Originally Posted by robkwil61
My video goes HDMI directly to the TV. My audio goes optical from the Neo to receiver. The only difference might be that I transcode every video with VID2EVA. Never had the lipsync problem.
Starting with a MKV file having lipsync problems when using HDMI for video directly to my TV and audio using optical output from the Neo to my receiver, transcoding (that is, re-encoding) the file using vid2eva did not help. The result was the exact same lipsync problems.
(the audio from my TV, which usually is tuned all the way down, is however in perfect sync ).
Playing this file on my computer or on my old Popcorn Hour A-100 through the very same receiver using Coaxial S/PDIF, the audio is in perfect sync (and it ALWAYS is using the Popcorn Hour A-100 ).
I also did another interesting experiment: I made a BluRay ISO from the MKV file, using popBD, which I then played using the NeoTV-550. But with the same lipsync error.
I then burned the BluRay ISO on a DVDR disc and played it on my Sony PS3, using the same receiver, and in fact the same physical optical cable and the same physical optical input on the receiver.
The result: Perfect lipsync.
To add to the weirdness, I do not have lipsync problems using optical S/PDIF from my NeoTV-550 on all MKV files, but there are quite a few which have problems. And I have not yet been able to determine any "common factors" of the ones which have lipsync problems.