Originally Posted by Cravit8
That's a tough call. Do you get to see it and turn it on. My work got a B-stock Yammie AVR for the conference room. It looked perfect to me...until a power surge took it out with the projector
It will have a 1.5 year warranty which seems decent.
Frankly, wisdom says to get the HDMI switch and wait another 9 months for crazy good deals, although I can really imagine the previous Aventage series hitting some sales in early summer or even sooner.
I'm sure the power surge would've taken it out regardless of whether it was A-Stock or B-Stock. I'm assuming it worked fine before that?
As for waiting, I'm impatient!! LOL
I took the plunge and bought one from a respectable supplier who had it at a fairly decent price...$250 less than the other current lowest price and $500+ less than the current average going rate. Will it go down in price later in the year? Sure, undoubtedly it will...but I don't know whether it will go down THAT much less than what I got if for considering the lowest price listed to date was back in November of last year for $700. Considering it's a last year's model and is discontinued, I'd like to think there aren't many new models left and their supply will be even less leaving only the refurbished products available when that next big price cut does happen. This is what I keep telling myself, anyway!
Looking at the feedback from the supplier I'm sure I'm in good hands. And, like you said, there's still that manufacturer warranty as well as the 3 month warranty from the supplier's 100% satisfaction guarantee...hopefully I won't have to use either one. Further investigation of Yamaha's definition of "B-Stock" means that the product was never sold to a consumer and is directly from the manufacturer inventory...when they say "refurbished" as possibly being the reason, they mean that there was possibly a defect in the manufacturing process and required refurbishing and an immediate tag of "B-Stock".
I'm actually very excited and can't wait to get it! I should have it by the end of the week (hopefully) and already have a buyer lined up for my RX-V2500 which I was able to get even more for now than I would if I waited.
I was actually wanting the RX-A3000, but from everything I've read, the only difference is an extra Zone which I would never use and an extra 10wpc which is negligible to say the least...oh, and the $400-$500+ extra it would've cost me to buy it used.