or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 327

post #9781 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by golobulus View Post

I violated the "If it's not broken don't fix it rule" and updated my Synology NAS to the latest version of the software. The Dune isn't able to playback any video files now.

The mapped network folder is still there and valid on the Dune and I can browse the directory and view all of the video files. When I click on a file, the "clock" icon for waiting pops up but after a few seconds it returns to the previous screen, no video.

I created a new network folder using NFS as opposed to SMB and similarly I can browse all of the files, but can't play anything.

Have any of you aficionados had this issue? Any ideas why I can browse but not play?

reset router / modem and switches already?
post #9782 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

reset router / modem and switches already?

Hmm, I hadn't tried that. I'll give that a try tonight, it's worth a shot.

EDIT: This resolved the problem! I hadn't thought about resetting the switch so thank you for the suggestion.
Edited by golobulus - 3/12/13 at 11:17am
post #9783 of 10805
Also, try reverting the Synology to the previous fw.
post #9784 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by golobulus View Post

I violated the "If it's not broken don't fix it rule" and updated my Synology NAS to the latest version of the software. The Dune isn't able to playback any video files now.

The mapped network folder is still there and valid on the Dune and I can browse the directory and view all of the video files. When I click on a file, the "clock" icon for waiting pops up but after a few seconds it returns to the previous screen, no video.

I created a new network folder using NFS as opposed to SMB and similarly I can browse all of the files, but can't play anything.

Have any of you aficionados had this issue? Any ideas why I can browse but not play?

I read a similar report on the Synology forum that was solved by uninstalling and then reinstalling media server.
post #9785 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by golobulus View Post

Hmm, I hadn't tried that. I'll give that a try tonight, it's worth a shot.

I'm with GusGus as I've updated my ds1511 to 4.2 and I'm playing mine with no problems. There are a lot of variables though.......
post #9786 of 10805
I'm not having problems either but apparently some are. I have noticed a much faster web interface since updating, so far to me it was worth fixing what wasn't broken.
post #9787 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDAVS View Post

The change log shows Music Export for Zappiti player. I would think this worked on all Dunes?

Changes since v2.7.13.0

New:
- Music library management.
- Music export for Zappiti Player.

No, it only works on a dune if you own a zappiti player

Is that because the Zapptit player is a newer generation dune, or is it something specific to the Zappiti firmware? Is there something more about Dune player that is different than a standard dune or will their firmware work on other dune players?

I wish they had a way to make this work on the regular dune even if you had to pay for the software. It's a nice freebie, but don't mind paying a reasonable cost for good software that works.

Guess musicnizer it is, but had been waiting as I heard Zappiti was working on a music component.
post #9788 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDAVS View Post

Is that because the Zapptit player is a newer generation dune, or is it something specific to the Zappiti firmware? Is there something more about Dune player that is different than a standard dune or will their firmware work on other dune players?

I wish they had a way to make this work on the regular dune even if you had to pay for the software. It's a nice freebie, but don't mind paying a reasonable cost for good software that works.

Guess musicnizer it is, but had been waiting as I heard Zappiti was working on a music component.

Zappiti player is controlled by the Zappiti folks, so they want to push their software to the Zappiti player owners (so the thought being someone would buy the Zappiti player over the Dune player so they could access this). I don't know if plans would be to offer Zappiti music to non Zappiti player owners for a fee (I would guess that would be the next step)
post #9789 of 10805
Hi Todd,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDAVS View Post

Guess musicnizer it is, but had been waiting as I heard Zappiti was working on a music component.
I wouldn't bother with Musicnizer - I think it's just front company to get personal information to sell. Here is a post of my attempt at using Musicnizer: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1400551/flac-music-device#post_22916792. I couldn't get it to work, and searching through the forum, I couldn't find anybody using it successfully.
post #9790 of 10805
I'm having a problem.

When I play any BD ISO, MKV etc through my Dune HD and use my AMP I get sound no problem. But when I turn my AMP off and just use my TV speakers I don't get any audio at all.

I have tried setting the audio output to both bitstream and pcm decode but I still can't get any audio.

If I burn a BD ISO to a BD25 disc and play through my blu ray player I get sound through my speakers.

Help would be appreciated.

cheers
post #9791 of 10805
Looking for a quick update guys. Haven't posted for a while as I've just been enjoying the use of the smart B1. All my rips are full disc ISO. in catching up on the thread, about 6 pages back there is talk OB the new players not supporting ISO. Can someone quickly indicate what the status on this is? Converting every file to something else will be a pain.
post #9792 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post

Looking for a quick update guys. Haven't posted for a while as I've just been enjoying the use of the smart B1. All my rips are full disc ISO. in catching up on the thread, about 6 pages back there is talk OB the new players not supporting ISO. Can someone quickly indicate what the status on this is? Converting every file to something else will be a pain.

Iso is supported, just no blu ray menus
post #9793 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Iso is supported, just no blu ray menus
No bluray menus? I guess just Lite menus.
post #9794 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

No bluray menus? I guess just Lite menus.

Yes, the new players (tv303d and base3d) do not support blu ray menus. Only the previou gen players do. Full BR Menus are a thing of the past unless Dune is able to come through with their XBMC player later this year.Until the n all new players will rely on bd lite
post #9795 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

No bluray menus? I guess just Lite menus.

Yes, the new players (tv303d and base3d) do not support blu ray menus. Only the previou gen players do. Full BR Menus are a thing of the past unless Dune is able to come through with their XBMC player later this year.Until the n all new players will rely on bd lite

I hadn't heard about a XBMC based Dune player. I heard they were coming out with a multiprocessor based player (IE not sigma). It was to be their higher end player. Is that to be based on XBMC?
post #9796 of 10805
Any idea in the reason why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Yes, the new players (tv303d and base3d) do not support blu ray menus. Only the previou gen players do. Full BR Menus are a thing of the past unless Dune is able to come through with their XBMC player later this year.Until the n all new players will rely on bd lite
post #9797 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post

Any idea in the reason why?
I think it's due to the Cinavia issue.
Player with Cinavia = Full menu
Player without Cinavia = Lite menu
post #9798 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post

Any idea in the reason why?
I think it's due to the Cinavia issue.
Player with Cinavia = Full menu
Player without Cinavia = Lite menu

I think that is it. BD lite doesn't require a regular BD license so they can't enforce cinevia.
post #9799 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDAVS View Post

I hadn't heard about a XBMC based Dune player. I heard they were coming out with a multiprocessor based player (IE not sigma). It was to be their higher end player. Is that to be based on XBMC?

It will be running an Intel Processor with XBMC GUI. That is the high end player they had mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post

Any idea in the reason why?

As the guys mentioned Cinavia. if you want full BD menus, hold on to your Dune Smart like it is the last media player on earth!!! (of course no Blu ray 3D support)
post #9800 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

As the guys mentioned Cinavia. if you want full BD menus, hold on to your Dune Smart like it is the last media player on earth!!! (of course no Blu ray 3D support)

I hope these things are robust and have a long life ahead of them... smile.gif
post #9801 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post

I hope these things are robust and have a long life ahead of them... smile.gif

Define robust and long life. What exactly do you want with Robust? For example, aside from Blu ray 3D, are you expecting some other media to come out soon that is different then what we are using already? The only thing I can think of are 10 bit and 4k, both of which have no impact on me
post #9802 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Define robust and long life. What exactly do you want with Robust? For example, aside from Blu ray 3D, are you expecting some other media to come out soon that is different then what we are using already? The only thing I can think of are 10 bit and 4k, both of which have no impact on me

I meant robust more in regards to build quality. I don't see the new for new features...just want the current ones to last a long time. I personally really like the use of the full BD menu.
post #9803 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsquared View Post



I meant robust more in regards to build quality. I don't see the new for new features...just want the current ones to last a long time. I personally really like the use of the full BD menu.

Build quality I would say is one of the solid points of the current Dunes. My BD Prime has been going strong since July 2010, Smart D1 since Jan 2011, and just picked up a B1 not too long ago
post #9804 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

It will be running an Intel Processor with XBMC GUI. That is the high end player they had mentioned.
As the guys mentioned Cinavia. if you want full BD menus, hold on to your Dune Smart like it is the last media player on earth!!! (of course no Blu ray 3D support)

With the update to XBMC will that be the end line? Or will we still be able to use MM or which ever jukebox we decide? It's funny that Dune released a zapatti player when at the 2012 CES all they could talk about was MM.
post #9805 of 10805
Zappiti player is just a base 3d rebadged. Hdland, the guys behind zappiti, just asked dune to put a logo on it and give them the possibility to use their own firmware. dune do t care about zappiti, it's just a custome like some other providers like Katrina.

If they finally launch the max 3D based on xbmc, then it will be the end of any other jukebox....except MM because they can use it as content provider for the scraping. That's certainly why they were talking so much about MM during CES...
post #9806 of 10805
Hi guys, I've done a tutorial in english to use the french yadis tool called yNu. yNu is an add-on to yadis 2.2 that will manage your seen/not seen movies and TV series. If you want to give it a try and test what its capable of, just go here http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31386

wink.gif
post #9807 of 10805
Eric
Just I am sure I follow you here. Your saying yadis would go bye bye if the start using XBMC.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
post #9808 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraijones View Post

Eric
Just I am sure I follow you here. Your saying yadis would go bye bye if the start using XBMC.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, yaDIS, Zappiti,, etc... would not work on the XBMC Dune model (but still be applicable on the Sigma based models)
post #9809 of 10805
exactly...They are all based on dune_folder.txt system. If Dune goes the intel route, then it will obviously not use those but the common PC file system.
post #9810 of 10805
I hope this works out the way it's planned! I know everybody was waiting for the units to come out with the 8910 chip and the pro model with the THX something or other! Great hype but never came to light! I plan on going the NAS way eventually so when the new intel models come out I hope they offer it in the smart type models. The Dune just works and I don't mind paying more for something that just works!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010