I'm strongly considering this motherboard as well. I detailed my plan in this thread I created
. Here's what I plan on building:
- Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz
- Intel BOXDH57DD H57 Micro ATX Motherboard
- Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
- Intel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) <----- BOOT DRIVE
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM <----- MEDIA DRIVE
- Thermaltake WingRS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W ATX12V V2.3/EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Either Centon CableCard tuner or Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime
As I explain in my thread, I'll be using this as a Win7 MC backend, which will serve 2 Xbox360 media extenders. I'll probably use the HDHomeRun Prime when it gets released. In addition, it will serve as our office PC.
I'm going the Intel route since my current Intel cpu/mb combo has been going strong for 7 years. Reliability and power efficiency are prime reasons why I'm going w/ Intel.
I'll post my experience here once I get it up and running.