Started cutting up the wood for my columns this weekend. Got the exciting stuff done, all I have left is the boring stuff.
Here is a pile of sides and a pile of rails.
Here is a picture showing how I cut all my stiles. Just made a quick jig to make sure all pieces were the same width
Here is the the rest of the wood cut
Here is the jig i used to cut my curved top stiles
Cut with a flush trim bit on my router
Here you can see I have all my top curved stiles cut in the background. In the foreground you can see how I cut the profile in my rails
Profile cut on my top stiles
Good face DOWN!!! Here are the two pieces I messed up, it seems like I can never do them all perfect.
Fronts glued up. I didnt take any pictures of how I cut the plywood curve, but I have a corresponding blue template and used the router to cut it similiar to the way i cut the stiles
Clamps off (I think they turned out pretty good)
Attaching the sides
After the sides were attached I worked out a way to mount the sconces. I wanted to make sure they were supported appropriately, so I cut a piece of wood to fit behind my top panel. This picture shows the sconce center bolt plate attached to the wood block
This shows the sconce bolt sticking through along with a hole for the power for the sconce
And here is where I am at right now with the 6 columns built
I have the short column sanded and will work on sanding the rest tomorrow. I would have liked to get them hung tomorrow, but I need to press the panels to the front as far as possible, then put some silicon caulk in the gap to keep the panels from vibrating from the bass. I will take some pictures, as its hard to explain. After the silicone is dried up, they will be ready for the wall.