or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG xxLD550 xxLD520 xxLD650 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG xxLD550 xxLD520 xxLD650 Owners Thread - Page 165

post #4921 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post

I've been meaning to ask for a while, but is the sensor LG42LD550 really crappy? Turning it on and off works fine if I aim the remote at the general direction of the TV. If I want to change the channel or volume, I have to aim exactly at the sensor.


My remote on my LK520 is pretty picky too.
post #4922 of 5070
..... Im back. My 55LD520 burned up for the second time. Pretty much the same symptoms but this time the LG logo dosent even flicker. I put in a request for service this afternoon with LG and they sent it off for approval so hopefully they can help me out for a second time. I cant believe that the same issue can happen again just by chance, any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

If you want some background info on the first occurrence it starts on page 158 comment 4725
post #4923 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarsonjr View Post

My remote on my LK520 is pretty picky too.

I had the same issue right when I got my tv. I found that the basic buttons worked fine but the directional pad was awful so I went back to best buy and they swapped out my remote and I havent noticed the any lagging since.
post #4924 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyac View Post

..... Im back. My 55LD520 burned up for the second time. Pretty much the same symptoms but this time the LG logo dosent even flicker. I put in a request for service this afternoon with LG and they sent it off for approval so hopefully they can help me out for a second time. I cant believe that the same issue can happen again just by chance, any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

If you want some background info on the first occurrence it starts on page 158 comment 4725

Wow, sorry to hear that. My 47LD520 is still going strong with absolutely no problems after about 16 months of use. Maybe it's just a bad production run for your set, which doesn't help I know. I did take advantage of the extended warranty that LG offered ($90 for three more years) just in case but so far.... Let us know how it works out.
post #4925 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Wow, sorry to hear that. My 47LD520 is still going strong with absolutely no problems after about 16 months of use. Maybe it's just a bad production run for your set, which doesn't help I know. I did take advantage of the extended warranty that LG offered ($90 for three more years) just in case but so far.... Let us know how it works out.

Yeah I felt like I dodge a bullet when they paid for the last repair so when they called me back for the customer service follow up I asked if could buy the extended warranty even though my standard warranty was up. She said I wouldn't be able to on the LG site but she would send me a link were I would be able to get one but I never received anything from her. O well I hope I hear back fro them soon about the approval it took about 4 days last time.
post #4926 of 5070
Hi ya'll! I hope that everyone is having a nice spring, that all of you have stayed safe from those crazy storms and that the Wisconsin fight stays strong .

I wanted to tell you that I sold my set yesterday. I swear that once she knew my intentions to buy a plasma, she started looking her best. She never looked better than she has this past month. I seriously wonder if something changed after these number of hours passed like they do in plasmas. I remember that some of us noticed an improvement like that in the beginning too.

Take care of yourselves, your TVs and never say die.

Otto, I suspect we will be running into each other again on these forums.
post #4927 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Hi ya'll! I hope that everyone is having a nice spring, that all of you have stayed safe from those crazy storms and that the Wisconsin fight stays strong .

I wanted to tell you that I sold my set yesterday. I swear that once she knew my intentions to buy a plasma, she started looking her best. She never looked better than she has this past month. I seriously wonder if something changed after these number of hours passed like they do in plasmas. I remember that some of us noticed an improvement like that in the beginning too.

Take care of yourselves, your TVs and never say die.

Otto, I suspect we will be running into each other again on these forums.

Well Hello. ..! Sorry to hear you sold the big LG! So what did you get? Well wait. .... all we have to do is see what threads you now frequent!

Storms weren't so bad here. .. some needed rain and windy yesterday. Now the political scene. . . Lot's of bold overstatements, twisting of reality, and, well outright lies and manipulation. Still lot's of job loss . . . in spite of tweaked figures.

Well, Happy Spring!
post #4928 of 5070
$200 under the price I paid. I don't think that's too bad considering that it's not 3D, as well as Amazon and a few other services aren't available. Also, it's also not IPS. I think that both the buyer and I got a good deal.

I've bought the Panasonic 60ST50 and it should be here on Thursday.

It's good to know that all is well on your end. I keep an eye on Wisconsin. I think that Wisconsin is the might of America for this decade and I think that in the end Michigan won't be far behind. I'll keep doing what I can from down here for those states and will continue to try to influence others to do the same. Like I said- never say die- and get the truth out to the rest of the world, everyone is watching.

BTW, I had to leave Directv and move back to Charter. Their boxes stink and so I'm looking into TIVO, if you or anyone else can give me tips or run into any deals please PM me.

You're the tops Phase, you've done so much for me and I thank you.
post #4929 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Aww. . . shucks Ms. Chics Many others have done as much here. . . and it was a pleasure to enjoy such a friendly crowd here. . . yourself included!

Yes I read some of your posts in the ST50 thread and see you are awaiting your new TV. I just can't use a plasma in my daytime high ambient light conditions, but the ST50 has garnered well warranted accolades. I actually have thought about a Sony HX929 and even getting another LG upscale model. . . but have other irons in the fire now.

Well, I'll peek in the ST50 thread now and then and await your impressions!
post #4930 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Hi ya'll! I hope that everyone is having a nice spring, that all of you have stayed safe from those crazy storms and that the Wisconsin fight stays strong .

I wanted to tell you that I sold my set yesterday. I swear that once she knew my intentions to buy a plasma, she started looking her best. She never looked better than she has this past month. I seriously wonder if something changed after these number of hours passed like they do in plasmas. I remember that some of us noticed an improvement like that in the beginning too.

Take care of yourselves, your TVs and never say die.

Otto, I suspect we will be running into each other again on these forums.

I was wondering when you would make the big jump. A plasma is not in the immediate future for me but I will certainly keep an eye out for your impressions and reviews (especially when you get to cals). Besides, I know where to find you

Speaking of spring, the storms finally stopped out here so the garden has been tilled, raked, fed, and is ready to be planted this weekend.
post #4931 of 5070
i did a search, and although there were 3 pages of results i still couldn't find any answer.

how do i enter the service menu on my LD55630?

i'm having an hdmi handshake issue while running dual hdmi outs from my yamaha rx-a800 receiver into the tv. i need to adjust the settings in the TV so that it does not sync HDMI inputs automatically

any help would be appreciated.
post #4932 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

i did a search, and although there were 3 pages of results i still couldn't find any answer.

how do i enter the service menu on my LD55630?

i'm having an hdmi handshake issue while running dual hdmi outs from my yamaha rx-a800 receiver into the tv. i need to adjust the settings in the TV so that it does not sync HDMI inputs automatically

any help would be appreciated.

The "service menu" will not likely accomplish what you want. There is the EZ-Adjust and IN-Start menus for late model LG TVs, however I recall no settings to disable "automatic sync" for HDMI.

Going into the EZ-Adjust or IN-Start menus of the TV can brick it very easily. Some settings can be be altered just my stepping down the menu and stopping on the setting and it can not be restored even by and LG field technician. The settings in these menus are determined by special factory test rigs and software and are unique to each TV that is built as a factory line calibration setting.
post #4933 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

i did a search, and although there were 3 pages of results i still couldn't find any answer.

how do i enter the service menu on my LD55630?

i'm having an hdmi handshake issue while running dual hdmi outs from my yamaha rx-a800 receiver into the tv. i need to adjust the settings in the TV so that it does not sync HDMI inputs automatically

any help would be appreciated.

I'd have to echo what Phase said about steering clear of the SM. The danger is far greater of bricking your set than finding what you need. I'm curious though, why are you running two HDMI lines from your AVR to the LG? Wouldn't a single line do and just switch input sources at the AVR?
post #4934 of 5070
i want the 2 separate hdmi in's so that i can easily switch between presets for viewing movies (with the judder set to 0 for TrueMotion) on HDMI1, and with TrueMotion set to high for when i watch sports on HDMI2.

I wouldn't have to go to such extremes if the truemotion setting wasn't buried in a menu. so annoying.

is the service menu really that daunting? I wouldn't go and adjust any of the picture settings. Just want to disable the TV from reading an HDMI input when it's not set to it.
post #4935 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

i want the 2 separate hdmi in's so that i can easily switch between presets for viewing movies (with the judder set to 0 for TrueMotion) on HDMI1, and with TrueMotion set to high for when i watch sports on HDMI2.

I wouldn't have to go to such extremes if the truemotion setting wasn't buried in a menu. so annoying.

is the service menu really that daunting? I wouldn't go and adjust any of the picture settings. Just want to disable the TV from reading an HDMI input when it's not set to it.


Hmm. . . hello again, but I'm kind of confused. HDMI 1 and HDMI2 are inputs to the TV not outputs you can feed into the receiver.

If all you want is to switch different preset picture modes you can easily switch Picture presets using the Q.Menu button on the remote.

As far as not auto reading an HDMI input. . . did you try turning SimpLink off?
post #4936 of 5070
My Yamaha has four HDMI in and one HDMI out. The only HDMI input on the LG that I use is HDMI 1 (unless I connect the MacBookPro). TV is OTA only so that's an entirely different input and settings. What Phase said is correct. You could also just hit Menu -> Picture and then Picture Mode to pick your preferred settings for whatever you are watching. At least that's how it works on my 47LD520.
post #4937 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

If all you want is to switch different preset picture modes you can easily switch Picture presets using the Q.Menu button on the remote.

the problem with this is even the different picture modes don't keep a unique TrueMotion setting - meaning that whatever TrueMotion setting you have is applied universally across all picture modes on that input. However the TV will remember a different TrueMotion setting on a separate input.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

Can you post a simple list or chart showing what devices you have connected to the Yamaha and what you are feeding to the TV. Doesn't the Yamaha only have one HDMI output but several HDMI inputs?

the RX-A800 has 6 inputs/2 outputs. I have 6 different devices going into the receiver and i wanted to feed the 2 outputs into the LD630 so i could easily flip between the 2 LG inputs and have HDMI1 & HDMI2 with different TrueMotion settings.

As it stands now i have to adjust the TrueMotion setting which is buried in the picture menu. My viewing is 50/50 movies & sports.
post #4938 of 5070
Rooster, when you first setup the tv did you first take it out of store mode and put it into Home?

Are you using the AV mode button to navigate between modes? This could be the reason why your settings are the same across all modes. See pg 75 of the manual.

Have you tried setting up the Expert modes for your needs?
post #4939 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Besides, I know where to find you




Our winter was so mild that we are at least two weeks ahead in the season. My tomatoes are already in the ground and I'll be planting more veggies this weekend.
post #4940 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Rooster, when you first setup the tv did you first take it out of store mode and put it into Home?

Are you using the AV mode button to navigate between modes? This could be the reason why your settings are the same across all modes. See pg 75 of the manual.

Have you tried setting up the Expert modes for your needs?

yes it is in Home mode, and yes i have saved both expert modes. the TruMotion setting is independent of the picture modes. if you change it on one picture mode it will be applied universally on all picture modes for that input.
post #4941 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

yes it is in Home mode, and yes i have saved both expert modes. the TruMotion setting is independent of the picture modes. if you change it on one picture mode it will be applied universally on all picture modes for that input.

Ok. . kind of an unconventional way of doing things, but what has that got to do with the HDMI "automatically sync" question? Your TV with still have TruMotion in both Expert1 and Expert2 set to whatever you last made for it. . . as you've said for both settings.

There is no way, then, of having two different TruMotion settings. And it isn't buried all the deep in the menu Hit Q.Menu, Menu, Picture and select Trumotion. It takes maybe 10 seconds?

And I'm still not sure what you mean about auto syncing for your HDMI. That sounds like a Yamaha AVR issue.
post #4942 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

yes it is in Home mode, and yes i have saved both expert modes. the TruMotion setting is independent of the picture modes. if you change it on one picture mode it will be applied universally on all picture modes for that input.

What button do you use to change modes? Is the tv's software up to date? Have you called Panasonic to ask them why your tru-motion settings are not independent for each mode?
post #4943 of 5070
Thread Starter 
TruMotion DOES stay at whatever setting it is in regardless of Picture Mode as he stated . . . at least it does on my LD550.

And SheSheChic. . . . it's and LG TV

I know.... you can't WAIT for your new Pansonic. . .. LOL

But I'm wondering if he has SimpLink turned off. Then his TV won't "auto recognize" any input connected to an active device like the two inputs from his Yamaha AVR he seems to want?
post #4944 of 5070
Really? I don't remember it doing so on mine but I rarely ever used it for more than a moment. Since it's not here for me to check I feel flustered. lol

Sorry Rooster.
post #4945 of 5070
It sounds to me that the easiest way would be to just change the TruMotion settings as myself or Phase described. It really only takes 10 seconds or less for me, and I use a Harmony 880 to control my HTS.

@sheesh, it does sound like you have "Panny on the mind" 'maters in the ground already? I'm jealous. This Saturday for us. Should be about 80 on planting day
post #4946 of 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

But I'm wondering if he has SimpLink turned off. Then his TV won't "auto recognize" any input connected to an active device like the two inputs from his Yamaha AVR he seems to want?

thank you!

that was it! i don't mind losing the simplelink feature because i use a harmony remote anyways. now i'll be able just switch inputs for when i watch sports or movies

i wish the LG CSR told me that instead of insisting it could only be done by unlocking my TV and going into the service menu (which would void any remaining warranty).
post #4947 of 5070
Phase has been the wise old sage of this forum for quite some time and has helped quite a few of us. He is humble but will accept donations of beer, preferably micro-brews

I'm a bit surprised that LG CS suggested you go to the SM
post #4948 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

thank you!

that was it! i don't mind losing the simplelink feature because i use a harmony remote anyways. now i'll be able just switch inputs for when i watch sports or movies

i wish the LG CSR told me that instead of insisting it could only be done by unlocking my TV and going into the service menu (which would void any remaining warranty).

You are very welcome. sorry I didn't quite understand what the issue was.

After a bit more info and your connection info then it clicked that the "auto recognize" feature of SimpLink may have been hampering what you wanted to do.

All's well that ends well!
post #4949 of 5070
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Phase has been the wise old sage of this forum for quite some time and has helped quite a few of us. He is humble but will accept donations of beer, preferably micro-brews

I'm a bit surprised that LG CS suggested you go to the SM

Thanks Otto. . .

That's me. . . . "sage" alright!

And you know me too well regarding micro brews and don;t forget fine California wines!
post #4950 of 5070
Hi!

I'll buy a 42 LG LCD, current available models in Argentina are:

42LD460 (2010-11)
42LD650 (2010-11)
42LD655 (2011?)
42LK450 (2011-12)

LK450 being the most widely available nowadays.

- Main Use: Blu-Ray 24fps from Pioneer BR
- Secondary Use: HDTV
- Third Use: STD (PAL-N 50hz)
- I won't use it for gaming/120hz/sports...

Questions:
- Any reason not to buy LK450 and look for any of the others?
- LK450 IPS code is W or Y?
- Any tip on the best model with lowest clouding/best contrast-black levels/color reproduction (after calibration)


Thank you!
Luis
Argentina
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG xxLD550 xxLD520 xxLD650 Owners Thread