or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 282

post #8431 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

Somewhere in the Zappiti-created index files you will find a dune_folder.txt with a media_url line pointing to one of your movies. Copy & paste one of those lines here so we can better diagnose.

Here is an example;
media_url=storage_name://Movies 01/Movies A/500 Days of Summer HD/500 Days Of Summer.ts
post #8432 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Here is an example;
media_url=storage_name://Movies 01/Movies A/500 Days of Summer HD/500 Days Of Summer.ts

That looks ok to me. I assume you have a dune_folder.txt in the root of that drive with the storage_name set.

What is the exact error message you get from the Dune?
post #8433 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

That looks ok to me. I assume you have a dune_folder.txt in the root of that drive with the storage_name set.
What is the exact error message you get from the Dune?

Yes, I have dune folder in the root of each hd naming the drives.

I will get the exact error message for you, meanwhile, it says sometning like "can't find url...

I'm wondering if it is the mechanics of what I'm doing? I've loaded the entire program on the SD card. i have set these paths via my PC, exported to Dune, remove SD from PC, take to Dune, start up Dune, then access Zappiti from SD, go to a movie description, press enter, the get the url error. I also have a usb stick internally for system storage, I do not use the SD card for that.

As mentioned before, if (while at my PC) I access Zappiti, click on a movie, it plays on my PC.
post #8434 of 10805
The following is the message (SD card placed back in Dune), Zappiti accessed via the attached SD card;

Failed to open url

url:storage_name://Movies 01/Movies A/500 Days of Summer HD/500 Days of Summer.ts
post #8435 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

The following is the message (SD card placed back in Dune), Zappiti accessed via the attached SD card;
Failed to open url
url:storage_name://Movies 01/Movies A/500 Days of Summer HD/500 Days of Summer.ts

I used to get those messages before every time I turned on / off my unRaid server its IP address would change. So, I ended up making its IP address static, and making sure the correct path was set in Zappiti. Now, no more issues.

I also erased and uninstalled everything from Zappiti, and did a complete new install and scrapping of all my media prior to using the jukebox. I also never used the internal USB Flash Drive for storing Zappiti. I placed it within my unRaid server. This way I can access it from another Dune player if I get another one.....which is probably never going to happen due to the price increase. I did the same for my PCH YAMJ / EAON jukebox.
post #8436 of 10805
Hmm, I hope I don't have to start all over again. In my case, the HDs are attached to Dune & do not move. Also, if I access Zappiti (via SD card attached to Dune) through my PC, the videos ARE accessed & play via the PC fine. Which again makes me wonder about the absolute path I have set. If it's working on my PC & not the Dune, would that not mean my path is wrong?
post #8437 of 10805
Just an update YAMJ/eversion is now working on the DUNE also http://dentedboxes.com/doku.php/eversionb2:dune
post #8438 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Just an update YAMJ/eversion is now working on the DUNE also http://dentedboxes.com/doku.php/eversionb2:dune


Whoa....man, I just don't don't know....a300 or D1. LOL...the saga continues.
post #8439 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoy73 View Post

Whoa....man, I just don't don't know....a300 or D1. LOL...the saga continues.

Price wise I would go A300. Stability wise I would go Dune. I currently own a PCH-A210 (which replaced my AIOS, and bough for $120 and looks brand new from ebay) and a Dune D1. Over all I like the Dune + Zappiti jukebox. I've got the PCH + YAMJ/EAON jukebox, and approximately 10 movies had the wrong information. I fixed them by making NFO files for proper scanning / scrapping.
post #8440 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Price wise I would go A300. Stability wise I would go Dune. I currently own a PCH-A210 (which replaced my AIOS, and bough for $120 and looks brand new from ebay) and a Dune D1. Over all I like the Dune + Zappiti jukebox. I've got the PCH + YAMJ/EAON jukebox, and approximately 10 movies had the wrong information. I fixed them by making NFO files for proper scanning / scrapping.

your dune and pch can now share the same eversion =P least in theory lol no one has helped accident out yet that had multi home setup of both boxes.
post #8441 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Yes, I have dune folder in the root of each hd naming the drives.
I will get the exact error message for you, meanwhile, it says sometning like "can't find url...
I'm wondering if it is the mechanics of what I'm doing? I've loaded the entire program on the SD card. i have set these paths via my PC, exported to Dune, remove SD from PC, take to Dune, start up Dune, then access Zappiti from SD, go to a movie description, press enter, the get the url error. I also have a usb stick internally for system storage, I do not use the SD card for that.
As mentioned before, if (while at my PC) I access Zappiti, click on a movie, it plays on my PC.

I don't see anything wrong from here; does the Dune list that storage on the main menu as "Movies 01"? I'm running out of ideas. Maybe try a storage name that does not have any spaces in it.
post #8442 of 10805
Yes, the main menu lists each as named, Movies 01, Movies 02, etc. do you have any idea why I'm able to do this function via my PC & not when I try on the Dune? The first thought I had was that my path must be wrong if I can access via PC but not via the Dune? I will go back & rename to Movies_01, Movies_02, etc to see if that gets me any closer. At any rate, I REALLY appreciate your responses and help. I've got to be doing something wrong with the absolute path.
Another thought As I write this, if I had an issue with hd names, would I not have run into an issue with scanning & scraping my files? That part went OK. Sigh smile.gif
post #8443 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Yes, the main menu lists each as named, Movies 01, Movies 02, etc. do you have any idea why I'm able to do this function via my PC & not when I try on the Dune? The first thought I had was that my path must be wrong if I can access via PC but not via the Dune? I will go back & rename to Movies_01, Movies_02, etc to see if that gets me any closer. At any rate, I REALLY appreciate your responses and help. I've got to be doing something wrong with the absolute path.
Another thought As I write this, if I had an issue with hd names, would I not have run into an issue with scanning & scraping my files? That part went OK. Sigh smile.gif

Launching movies from the pc and scraping are all going through SMB and not using the storage_name URL at all. It's only when you try to play on the Dune that it actually tries to use that URL. So yes, something must be wrong with the absolute path, but damned if I can see what.
post #8444 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Yes, the main menu lists each as named, Movies 01, Movies 02, etc. do you have any idea why I'm able to do this function via my PC & not when I try on the Dune? The first thought I had was that my path must be wrong if I can access via PC but not via the Dune? I will go back & rename to Movies_01, Movies_02, etc to see if that gets me any closer. At any rate, I REALLY appreciate your responses and help. I've got to be doing something wrong with the absolute path.
Another thought As I write this, if I had an issue with hd names, would I not have run into an issue with scanning & scraping my files? That part went OK. Sigh smile.gif

I have had similar frustrations in the past through Dune-attached hard drives. Make sure you look at all your hard drives in the Dune "sources" screen and click info NOT what shows in the main screen i.e. "Movies 01" . This will give you the name you gave the hard drive when you formatted it. **again, this may be different from the name you gave it in your dune.txt file**. Write this name down exactly including spaces and numbers. Also, write down the overtly long and cryptic UUID # for each hard drive.

Now you know the REAL name to use in your path. The UUID is long and its easy to screw up the numbers so take your time. These are the REAL/TRUE/ABSOLUTE names of your hard drives. Use either storage name or UUID path--it's up to you.

It's weird and confusing because Win7 will give you one name that you can change under windows but Dune wants the original/formatted name or UUID.

Try this. You obviously have working media files. It's just the communication/path between your scrape/dune and your hard drives that is not happening.
post #8445 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNurse View Post

Now you know the REAL name to use in your path. The UUID is long and its easy to screw up the numbers so take your time. These are the REAL/TRUE/ABSOLUTE names of your hard drives. Use either storage name or UUID path--it's up to you.

Good idea. Instead of storage_name you can use storage_label or storage_uuid.
post #8446 of 10805
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! That was like discovering the Holy Grail! Switched to uuid & worked perfectly! If you guys were here I'd be buying some drinks smile.gif. Now on to tweaking films. 1) can you add more categories? 2) Can you change the icons for the categories?
Ahh, can't tell you what a relief this is!!!
post #8447 of 10805
My dead D1 has finally been sent off for service.

It has been out of commission for about a month now. I started with opening a ticket with HD Dune online and sending an email to media player solutions as well as calling them. I got a message in my HD Dune ticket to contact my local seller so I followed up again with media player solutions. Three weeks of calling and email twice a week and lastly threatening to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge and media player solutions called me back. They no longer sell Dune products due to the price increase (their words) but would try to help me even though they can no longer get parts.

I add this bit to my HD Dune ticket and they indicate that the ticket is being passed to the US service people. I get a call a couple days later from Mike with HD Dune service. I get the address for the RMA from him and sent it off yesterday via UPS. He said turn around is fairly quick. Either a fast fix or a new unit will be out to me in 10-15 days after they receive it.

I hope it goes smoothly from here.
post #8448 of 10805
Ouch

That sucks. My Dunes have become the hub for our entertainment center. It would totally suck to be without it.
post #8449 of 10805
Anyone know if the new firmware allows or enable the ability to record an mpeg2 stream using a networked HDHomeRun?
post #8450 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! That was like discovering the Holy Grail! Switched to uuid & worked perfectly! If you guys were here I'd be buying some drinks smile.gif. Now on to tweaking films. 1) can you add more categories? 2) Can you change the icons for the categories?
Ahh, can't tell you what a relief this is!!!

Glad you got it working!
post #8451 of 10805
After spending HOURS tweaking files, getting things just right, I decided to load family videos on Zappiti as well. What a mess to clean up. More hours to come!

I've gotten myself in another quandry & could once again use your help. All my movies & tv series work just fine using the uuid. The HD with tv series are on a internal hd & again work fine. My home videos are on the same internal hd but the same uuid pointing to my home movies is not working. Any thought for this problem?

I have tv series in one folder, home movies in another.
post #8452 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Anyone know if the new firmware allows or enable the ability to record an mpeg2 stream using a networked HDHomeRun?

What new firmware?
post #8453 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post

What new firmware?

120608_1420_beta
post #8454 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

120608_1420_beta

Ahhh, that was new on June 8th...
post #8455 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomefs View Post

Hi I have a dune d1 and would like to buy the rf qwerty keyboard, the one I seen online had red blue green yellow butons on it also, this is the one I want any info on it I am in Canada but will buy from the USA also Thanks.

Do you mean this one?

400

http://dune-hd.com/accessories/167-dune_hd_qwerty.html

I'm interested, too....is anyone here using it?
post #8456 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfan View Post

Do you mean this one?
400
http://dune-hd.com/accessories/167-dune_hd_qwerty.html
I'm interested, too....is anyone here using it?

$70 for that keyboard is too much. I wonder who makes that keyboard? I'm thinking of buying the mini keyboar Rii, which sometimes I can find it on sale for $30.00 shipped online.

Like this one for a little over $17 dollars:
http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-Entertainment-Wireless-Keyboard-TouchPad/dp/B003UE52ME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341104323&sr=8-1&keywords=Mini+Wireless+Keyboard+with+Touchpad


It kind of looks like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/OrientEX-Rii-Wireless-Removable-Adjustable/dp/B0050FDNI6/ref=sr_1_36?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341104499&sr=1-36&keywords=Mini+Wireless+Keyboard+with+Touchpad
post #8457 of 10805
post #8458 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

You could always try the Diamond Designs version...
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/06/14/review-diamond-design-dune-keyboard/

I agree with you on that, but $39.99 price tag plus shipping isn't exactly a good price.
post #8459 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I agree with you on that, but $39.99 price tag plus shipping isn't exactly a good price.

It was just meant as an alternative to the $70 version the OP posted

Oh yeah, I think you sent me a PM a week or so ago. Been traveling for work and now a little under the weather, so a bit backed up going through all my messages
post #8460 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

It was just meant as an alternative to the $70 version the OP posted
Oh yeah, I think you sent me a PM a week or so ago. Been traveling for work and now a little under the weather, so a bit backed up going through all my messages

Yeah, it was a while ago. Just for FYI about the TV Show ISO naming from the Dune also works on the YAMJ almost 100%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010