesn't have XT32 - I'll still likely upgrade to this knowing you can add Audyssey Pro to the upgraded XT platform from the 8003's lacking.

For those looking to go 7 channel it def a plus with more processing power. Almost seems a waste for me for my 5.1 setup, but it will still come in cheaper then the 8003.
post #87 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

Why wouldn't Marantz's top pre-pro contain the best technology? I don't believe that the 7005 will, so that's why I'm holding out hope for something new in the spring.

Because there's a cut-off at some point for that technology relative to price and market. I'm sure if you gave Marantz an unlimited design budget, and it didn't matter if they sold a single unit, they could do a fully balanced, 12 channel design with the best scalers, room correction, DAC's, A/D converters and everything else that money could buy. I am also sure that it would be priced beyond what the market would bear.

The AV7005 looks to be a really well designed unit that might cut some features (DSD, XLR inputs) that some people want, but I imagine the number of people that wanted them, relative to the cost increase of actually adding them made them expendable.

That said, I thought the AV8003 sounded fantastic when I had it, and I wish I hadn't have let it go after I had it in to review, and so I'm hoping the AV7005 sounds as good, with the added features.
post #88 of 9615
According to the spec sheet linked in post #37, the AV7005 weighs 13kg (28.6 lbs).

According to it's manual, the receiver version, SR7005 also weighs 13kg (28.6 lbs).

I suppose this could be a misprint, but could the circuitry required for the balanced outputs possibly weigh the same as the entire 7 channel amp section of the reciever? What is the likelihood they added some shielding to the chassis or something else internally to the pre/pro to bump the weight back up?
post #89 of 9615
And, as has been mentioned, the power consumption is listed as 750 watts.

I wonder what else is incorrect?
post #90 of 9615
Hello,
The AV7005 truly is what the AV8003 should have been in respect to having the latest features at Release. Only having 4 HDMI Inputs was a major issue to me in respect to its price. I really do feel bad for AV8003 Owners as I really think the Resale Value is going to take a major hit and the AV7005 is going to be a huge success.
Cheers,
AD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV7005