Originally Posted by WiWavelength
Yeah, the two congruent distance measurements indicate that Audyssey has not yet compensated for the delay introduced by the Behringer. Run Audyssey again -- you can do just a one point measurement at the listening position -- and watch the Audyssey measured "distance" extend to roughly 20 ft.
I actually did re-run Audyssey last night. I began to wonder why the results were so far off from my by-ear adjustments and thought that maybe my mic point was just at a point in the room with weird modes going on, and also thought, "what do I have to lose, anyway?" I ran it with my BFD set on the filter bank that I'd set going through the receiver (the second time, with Audyssey on), and the mic at a point about a foot away from before. HOLY COW, I got totally different results that were much closer to the ones I set by ear (while they weren't necessarily at the same levels, they followed similar trends over the different frequencies). Just to be sure, I ran Audyssey again and got almost the exact same results. I guess the spot I initially measured (and have always measured for room-correction programs) was just a funky spot. Anyway, it now sounds fantastic (better than my by-ear stuff) and I'm pumped to be able to use DynEq/Vol without cringing. Thank you for your input through this, I'm super happy with the outcome. A side note, Audyssey still measured the sub at 9 ft--I'm not sure what to think about that considering you said it should be something like 20. Anyway, thanks again.