or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Nikita' on The CW HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Nikita' on The CW HD - Page 7

post #181 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The wife and I are also enjoying the show!

Same here, I actually wanted to pull the plug after the first few episodes(thought it was too over the top) but my wife wanted to watch a few more. I'm glad we did and now it's one of our favorite programs, the Christmas cliffhanger was a all time high and after they came back it's been very good also.
I agree with your character assessments and I'll comment on the two female leads, eye candy never looked so good How they can walk in those outfits, let alone fight is amazing
post #182 of 446
April 7th that's a month and a half away!
Another great episode this week, too bad we have to wait so long for a new installment
How is Nikita going to get away this time.......
post #183 of 446
Great episode!

They are going on hiatus with the rest of the CW scripted shows so they can run all new episodes through April and most of May Sweeps.

Were looking at this show being on Friday night next year.
post #184 of 446
Yep, 'Nikita' is hitting on all cylinders now. With the added ingredient of Alex's elaborate backstory this has become a kick-ass dose of weekly guilty pleasure worthy of an hour of my precious and limited tube time! Like most shows of this genre that succeed, they eventually settle into a ratings number that everybody is comfortable with and the showrunners get to morph their baby into a serialized narrative that challenges them and satisfies the remaining loyal fan base. For an example of how this same thing is occurring in the Big-Boy world, see FOX's ever more awesome 'Fringe'. They've realized they've got all the audience they're gonna' get and they're letting the show become the serialized sci-fi powerhouse it always wanted to be. The fans are loving it.
post #185 of 446
The one commonality between Fringe and Nikita... both provide excellent TV entertainment on a consistent basis!
May they both live long and prosper
post #186 of 446
I've so enjoyed Lyndsy Fonseca's performance in the recent episodes, I went to IMDB to see what else she has been in. I was surprised to find she was in 'Kick-Ass', which was already in my Netflix queue. So I bumped it up to the top and just watched it again. I saw the movie when it first hit the theaters, but didn't remember her at all. She plays Kick-Ass' girlfriend, but was just another pretty face. This time when I watched it, I kept picturing her as Alex and imagined how she could help to kick the bad guys' asses.

If you haven't seen the movie and aren't bothered by over the top violence and bad language, it is a lot of fun.

Duane
post #187 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post

I've so enjoyed Lyndsy Fonseca's performance in the recent episodes, I went to IMDB to see what else she has been in. I was surprised to find she was in 'Kick-Ass', which was already in my Netflix queue. So I bumped it up to the top and just watched it again. I saw the movie when it first hit the theaters, but didn't remember her at all. She plays Kick-Ass' girlfriend, but was just another pretty face. This time when I watched it, I kept picturing her as Alex and imagined how she could help to kick the bad guys' asses.

If you haven't seen the movie and aren't bothered by over the top violence and bad language, it is a lot of fun.

I loved Kick-Ass, too. It was the funniest movie I saw last year. Nick Cage gave the best performance I have seen from in years as the toweringly weird Big Daddy. Fonseca was just fine, too, although she didn't have a whole lot to do other than being pretty. Be warned, though, those who are likely to be bothered by a tiny 11 year old girl who turns the air blue with expletives and is a skillful assassin should stay far away from Kick-Ass.
post #188 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I loved Kick-Ass, too. It was the funniest movie I saw last year. Nick Cage gave the best performance I have seen from in years as the toweringly weird Big Daddy. Fonseca was just fine, too, although she didn't have a whole lot to do other than being pretty. Be warned, though, those who are likely to be bothered by a tiny 11 year old girl who turns the air blue with expletives and is a skillful assassin should stay far away from Kick-Ass.

Quick! Alert the PTC! Somewhere, somebody needs to get really offended by such cultural turpitude.
post #189 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Quick! Alert the PTC! Somewhere, somebody needs to get really offended by such cultural turpitude.

You probably remember that some posters to the Kick-Ass thread really were offended by a foul mouthed, lethally violent, 11 year old girl but I loved it, loved it, loved it! Anyway, thought I should give a warning for the benefit of those more likely than I to take offense. It's true, though, that compared to little Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass, Nikita and Alex are pikers, although Percy is certainly in Hit-Girl's class.
post #190 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

You probably remember that some posters to the Kick-Ass thread really were offended by a foul mouthed, lethally violent, 11 year old girl but I loved it, loved it, loved it! Anyway, thought I should give a warning for the benefit of those more likely than I to take offense. It's true, though, that compared to little Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass, Nikita and Alex are pikers, although Percy is certainly in Hit-Girl's class.

Haven't seen Kick Ass, but having just watched the movie Fish Tank, I am prepared for 10 yr olds cursing wildly I guess. Fonseca is lovely to look at though, so maybe I'll struggle through a Cage movie.
post #191 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

Haven't seen Kick Ass, but having just watched the movie Fish Tank, I am prepared for 10 yr olds cursing wildly I guess. Fonseca is lovely to look at though, so maybe I'll struggle through a Cage movie.

I haven't been much of a Cage fan, either, at least not since his early years. In Kick-Ass, though, Cage's weirdness really works for him and he creates a character in Big Daddy who is both strange and strangely appealing. Better yet, Lyndsy Fonseca is beautiful and charming as Kick-Ass' girlfriend, or as Big Daddy says the boyfriend's name in his faux Adam West voice, "Kick [beat] Ass." And best of all, Cage's phony Batman hoarse whisper is way funnier than the one Shane West uses on Nikita.
post #192 of 446
Don't know if anybody noticed, but we had a new Nikita last night. Glad it's back on the schedule. I missed it. Looks like Nikita may have a new ally.
post #193 of 446
I noticed great to see it back, this new mole should provide some great situations.
post #194 of 446
Plan to watch it tonight w/the wife.... glad it's back too.
post #195 of 446
I love this show. Reminds me of Alias.
post #196 of 446
I watched this week's Nikita earlier today and, as usual, enjoyed it. I am equally crazy about Nikita, the character, and Maggie Q, who plays her. This week she demonstrated to the murderous Kasim that it's a big mistake to f**k with Nikita. The lady is tough!

Unfortunately, the unremittingly pretty Shane West bugs me. When he twists his male model mug into a sneer and speaks in his Batman whisper-growl I always want to either cringe or laugh but can never decide which. That's too bad because his character, MIchael, is an interesting guy.

On the plus side, I like the young and beautiful Lyndsy Fonseca who plays Alex and always enjoy Xander Berkley as evil Percy. Also, the stories have been excellent and the show is beautifully filmed. All in all, Nikita is one of my favorite shows.
post #197 of 446
Another great episode of Nikita. I'm with you Gwsat, I love this show. I just have no idea what a well made show like Nikita, is doing on the CW.

I was actually shocked when it was revealed that Kasim had worked for Division and had been ordered by Percy, to kill Michael. I also liked that Michael was planning on double crossing Nikita.
post #198 of 446
I thought they tipped the hand toward Percy in the first episode dealing with the attack when he all of a sudden became Mr. Nice Guy.
post #199 of 446
Ah . . . wow. Perhaps it is just me, but Maggie Q has to have the hottest body on TV and the best wardrobe. Not to cross threads, but they need to give the new Wonder Woman a pair of the black tights Nikita is always wearing.

Another good episode between the crunching hard fights and Alex's little scene where she had to beat the lie-detector test.
post #200 of 446
No argument from me Between Nikita and Alex it just doesn't get much better! I still wonder how a network that's known for such shows as Gossip Girl and 90210 can come up with a gem like Nikita, wonderfully shot on film too sure hope it sticks around.
post #201 of 446
Thread Starter 
"Darth Maul" was awesome last night!
post #202 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post

Ah . . . wow. Perhaps it is just me, but Maggie Q has to have the hottest body on TV and the best wardrobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

No argument from me Between Nikita and Alex it just doesn't get much better!

Yeah, surprised I'm "allowed" to watch this show
post #203 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Yeah, surprised I'm "allowed" to watch this show

Actually I was ready to call it quits after the first couple episodes and it was my wife that wanted to keep watching it. For a while I just watched it for the eye candy but shortly after began really liking the story line and it's still got the great eye candy too
We've got the same thing going on now with Body Of Proof, again great eye candy(Dana looks fantastic) but I just don't think I'll ever get into that show, hope it gets canceled soon
post #204 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

No argument from me Between Nikita and Alex it just doesn't get much better! I still wonder how a network that's known for such shows as Gossip Girl and 90210 can come up with a gem like Nikita, wonderfully shot on film too sure hope it sticks around.

I like to view CW as the network that has Smallville and Supernatural. Nikita kind of fits in with super hero/anti hero thing going on.
post #205 of 446
This show definitely has great eye candy
I think Nikita & Alex actually top Tricia Helfer & Grace Park in BSG & they were hard to beat
post #206 of 446
I liked the Guardian protocol, and the mechanics of getting to know those people. I also like the Alex subplot for this week. It was a nice call back to the previous episode. I really did not like any of the interactions between Nkita, Michael, and the "crazy" guardian. It all seemed like a paint by the numbers effort.
post #207 of 446
"Can you hear me now?"
Another good Nikata episode, not great but sure worth the time IMO.
post #208 of 446
Yeah, shameless Verizon plug... in Geneva. I hope they paid for that.
post #209 of 446
I like the way that this show is willing to kill off characters. They trick you into thinking that a character is going to be around for awhile; and then, bang, they're dead. I thought that Jaden was going to be around for a long while; as a thorn in Alex's side. I mean, she just got a promotion to field agent. As surprised as I was, I'm also glad that Jaden is dead. She was just too suspicious of Alex, and liked to tell everyone about her suspicions. I didn't like the casual way that she suggests getting rid of Nathan. Jaden had a very casual disregard for human life. Good riddance.

Nathan sure is an idiot. His girlfriend tells him that she is working for a secret group of assassins. So as soon as he sees one of Alex's co-workers, he sarcastically remarks that she must be another assassin. What a moron. But he did redeem himself by killing Jaden, to save Alex.

I loved the scene with Alex and Amanda. When Amanda said she had just one more thing to say, I thought that it was going to be some question or piece of evidence that Alex would just barely be able to explain away. I didn't think that she would actually get caught. That was a neat surprise. I loved the way Amanda kicked or punched (can't remember which) Alex into the wall, like she was some weakling.

I like the way that this show is willing to shake things up. Lesser shows would milk plot lines out far several seasons. In one season, we've had a lot of pretty big advancements in the plot. Alex graduates to field agent, only to end up getting exposed as a traitor. Michael flips to Nikita's side. And they've recovered or destroyed half of the black boxes. That's a lot for just one season. I really hope that Nikita gets renewed. I'd like to see what Percy's evil plans for the US government are.
post #210 of 446
Great show last night.

I'm on the edge of my seat after Amanda found out about Alex.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Nikita' on The CW HD