or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › O'Shea's Neighborhood Bar Build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

O'Shea's Neighborhood Bar Build - Page 7

post #181 of 364
Oh, no - he's become famous ... like Alice Cooper!

post #182 of 364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

Oh, no - he's become famous ... like Alice Cooper![/youtubeid]

Ha Ha Ha!
post #183 of 364
Please hold your applause.......Just throw money!

Is he famous or INfamous????????????

Regards,

RTROSE
post #184 of 364
Thread Starter 
Here at the Estates it is not all just Bar Build. We actually do things outside too. Recently, we have been working on Laurie's garden and getting the yard ready for the pool.

On April 9th we cut the big grandfather tree in the front:









That is alot of wood left over. How did I get rid of it so fast you wonder? Craig's List! I posted an ad on CL and they came a runin'. The wood was semi-rotten and not good for burning in a wood burning stove, but alot of people like to use this $hitwood for burning camp-fires. One guy showed up with a dump truck. A few hours later, all that wood was gone.


And....here is what it looks like today:




Laurie added another level..which meant yet another one of her rock walls. I swear people are going to pay her to build these things.

What else?

Oh...the pool. We need to dig into the side of the hill. The pool is to big and if we don't dig into the side of the hill, the pool will rest on top of the leech field of the septic system. Not good.

Of course as I was digging I hit a rock the size of a VW Beetle. I had to call in re inforcements.







You can barely see the rock in the picture above...it is buried just beneath the surface like an iceberg. Only it is a rock. And not floating in water.

I gotta get a picture of this rock. I will tomorrow. Promise.

After the rock was removed, I got back to work digging into the side of the hill. Here is what it looked like April 25th:




Now here is a picture taken from a 2nd story window of what the hill looks like today: (that is not my dog wondering how the fat one got up so high)





See? not everything going on around here revolves around a bar.
post #185 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12566 View Post

Here at the Estates it is not all just Bar Build. We actually do things outside too. Recently, we have been working on Laurie's garden and getting the yard ready for the pool. Snip.........

See? not everything going on around here revolves around a bar.

Excellent work. I have had mixed results using CL for various things, but I never thought about getting rid of wood that way!

Regarding your statement highlighted above. I think it does. You will be using the bar while swimming. Right? While cutting down the tree I imagine there was a beer or two consumed prior to, during, or after, or maybe all three during that process. Right? Knowing you, you offered your buddy a beer for removing the VW sized rock. You strike me as the type that even offered the guy in the dump truck a cold one. Right? AND I'm sure while you supervised your lovely wife building that other rock wall you had an adult beverage. Right?

Maybe you should reconsider the statement.

You see everything around here DOES revolve around a bar, it is just not everything is inside AT the bar!

Regards,

RTROSE
post #186 of 364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Excellent work. I have had mixed results using CL for various things, but I never thought about getting rid of wood that way!

Regarding your statement highlighted above. I think it does. You will be using the bar while swimming. Right? While cutting down the tree I imagine there was a beer or two consumed prior to, during, or after, or maybe all three during that process. Right? Knowing you, you offered your buddy a beer for removing the VW sized rock. You strike me as the type that even offered the guy in the dump truck a cold one. Right? AND I'm sure while you supervised your lovely wife building that other rock wall you had an adult beverage. Right?

Maybe you should reconsider the statement.

You see everything around here DOES revolve around a bar, it is just not everything is inside AT the bar!

Regards,

RTROSE

Guilty as charged! I did offer my friend a beer after he got the rock out. I did offer a beer to the guy in the dump truck after he was all finished. I did not have a beverage while she built the rock wall tho. I was on the tractor supplying the rocks. Of course after the wall was done we had one.
post #187 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12566 View Post

Guilty as charged! I did offer my friend a beer after he got the rock out. I did offer a beer to the guy in the dump truck after he was all finished. I did not have a beverage while she built the rock wall tho. I was on the tractor supplying the rocks. Of course after the wall was done we had one.


And they say chivalry is dead.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #188 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12566 View Post

I did not have a beverage while she built the rock wall tho. I was on the tractor supplying the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

And they say chivalry is dead.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!
post #189 of 364
When I check in to AVS forum, I demand entertainment.

I've received no entertainment from this thread for several days now, which is simply unacceptable.

Post some pics of hot bartenders (making out works - just saying), or you making your wife lift heavy rocks, or whatever.

The bottom line is that I'm entertained - and isn't that what we all want?

post #190 of 364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Damn skippy. Besides, she demands it this way. Not only am I awesome at picking up rocks on the tractor, (yes it is a skill they roll and are a royal PITA.)but she views the moving and lifting rocks as a work out. Bottom line: I was told to get on the tractor and keep the supply of boulders full. I do what I am told.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthegrip View Post

When I check in to AVS forum, I demand entertainment.

I've received no entertainment from this thread for several days now, which is simply unacceptable.

Post some pics of hot bartenders (making out works - just saying), or you making your wife lift heavy rocks, or whatever.

The bottom line is that I'm entertained - and isn't that what we all want?



Are you not entertained!?!?

Ask and you shall recieve! My wife and I just completed another rock wall and I will be posting the pictures this evening when I get home from work.
post #191 of 364
Pictures of the Wall, Your Wife, or ..??, Oops I didn't just say that, did I....?
post #192 of 364
I just realized that your pool is going to get a ton of leaves in it with it's location so close to the tree line. Might I suggest hiring a team of bikini-wearing pool-cleaning ladies to help keep it clean? I would love to see pictures of that cleaning process.... Maybe you could pay them in beer, the opportunities are endless!
post #193 of 364
I can't help but notice how much work gets done while you are behind the camera, as opposed to in front of it...
post #194 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Pictures of the Wall, Your Wife, or ..??, Oops I didn't just say that, did I....?


Ya, ah, hmmm.......you did. I think Brian will overlook it just this once.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #195 of 364
Quote:
Are you not entertained!?!?

Settle down Maximus!
post #196 of 364
post #197 of 364
Thread Starter 
Here are the pictures of building the rock wall.



Here is Laurie using the tractor to build the wall. Cheater.




This Rock goes here..no wait...maybe...over there... hmm...


Hafway done!



Done! We even used a bit of the concrete foundation (from French Door install) as a bench! You can barely see it on the end.



Building a rock wall builds muscles. Laurie even pushed that tree down in the background.
post #198 of 364
This one's a keeper.
post #199 of 364
Well Done - BRAVO!!
post #200 of 364
Impressive the rock wall and the pose. Now if she were only wearing a "Schoolgirl Uniform" it would have been off the hook!

Can always use more of these types of photos round here.

Well done.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #201 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12566 View Post


Building a rock wall builds muscles. Laurie even pushed that tree down in the background.
Now THAT'S a woman!! She looks like she's posing for an "after" photo from one of those P90X exercise videos!




Bar keep, school girl, beer pong player, wall builder ... you really married above your pay grade, didn't you O'Shea?!
post #202 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian

Now THAT'S a woman!! She looks like she's posing for an "after" photo from one of those P90X exercise videos!

Bar keep, school girl, beer pong player, wall builder ... you really married above your pay grade, didn't you O'Shea?!
+1

I second this question....errr......comment.....errr......yeah!! Wow!!
post #203 of 364
Five days without so much as a comment, update, or funny picture, everything alright?

Hopefully part of that rock wall did not fall down on you.

Regards,

RTROSE

EDIT: Just visited your blog. Can't believe you kept us AVS'ers out of the loop on your latest project. We all want to see what you're up to.
post #204 of 364
Brian,

I'm going to take you back a number of pages and ask you about your Jukebox project with the Album Player software. Regarding Album Player; curious what OS you are running on your jukebox PC?

I downloaded the demo version to check it out. It looks very nice, however; I downloaded it on our newer WIN7 machine (with an AMD Phenom 6 processor, and lots of RAM). Whenever I go to open Album Player > seems like it takes forever to open up. AND more worrisome for me; my hard drive would run almost continuously regardless of Album Player being open or closed? I ended up uninstalling Album Player, and I then recovered my PC back to the configuration of several days earlier and all is now well again.

Next up I will try Album Player again on the older XP box (the one I intend to use for the Jukebox). I'm thinking that perhaps Album Player does not yet "play nice" with WIN7?
post #205 of 364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Five days without so much as a comment, update, or funny picture, everything alright?

Hopefully part of that rock wall did not fall down on you.

Regards,

RTROSE

EDIT: Just visited your blog. Can't believe you kept us AVS'ers out of the loop on your latest project. We all want to see what you're up to.

Hey thanks for checking out the blog! I do plan to bring the pics over to the AVS Forum of my latest project. It just takes a while because AVS Forum, the pics have to be re sized down to 800x600 and that is not something I can do at work, so I plan to do it at home and by the time I chase the five year old down, make dinner, read a story it is 9pm and I get up at 4am ...you get the idea. New project post coming tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Brian,

I'm going to take you back a number of pages and ask you about your Jukebox project with the Album Player software. Regarding Album Player; curious what OS you are running on your jukebox PC?

I downloaded the demo version to check it out. It looks very nice, however; I downloaded it on our newer WIN7 machine (with an AMD Phenom 6 processor, and lots of RAM). Whenever I go to open Album Player > seems like it takes forever to open up. AND more worrisome for me; my hard drive would run almost continuously regardless of Album Player being open or closed? I ended up uninstalling Album Player, and I then recovered my PC back to the configuration of several days earlier and all is now well again.

Next up I will try Album Player again on the older XP box (the one I intend to use for the Jukebox). I'm thinking that perhaps Album Player does not yet "play nice" with WIN7?

Album player plays very nicely with my old Dell. When I say old, I mean oooold. The Demo versions sucks. I downloaded the Demo, and almost decided against it. But heard so many good things about Album Player, that I said screw it and bought it. Have not regretted it at all. Easy to use....best feature? Party mode. Eliminates drunken fighting over songs...guests can not push the PLAY button (disappears) the only push PLAY NEXT. It is awesome. I will look up which version of windows I am using tonight.
post #206 of 364
I will second what Brian is saying Craig as the demo version is complete junk! I too was almost turned off by it buy due to Brian's constant suggesting and positive feedback I went ahead with it and LOVE it. I am running (as I believe I told you) XP though. I do know that there are certain things out there that "7" doesnt play nice with though. I have "7" on my laptop and love it but in all honesty we may look back a few years from now and say "man that windows 7 was garbage" but who knows.....maybe windows 8 will rock!!
post #207 of 364
Brian / Steve,

Thanks! I'm going to assume what I experienced is unique to WIN7.

I'm going to charge ahead with AP on my older XP box (it is old; 900Mhz P3, 512Mb ram), I think it will work with that box, if not; at the very least I learn something in trying
post #208 of 364
Thread Starter 
Ok, on with the Other ProjectS Besides Bar:

I present to you ladies and gentleman...

The O'Shea's Neighborhood Pool. A 33' round, 4.5 ft deep monster that took 5 tanker trucks to fill.

7:00 Am...the pool guys arrive:





8:30 am, UFO landing pad all done


Wall going up:


First of 5 trucks arrive. Yes 5.
[IMG]http://oshea12566.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/pool-build-011.jpg
[/IMG]


Filler' up!


View from the deck:


View from the ground:


Now I have to learn how to keep 33,000 gallons of water all clean and sparkly fresh.
post #209 of 364
That is an enormous pool, dude! You could get your exercise by swimming laps, fer cryin' out loud!

Showing much more restraint than usual, I'll pass on the obvious redneck pool photos and instead offer you this pool warming gift to help keep those rowdy friends of yours in line once they migrate from the bar out to the pool:



And remember, Brian: while your lovely bride may choose to indulge in a little skinny dipping from time to time, you - my friend - may want to think about a slight variation of that ...



Enjoy the O'Shea Mountain Resort & Bar!
post #210 of 364
Awesome Brian. We put one in about 3 years ago now and it was money well spent....the entertainment/relaxation value is priceless. I would prefer an inground pool however for the cost vs return value its NOT an option. Its pretty neat to watch the install guys pop that baby up in a matter of a few hours. I also built a deck around mine which was NOT fun!! I ought to pop up a few pictures of mine to add some company to that monster.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › O'Shea's Neighborhood Bar Build