or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV7005
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marantz AV7005 - Page 291

post #8701 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

Oops, i guess it is a 3 year warranty actually so you still have a lot of time.
http://us.marantz.com/us/Support/Pages/Warranty.aspx

And if purchased with a credit card, the credit card provider may add a 4th year of warranty as well (Amex will do this for sure).
post #8702 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5 View Post

I did the latest update and everything went fine so far.
Any changelog for this update?

Firmware Update Changelog - October 30, 2012

1) IR command addition to AV receiver.
2) When turn on the "Pure-direct" by the RDS broadcast of FM, the display is flickering.
3) No access to last.fm service.
4) Misbehavior of storing Internet Radio station in preset B2 if it is done via the web interface.
5) Problems when controlling by WEB GUI_II
post #8703 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

okay thanks. I have a newer Denon receiver (AVR-2112CI) and was curious whether the AV7005 updates automatically in the same manner (of course once the etherNET port is connected).

Yes. Denon and Marantz networking models both update in the same fashion.
post #8704 of 9615
Okay, I got my money together and am pulling the trigger on an av7005. Any suggestions as to where to purchase? I see it for 1175 on eBay, and 1199 in many places: Amazon, Crutchfield, Outlaw, Audioholics.... many have free shipping...
post #8705 of 9615
Authorized buyer only! That could possibly save you headaches later. It looks like $1,199 is the normal price right now for a non refurbished unit from authorized dealers. If Amazon was the actual seller I'd buy from them but right now they just have 3rd party sellers. Just get it from a place that doesn't have tax for you, Crutchfield could be a good one to go through.
post #8706 of 9615
I would still be inclined to phone AVScience and see if they have any. I bought from them over a year ago for cheaper than amazon today. Not everything they have is on the website.

Norm
post #8707 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked! View Post

I would still be inclined to phone AVScience and see if they have any. I bought from them over a year ago for cheaper than amazon today. Not everything they have is on the website.
Norm

Are they an authorized dealer? How does the manufacturer's warranty work through them?
post #8708 of 9615
^^^

yes, they are...

same as it would no matter where you bought it... either a local authorized repair center or send it to the mothership...
post #8709 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

Authorized buyer only! That could possibly save you headaches later. It looks like $1,199 is the normal price right now for a non refurbished unit from authorized dealers. If Amazon was the actual seller I'd buy from them but right now they just have 3rd party sellers. Just get it from a place that doesn't have tax for you, Crutchfield could be a good one to go through.

As it goes ... the primary seller on Amazon is OneCall which is also an authorized Marantz dealer. smile.gif
post #8710 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

As it goes ... the primary seller on Amazon is OneCall which is also an authorized Marantz dealer. smile.gif

Yeah, I noticed that but if it's not sold by Amazon, I usually don't buy on Amazon. Personal preference I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^
yes, they are...
same as it would no matter where you bought it... either a local authorized repair center or send it to the mothership...

Where are they listed as an authorized dealer on Marantz's website? I must be looking in the wrong place.
post #8711 of 9615
^^^

dunno, didn't look... you can contact avs and ask them directly...

i have bought more than a few items from them, and they are very good... they completely handled a warantee issue with a da-lite screen i bought from them, i did not have to get involved at all... sent mike pictures, and 10 days later, a brand new screen showed up at my front door...

i have a "local guy" that i have a long standing very honest relationship with... if he is a dealer for something i am looking for, i give him first shot, and if he feels he can make a profit at a reasonably higher price than i can get from someone like avs, he gets my money... if he doesn't, he tells me, then someone else gets my business, and there is no hard feelings on either side...

i don't mind paying "more" to buy locally, the shop owner has to make a living too... i also learned a long time ago that "the cheapest price doesn't mean it's the best deal"... i won't buy something on-line/by-phone simply to save money unless i trust the actual seller...

one man's opinion/digression... ymmv
post #8712 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

Where are they listed as an authorized dealer on Marantz's website? I must be looking in the wrong place.

Denon and Marantz have two sets of authorized dealer listings ... an on-line dealer listing (which you're likely looking at) and a B&M dealer listing (linked below). You'll find AV Science listed under the New York dealers in the B&M listing.

http://us.marantz.com/us/Dealer/Pages/DealerListing.aspx


post #8713 of 9615
called AVS and they were out, tried to sell me a Denon for 1500. Went eventually with Crutchfield mostly for the free shipping, no tax and 60 return policy. downloaded the guide and manual from Outlaw and I will have it in 6 days. Nize. thanks for all the input.

After reading the manual, I have a few random questions and have been advised that the REAL experts are on this forum.

1. If I am running 5.1, can I take advantage fo Audyssey speaker calibration and equalization (the XT thing with the microphone)

2. If I have a typical home network with modem, router and wireless (Comcast and I plan to be wired in to the LAN) do I have DHCP which automatically configures the network?

3. does anyone remember the Marantz av550? That is what I am upgrading from and sheesh, there is a lot of material in the Outlaw guide and manual- it seems like it would take an entire day to configure- can Ieave most settings on auto to get started and configure as I go along?

thanks everyone. It arrives next thursday....
Edited by tedcousens - 11/2/12 at 7:57am
post #8714 of 9615
I didn't have a chance to call Marantz this week (dealing with getting a replacement projector from Epson instead). But I thought that maybe the Oct. 30 firmware update might fix the endless updating loop I was stuck in, so I gave it another shot. I was wrong. It is again stuck in the loop where it says "Ether SBL xXXmin - Updating", then resets itself, and starts again. After several attempts, it finally reaches the point where it says "Ether SBL 07min - Updating fail B4". Must unplug power to reset.

I did notice that before it reached this state, it processed a couple of other updates include a ROM update. But when it reaches Ether SBL, it dies.

Other than resetting the processor again and losing all my settings (and of course the update itself), does anyone else have any suggestions?

Can't say my new $1200 Marantz is blowing my skirt up right now...
post #8715 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcamp View Post

Can't say my new $1200 Marantz is blowing my skirt up right now...

So not that good eh!
post #8716 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

So not that good eh!

Other than this update issue, I am fairly pleased. It's just that at this price, I expect better. Hopefully a solution will be found.
post #8717 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post

called AVS and they were out, tried to sell me a Denon for 1500. Went eventually with Crutchfield mostly for the free shipping, no tax and 60 return policy. downloaded the guide and manual from Outlaw and I will have it in 6 days. Nize. thanks for all the input.
After reading the manual, I have a few random questions and have been advised that the REAL experts are on this forum.
1. If I am running 5.1, can I take advantage fo Audyssey speaker calibration and equalization (the XT thing with the microphone)
2. If I have a typical home network with modem, router and wireless (Comcast and I plan to be wired in to the LAN) do I have DHCP which automatically configures the network?
3. does anyone remember the Marantz av550? That is what I am upgrading from and sheesh, there is a lot of material in the Outlaw guide and manual- it seems like it would take an entire day to configure- can Ieave most settings on auto to get started and configure as I go along?
thanks everyone. It arrives next thursday....

1. Yes. Audyssey works with as little as a stereo 2.0 setup.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
post #8718 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

1. Yes. Audyssey works with as little as a stereo 2.0 setup.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Okay!

How important is the firmware update, that seems to be glitchy. What is the purpose of it anyway?
post #8719 of 9615
Haven't checked in here in a while, so forgive me if this question has been covered. When using my AV7005 with my DirecTV HR20 DVR, I occasionally get a static like hiss/click with dialogue and dynamic passages. Anyone else get this?

Updating the new 10/30 firmware now and here's hoping.
post #8720 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post

Okay!
How important is the firmware update, that seems to be glitchy. What is the purpose of it anyway?

Unless you are experiencing any of the problems noted in the changelog I posted, you likely don't need to do the update.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1266725/marantz-av7005/8700_100#post_22545935
post #8721 of 9615
What is the response from Marantz regarding the difficulties with the update?
post #8722 of 9615
Not aware of any issue as most posters who updated noted no issue, rather soulcamp seems to be the only one with the issue.
post #8723 of 9615
Good info! I will attempt!
post #8724 of 9615
I had no problem with the update.
post #8725 of 9615
Has anyone had experience with the RX101 wireless reciever? I wouldn't mind playing music from my phone....
post #8726 of 9615
Bluetooth devices are generally limited to about 30' from the receiver; however, If you install the FREE Airplay upgrade (contact Marantz), there are both iphone and android smart apps to use Airplay to stream to the 7005 which can then be used anywhere in the house that has access to your WiFi network.
post #8727 of 9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Bluetooth devices are generally limited to about 30' from the receiver; however, If you install the FREE Airplay upgrade (contact Marantz), there are both iphone and android smart apps to use Airplay to stream to the 7005 which can then be used anywhere in the house that has access to your WiFi network.

I spoke with a tech at Crutchfield (my first mistake) and they reported that Airplay is Apple products only so what I am wondering is how to find the Android app and how do they configure. I am coming from an aniquated processor so this is all new to me. Can you describe the process in more detail. The tech did nothing but confuse me. Thanks.
post #8728 of 9615
Depending on what audio you want to stream to the 7005, there are numerous Android apps that will allow you to use DLNA (via WiFi network) or Airplay to stream the audio to the 7005.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/features/1536216/best_airplay_apps_for_android.html
post #8729 of 9615
thank you for the link, very educational.
post #8730 of 9615
I know this is a stupid question but I still want to ask. Nothing shown in the recently posted change log seems to affect what I use the AVR for so would I be better off not to update the FW?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV7005