or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 268

post #8011 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

So this just shows me again this is a directv firmware problem. But they won't do anything so I'm lost for what to do except maybe go buy a new receiver which I do want to some time.

Hi buggs1a, appear to be a cable box issue. If you haven't, try resetting the cable box and/or a different HDMI cable (between cable box and receiver).
post #8012 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post


Hi buggs1a, appear to be a cable box issue. If you haven't, try resetting the cable box and/or a different HDMI cable (between cable box and receiver).

Hi.
Ya, I think this is a directv firmware issue. This issue has happened (only when directv pushed new firmware to the dvr). I can try a different hdmi cable and will. I don't see how that will do anything because the issue is from directv firmware. My opinion that is.
post #8013 of 8763
This may or may not work, but you can give it a try. When you force a software update with the directv boxes they will either download the most current firmware or the previous version. Most cases you get the newest firmware, but on more than one occasion forcing an update has caused my box to download old firmware.
post #8014 of 8763
You can always try the easy way out and switch to component.
post #8015 of 8763
And I notice the center ring light is back on for mine so dtv must have had another update while I was sleeping. Sheesh.
post #8016 of 8763
Anyone know how to control the A3000's output resolution? No matter what I set, it seems to always push out 480p to my new Panasonic VT50 Plasma. I set the video processing output to 1080p, and my connected Blu-Ray player is outputting 1080p just fine through the receiver, but whenever I am in the GUI with no input (and one of the provided graphics in the background) it's always 480p- anyway to force it to 1080p? I could have sworn I had it set to 1080p at one point in time...
post #8017 of 8763
The GUI is always rendered at 480p even when overlaid over higher resolution video. When there's is no video source to overlay the receiver just uses its 480p wallpaper instead, so the output is 480p. There's no way to change this as far as I know. There really should be any need to.
post #8018 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post

Anyone know how to control the A3000's output resolution? No matter what I set, it seems to always push out 480p to my new Panasonic VT50 Plasma. I set the video processing output to 1080p, and my connected Blu-Ray player is outputting 1080p just fine through the receiver, but whenever I am in the GUI with no input (and one of the provided graphics in the background) it's always 480p- anyway to force it to 1080p? I could have sworn I had it set to 1080p at one point in time...

I had no idea the res could be set higher 480. Interesting if that is true.
post #8019 of 8763
I connected our Integra DTR-40.3 and no problem. Well, not yet anyway.
I'm connecting my Yamaha where the integra was.

Edit.....

Connected my Yamaha upstairs and still have the problem. So I'm going to sell it and upgrade to a newer better receiver.
post #8020 of 8763
I don't know what DirecTv did with the firmware, but it damaged the handshake between the Yamaha and their receiver.

Here is what worked for my A2000 and DirecTv HDVR.
On the Yamaha, go to On Screen/Setup/Video/Processing/On.
Set Resolution to Auto.
Set Aspect to Through.
Adjustment can be anything.

DirecTv video can be set to Native or Off.
If set to Native the TV does the conversion.
Off the DirecTv box does the conversion.

Personally, I preferred to have the Yamaha do the conversion, but that will have to wait until DirecTv changes their firmware.
post #8021 of 8763
Hi this question is for the pros. I'm hooking up some JBL Control 28T speakers to be an outdoor zone with my RX-A3000 and am wondering to what tap should I set the "Transformer" on the back of the speaker. It's a direct speaker wire run to the RX-A3000. More info on speaker taps here: http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/genera...?PId=186&MId=2

thanks
post #8022 of 8763
I don't believe it's a good idea to hook up a 70V/100V distrubuted-line speaker to normal AV receiver directly. You'll either need to use a power amp designed to drive such speakers or a 70V/100V step up transformer.

You might also be able to somehow bypass the step down transformer built into the speakers.
post #8023 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixitlater View Post

I don't know what DirecTv did with the firmware, but it damaged the handshake between the Yamaha and their receiver.

Here is what worked for my A2000 and DirecTv HDVR.
On the Yamaha, go to On Screen/Setup/Video/Processing/On.
Set Resolution to Auto.
Set Aspect to Through.
Adjustment can be anything.

DirecTv video can be set to Native or Off.
If set to Native the TV does the conversion.
Off the DirecTv box does the conversion.

Personally, I preferred to have the Yamaha do the conversion, but that will have to wait until DirecTv changes their firmware.

I'm also experiencing these handshake issues on my 2010. The settings you list is how I have had it set since December but still having issues every time I change the channel. I have the HR22/100 box.
post #8024 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGHUNTER View Post

I'm also experiencing these handshake issues on my 2010. The settings you list is how I have had it set since December but still having issues every time I change the channel. I have the HR22/100 box.

We're just going to have to wait until dtv gets off their ass.
post #8025 of 8763
Maghunter

I have HR21/100 receiver, but should be same settings.

I can only think of one other test to see if the TV and DirecTv are talking to each other.

Set the On Screen/Setup/HDMI/Standby Through to ON.

Then turn off the Yamaha. You should have a picture.
post #8026 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post


We're just going to have to wait until dtv gets off their ass.

Except directv says its not their problem.
post #8027 of 8763
Since directv won't do anything I sold my A3000 today. Now I need a good upgrade. Hmm.
post #8028 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

Since directv won't do anything I sold my A3000 today. Now I need a good upgrade. Hmm.

Denon 4311
post #8029 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post


Denon 4311

Why that one? How's the GUI?
AirPlay? New or old avr?
I like the a3000 but got bored and then the directv issue. I'm not sure of the denon 4311 being at best buy magnolia and how much if any of an upgrade it is over the Yamaha a3000. And I'm not sure ow the 4311 would compare to the Emotiva xpa5 with the new Emotiva processor or Emotiva new processor and an outlaw amp.
post #8030 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post


Why that one? How's the GUI?
AirPlay? New or old avr?
I like the a3000 but got bored and then the directv issue. I'm not sure of the denon 4311 being at best buy magnolia and how much if any of an upgrade it is over the Yamaha a3000. And I'm not sure ow the 4311 would compare to the Emotiva xpa5 with the new Emotiva processor or Emotiva new processor and an outlaw amp.

You think the Yamaha gave you trouble, the emotiva pre-pro's in the past have been complete messes backed by poor customer support and empty promises. If you have some patience (I never do), the upcoming outlaw pre-pro might be a nice match to the outlaw amps. A person rarely hears bad things about Outlaw. Otherwise venomous' suggestion of the 4311 is about right. How many subs do you have if I might ask? If you only have one I would push you to the 3312 that was spotted on sale for 699 today, leaves some nice amp money left.
post #8031 of 8763
We have many front presence speaker users here? I hear people who use dsx heights or PLIIz heights complain about how rarely they are utilized, but Yamaha's hit a home run IMO. They get use not only on fly-overs (such as a helicopter overhead) but also on surround items like Voldemort's voice in the last Harry Potter film. In a movie like TransformersSOTM they were wheeling and dealing in nearly every action sequence and every time Sentinal Prime talked. Well done Yamaha. My friend put me on to Standard (for non-action material) and Sci-fi (for big budget action flicks) DSP's and he was right on.
post #8032 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

Why that one? How's the GUI?
AirPlay? New or old avr?
I like the a3000 but got bored and then the directv issue. I'm not sure of the denon 4311 being at best buy magnolia and how much if any of an upgrade it is over the Yamaha a3000. And I'm not sure ow the 4311 would compare to the Emotiva xpa5 with the new Emotiva processor or Emotiva new processor and an outlaw amp.

I've owned the A3000 and currently have a 4311..

I think you'd be thrilled with the Denon.
post #8033 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

Why that one? How's the GUI?
AirPlay? New or old avr?
I like the a3000 but got bored and then the directv issue. I'm not sure of the denon 4311 being at best buy magnolia and how much if any of an upgrade it is over the Yamaha a3000. And I'm not sure ow the 4311 would compare to the Emotiva xpa5 with the new Emotiva processor or Emotiva new processor and an outlaw amp.

A little reading on here about it should set you straight... I strongly suggest getting your price from avs forum sales here or calling an online auth dealer. There's some very good pricing on them through select dealer.
post #8034 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

Since directv won't do anything I sold my A3000 today. Now I need a good upgrade. Hmm.

Since it's a DirecTV problem, I wouldn't assume a different AVR will work any better. It looks like some Denons are also having problems with the latest DirecTV firmware (link).
post #8035 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Since it's a DirecTV problem, I wouldn't assume a different AVR will work any better. It looks like some Denons are also having problems with the latest DirecTV firmware (link).

Thanks for the link.
post #8036 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Since it's a DirecTV problem, I wouldn't assume a different AVR will work any better. It looks like some Denons are also having problems with the latest DirecTV firmware (link).

I have a 4311 and so far no issues when changing channels on directv. As far as my 2010, I still have the same handshake problem until I turn off video processing. I have no issues changing channels. When I turn video processing back on the handshake issue returns.
post #8037 of 8763
How can RX-A3000 play Apple Lossless?
post #8038 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post

How can RX-A3000 play Apple Lossless?

The only way I found to play these was to convert them to another lossless form. I used MediaMonkey to convert them to flac files, which will show on the options list on an RX-A2000. After finding this, I convert nearly all my music to flac and use playlists that will show on the PC input list to play.
post #8039 of 8763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixitlater View Post

I don't know what DirecTv did with the firmware, but it damaged the handshake between the Yamaha and their receiver.

Here is what worked for my A2000 and DirecTv HDVR.
On the Yamaha, go to On Screen/Setup/Video/Processing/On.
Set Resolution to Auto.
Set Aspect to Through.
Adjustment can be anything.

DirecTv video can be set to Native or Off.
If set to Native the TV does the conversion.
Off the DirecTv box does the conversion.

Personally, I preferred to have the Yamaha do the conversion, but that will have to wait until DirecTv changes their firmware.

I've been having the same problem, and these settings are what I've had.

I just tried switching Native to On and it seems to be helping...I'll report back.
post #8040 of 8763
Since my post #8020 My Yamaha A2000 setup failed 2 days later. I asked for another DirecTv receiver. They me a HR22-100. It worked great any way I set it up. That was with firmware 0x59e. A day later they loaded firmware 0x5cd. Now I am right back where I started.

The only way it is stable now (for how long?) is to set the DirecTv box resolution to 720p (using the front panel) and set the Yamaha the same in the processing setup. At least I have a picture when I turn it on or select from my recorded list. I can't see any difference in the picture between 720p and 1080i. Hopefully this will continues to work .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread