or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Samsung 3d TV app is available!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung 3d TV app is available! - Page 2

post #31 of 102
O.K.

I set up the TV. All is well in terms of the @InternetTV...

HOWEVER, when I try to watch the 3D stuff, two major issues...

1. Sound only comes out of TV speakers. I have the TV set up with a receiver via HDMI so I am unaware of why there is no sound...

2. The picture is doubled as if in side-by-side mode, and nothing I do seems to fix it!

Help
post #32 of 102
Wired:

Connect an audio cable from your TV to the receiver. Set the Speakers to External and PCM.
post #33 of 102
Cool. Will HDMI do the trick... I have a few floating around.

Also, any ideas on the image?? It's just a blurry mess... More acuratelty, it's doubled and side by side and I can't get it to work...
post #34 of 102
When I watch the trailers from the 3D app the TV notifies me to turn on my glasses and automatically puts the picture into the correct 3D mode.

I'd suggest two things:
(1) make sure you have the latest firmware (1026); and
(2) you may also want to delete and re-download the 3D app to make sure that nothing was corrupted during the initial install.
post #35 of 102
THANKS! I don't know if I want to do the firmaware update, though... I changed the settings on my C7000 and made it into a C8000 and I'm afraid the firmware update will revert the settings...
post #36 of 102
When I first tried the 3D app, it was blurry too. Even though a trailer will automatically turn on in 3D and you do not need to "turn on 3D" from the remote, pre-set it to 3D on the remote. Then run the app. For me, after doing that one time, the app now opens properly.
post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

O.K.

I set up the TV. All is well in terms of the @InternetTV...

HOWEVER, when I try to watch the 3D stuff, two major issues...

1. Sound only comes out of TV speakers. I have the TV set up with a receiver via HDMI so I am unaware of why there is no sound...

2. The picture is doubled as if in side-by-side mode, and nothing I do seems to fix it!

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

Wired:

Connect an audio cable from your TV to the receiver. Set the Speakers to External and PCM.

Do you need to connect a separate audio cable? I thought HDMI with ARC provided that function?
post #38 of 102
I have a samsung dlp 3d ready hdtv model #hl72a650 with ps3 and the 3da-1adapter and the hdmi detective plus.I used the tru3d directions and still no 3d.Can somebody tell me how to get 3d on my tv.Is there any device to activate the adapter.I have the dlp 3d x force3d glasses.I did get the ps3 firmware updated.3.50 and no 3d.I have done all that i could possibly do with this adapter kit.I read all the threads and try different things on the tv.Help!
post #39 of 102
IIRC, to use the ARC feature, it has to be plugged into HDMI Input 2.... At least this is what I recall on my PN50C7000.
post #40 of 102
Be nice if they updated the darn content already.
post #41 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice86 View Post
Be nice if they updated the darn content already.
Tell me about it. I picked up the wireless internet adapter a few months ago specifically so I could use this app, thinking that I would at least get a steady diet of 3D trailers and maybe the occasional PPV event. You'd think they'd throw some new content up once in a while.
post #42 of 102
A Samsung rep recently told me to watch that app as something big is coming... could be no big deal but that's what he said .

Jason
post #43 of 102
anyone know the reason for the downtime of Samsung Apps yesterday? did anyone check today to see if there is anything new, especially in the 3D app ?
post #44 of 102
so will Samsung finally release more content on the 3D app after CES '11 ?
post #45 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
so will Samsung finally release more content on the 3D app after CES '11 ?
The Samsung app was very similar to the Vudu front end and appeared to use their tech; seeing as Vudu is getting ready to offer 3D content, I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung does something around the same time frame.
post #46 of 102
I tried to watch the 3D movie trailers featured on the Samsung app yesterday, but the image was illegible. All that I could see was a side by side non-coordinated video image with multiple horizontal stripes on the right hand side of the screen. 3D Blu-ray and downloads from the PSN play fine on my Sammy 7000 PDP, but not the app trailers. Anyone else experience this condition? Any remedies?

Thanks.
post #47 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfield View Post

I tried to watch the 3D movie trailers featured on the Samsung app yesterday, but the image was illegible. All that I could see was a side by side non-coordinated video image with multiple horizontal stripes on the right hand side of the screen. 3D Blu-ray and downloads from the PSN play fine on my Sammy 7000 PDP, but not the app trailers. Anyone else experience this condition? Any remedies?

Thanks.

I have a Sammy 8000 LED, on my first try accessing the 3D app for trailers I noticed this, but after restarting the TV and going back into the app it worked fine
post #48 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
I have a Sammy 8000 LED, on my first try accessing the 3D app for trailers I noticed this, but after restarting the TV and going back into the app it worked fine
Thanks very much, I'll give that a try.
post #49 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

A Samsung rep recently told me to watch that app as something big is coming... could be no big deal but that's what he said .

Jason


Any new news from the Samsung rep?
post #50 of 102
Forget the Samsung App and use VUDU. Lots of free 3D trailers and pay per view 3d movies.
post #51 of 102
This app has been out for months and has not updated since.
post #52 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanriazaoif View Post

This app has been out for months and has not updated since.

And this in a nutshell is my biggest gripe with Samsung. They make good products and reasonable prices but their support is really inconsistent and can be very frustrating.
post #53 of 102
I second the recommendation on Vudu. Many 3d trailers now. Also, there is a free solar system app on Samsung Apps that gives a 3d view of the solar system, and 3d picture of Mars' surface. Pretty neat, plus some good facts about each planet
post #54 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

I second the recommendation on Vudu. Many 3d trailers now. Also, there is a free solar system app on Samsung Apps that gives a 3d view of the solar system, and 3d picture of Mars' surface. Pretty neat, plus some good facts about each planet

I might be missing something. I find 10 trailers and 4 are available to rent. Two of the 4 are cartoons and IMO the other 2 should be free. The car and castle films are the things I would expect to find for free on the Samsung app. The TV manufacturers promote exclusives in an attempt to sway the consumer. This is an opportunity for Samsung to promote the content in their app as a selling point. They made the app available last August with 3 trailers an show "coming soon" under the other categories. Why taunt us for 5 months and not deliver?

Thanks for the heads up on the Armchair Astronaut app. That is more entertaining than watching trailers.
post #55 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

Any new news from the Samsung rep?

Nope, sorry, I only met the guy once at a local magnolia (inside BB) store.

Jason
post #56 of 102
Does the Vudu app require an account, login or CC? I got netflix and don't need anything else. But, I would like to check out the free 3D stuff on there.
post #57 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by banduraj View Post
Does the Vudu app require an account, login or CC? I got netflix and don't need anything else. But, I would like to check out the free 3D stuff on there.
IIRC the Vudu app does require an account to be created (CC/payment info not required at initial sign-up, unless you plan on ordering movies after using up the free trial download). Netflix on-demand doesn't offer new and/or current-release titles for immediate download, whereas Vudu does offer quite a few new-release titles for download within weeks--if not same-day--of said titles' retail/in-store rental release. Example--Salt and Inception are already available for online streaming from Vudu...try seeing if you can stream either/both of those titles from Netflix.
post #58 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman View Post

IIRC the Vudu app does require an account to be created (CC/payment info not required at initial sign-up, unless you plan on ordering movies after using up the free trial download). Netflix on-demand doesn't offer new and/or current-release titles for immediate download, whereas Vudu does offer quite a few new-release titles for download within weeks--if not same-day--of said titles' retail/in-store rental release. Example--Salt and Inception are already available for online streaming from Vudu...try seeing if you can stream either/both of those titles from Netflix.

Can the free rental be used on a 3D movie? I'm going to download VUDU when I get home.
post #59 of 102
On VUDU you do not need to set up an account to view their offerings and 3D trailers.
post #60 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

On VUDU you do not need to set up an account to view their offerings and 3D trailers.

True, but if you want to take advantage of the free movie that is offered when you use Vudu for the first time you will need to set up an account.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Samsung 3d TV app is available!