Originally Posted by oOo_Krav_oOo
since I've never bought an item like this and I don't have any speakers yet...
Is it wise to buy the A2000 for future proofing reasons or foolish to buy the A2000 when I don't and won't have all my 7.1 main room speakers and outdoor speakers anytime soon, possibly the next 6 months to a year.
Well, it's your call of course. You can add speakers at any time, but the nature of technology is that obsolescence is almost immediate. If you wait too long, you'll find that everything has changed. A year or two from now, HDMI may be replaced by some form of ethernet, or we may be seeing UHD (4320p), requiring a different standard (and a fatter pipe) altogether. Who knows?
OTOH, if you wait a year, the RX-A2000 will most likely be selling in the 3 digit price range.
I always struggle with this, and I find there's no easy answer, and at some point you just have to pull the trigger already.