or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › JVC DLA-HD250 new entry level DILA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC DLA-HD250 new entry level DILA - Page 53

post #1561 of 1856
Does anyone know if there is a faster/easier way to apply vertical stretch? Currently I only know of pressing Info, Right, Right, Down, Down, Down, Right, Menu to accomplish the task. Is that the only way? Is there an IR or serial code that can just turn the vertical stretch on or off? Thanks!

-Sean
post #1562 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230-SEAN View Post

Does anyone know if there is a faster/easier way to apply vertical stretch? Currently I only know of pressing Info, Right, Right, Down, Down, Down, Right, Menu to accomplish the task. Is that the only way? Is there an IR or serial code that can just turn the vertical stretch on or off? Thanks!

-Sean

I believe that in a users guide there is a page with all codes which can be used, but you have to send it to the port of the device.
post #1563 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito Joaquin View Post

Hey everyone!
We expect to receive them by next Wednesday. Just got confirmation that the batch we ordered is in route to us!

benito

"Are we there yet"?
post #1564 of 1856
Almost . The unofficial word was this wednesday. Official tracking states we will receive tomorrow! We will try to ship out the same day we receive. worse case scenario, we ship them out on Monday!

benito
post #1565 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito Joaquin View Post

Almost . The unofficial word was this wednesday. Official tracking states we will receive tomorrow! We will try to ship out the same day we receive. worse case scenario, we ship them out on Monday!

benito

ship me one will you
post #1566 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Did you just order it today? Any idea of an ETA? This would be a no brainer for me except the lack of frame interpolation. Whether it works well or not I like the option of being able to turn it on or off. I won't ask about the price because I have a phone and the FI is about a deal killer for me at this price point.

Oh, and while on the topic of pricing, I will not reference anyone here. I just want to say that folks objecting to AVS personnel pointing out that they have a particular unit available or on the way does not bother me a bit. Matter of fact it is no different than members giving out the same info. I know the rules and have to say that the forum has been very leniant with this sort of thing. I see it all the time, egg has it for this, big river that and nobody gets banned. That makes this place a valuable tool.

This particular unit is an excellent example. Available nowhere and they alert folks who want it that they have some on the way. Good stuff. I also get a feeling they make some pretty good deals so I cannot see a problem.

I will close with this: there is a Zero Tolerence on Costco posting sticky in one of the PJ forums, heck it is this one IIANM. Can't tell you how many posts violating that I have seen.

Anyway, the AVS store does not always show what is available, how else will we know?

I missed the begining of the story I guess: what is exactly this 'Zero Tolerence on Costo' posting. Is the name banned? (too late for that one)? Are we talking about prices? Something else? Would appreciate any clarifications.
post #1567 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouradb View Post
I missed the begining of the story I guess: what is exactly this 'Zero Tolerence on Costo' posting. Is the name banned? (too late for that one)? Are we talking about prices? Something else? Would appreciate any clarifications.
This refers to the practice some members had of a purchasing a projector at Costco and using it until something better came along (or just to test), then returning it to the store for a refund. This type of abuse went on for quite a while because Costco had a lifetime refund or exchange policy. This is no longer true since Costco eventually wised up to the scheme and now only accepts returns up to 90 days from date of purchase. AVS was not the only forum where these abuses were openly hawked and bragged about.
post #1568 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
This refers to the practice some members had of a purchasing a projector at Costco and using it until something better came along (or just to test), then returning it to the store for a refund. This type of abuse went on for quite a while because Costco had a lifetime refund or exchange policy. This is no longer true since Costco eventually wised up to the scheme and now only accepts returns up to 90 days from date of purchase. AVS was not the only forum where these abuses were openly hawked and bragged about.
That is pretty ridiculous that people would do that. Embarrassing really.

-Sean
post #1569 of 1856
Looks like AVS received their shipment.

Just received tracking info for my order.
post #1570 of 1856
Just got my shipment notice from AVS as well. I only ordered last week when I heard the shipment was coming in. I will post on my install when I get it up and running.

For what it is worth, I went with the HD250 over the RS40 because of the RS40's reported bulb dimming issues and my belief that 3D and LED technology will progress very quickly in the next 2-3 years, so I figured I would go with the 250 as a short term solution before upgrading to 3D PJ w/an LED lightsource in a 2-3 years when the tech matures a bit more and is a lot less expensive.
post #1571 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillXMA View Post
For what it is worth, I went with the HD250 over the RS40 because of the RS40's reported bulb dimming issues...
Same here. I came close to pulling the trigger on the 40 because I thought the 250 was never coming back. I waited because I really dont care about 3D and the bulb dimming issues. Glad I waited.
post #1572 of 1856
They have come in. As of Friday we had four remaining. If you are interested, call as they go fast.
post #1573 of 1856
My new HD250 is making some noise from the fan I'm not sure if it's normal for one of these. Kinda like a bearing going in an old hard drive. It fades in and out. Before I go through the effort of contacting JVC, do they just all do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMzNG7FT7Q
post #1574 of 1856
Not normal. I would contact JVC.
post #1575 of 1856
Definitely not normal. Contact JVC as soon as you get a chance.

Benito
post #1576 of 1856
Ok, I've gone from the epson 9350 to the epson 8700 to the new LG, and now to the JVC. This is my first pj, and I am working with a short throw (10ft), which seems to lend itself to this projector. Based on the throw chart, the epson is going to give 50fl at that distance, where the jvc will give 19 on a .7gain screen. I think the screen shots look awesome (what I've seen) and I am ready to pull the trigger, I THINK!.... my question is if anyone has been using this pj for gaming, as from what I can tell it's refresh rate isn't stellar. Are you having any drag/choppy scenes in high action games.. FPS/Racing/etc? If someone can confirm or deny this for me... I am set on purchasing this pj as my first. I am itching to start watching.. I've been thinking for too long!!!! quick replies would be awesome. Thanks
post #1577 of 1856
I just ordered the HD5250, and after reading through this forum, I am concerned about gaming/sports. We are uprgrading from a 720p Mitsubishi. My son uses the projector for gaming about 60% of the time, and the remaining 40% is probably split 50/50 with sports and movies. It sounds like this projector will exceed my expectations in the movie department, but I am concerned about the gaiming/sports. Does anyone have any issues with either gaming or sports?
post #1578 of 1856
Sports look very good on the 250. No blur like on LCD. I watch a lot of sports and had the Epson 8500. I prefer the 250 by a good margin.
post #1579 of 1856
Thanks for the quick reply. You can never stay ahead of the technology curve, expecially when you are on a budget. But it is nice to be able to get a good value for what you are paying for.
post #1580 of 1856
I took the plunge! First projector is on it's way, and it's the HD250. I hope I love it as much as I think I'm going to. Thanks Benito for the help and patience (we had many phone conversations). Wohoo!!!!
post #1581 of 1856
If you are looking at the projectorcentral projection calculator the information it's giving you is incorrect. Use the RS10 or HD350 as your projector.
A 100" diagonal screen, .7 gain at 10' will give you 23 fl.
post #1582 of 1856
I've been looking looking at replacing my old Toshiba MT-800 with a new 1080p model. The projectors i've been looking at are the Epson 8700, Panasonic 4000, and the JVC 250.

Any thoughts on my decision to go with the JVC? I don't think I can go wrong with any of there Projectors

About my setup, My room is about 11x20, a Draper 92" .9 gain screen. Games, Movies, and TV are watched.

I am thinking of the JVC, over the other units. I was poking around the JVC site and noticed there is a HD250 and a HD250pro model, does anybody know is there is a difference between the two projectors?

Thanks for your input
post #1583 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Perkins View Post

I am thinking of the JVC, over the other units. I was poking around the JVC site and noticed there is a HD250 and a HD250pro model, does anybody know is there is a difference between the two projectors?

I was looking at the 8700 and the 250 as well. I decided on the 250 based on everything I read. I believe I've read that the HD250 and the HD250 Pro are the same machine, just depends on where you buy it.
post #1584 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeage30 View Post

I was looking at the 8700 and the 250 as well. I decided on the 250 based on everything I read. I believe I've read that the HD250 and the HD250 Pro are the same machine, just depends on where you buy it.

Same projector. Just available through different outlets.
post #1585 of 1856
If someone could help me. I know the dimensions are 14 3/8 x 6 5/8 x 18 7/8 (W x H x D) but I need to know the dimensions of the feet and not the unit itself. I can't find this info at JVC's website. I am asking as I plan to have it sit on a shelf. The dimensions of the unit itself is too big for the shelf but I am sure that the feet do not take up that much space .. as in the unit can hang over the shelf. I just want to make sure the HD250 can still sit on the shelf.

Any info would much greatly be appreciated.

TIA
post #1586 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Perkins View Post

I've been looking looking at replacing my old Toshiba MT-800 with a new 1080p model. The projectors i've been looking at are the Epson 8700, Panasonic 4000, and the JVC 250.

Any thoughts on my decision to go with the JVC? I don't think I can go wrong with any of there Projectors

About my setup, My room is about 11x20, a Draper 92" .9 gain screen. Games, Movies, and TV are watched.

I am thinking of the JVC, over the other units. I was poking around the JVC site and noticed there is a HD250 and a HD250pro model, does anybody know is there is a difference between the two projectors?

Thanks for your input

The only thing that the other two projectors have over the HD250 is the brightness but for your size screen, i wouldn't be concerned about that. That would be one of my priorities if i was working with a 120" diagonal screen or something like that. But, for a 92" diagonal, that HD250 will have more than enough brightness and provide an amazing picture.

Benito
post #1587 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoi911 View Post

If someone could help me. I know the dimensions are 14 3/8 x 6 5/8 x 18 7/8 (W x H x D) but I need to know the dimensions of the feet and not the unit itself. I can't find this info at JVC's website. I am asking as I plan to have it sit on a shelf. The dimensions of the unit itself is too big for the shelf but I am sure that the feet do not take up that much space .. as in the unit can hang over the shelf. I just want to make sure the HD250 can still sit on the shelf.

Any info would much greatly be appreciated.

TIA


post #1588 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by med8 View Post

[img][/img]

thank you!
post #1589 of 1856
Would this work for the hd250?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

The answer I think is no.... It seems the holes on the jvc are ~14", and max distance on this is 12.5". Too bad, looked like a very reasonable mount.
post #1590 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito Joaquin View Post


The only thing that the other two projectors have over the HD250 is the brightness but for your size screen, i wouldn't be concerned about that. That would be one of my priorities if i was working with a 120" diagonal screen or something like that. But, for a 92" diagonal, that HD250 will have more than enough brightness and provide an amazing picture.

Benito

Since when is a Panny 4000 brighter than the JVC? I auditioned he Panny for 3 weeks and it doesn't come close to the cinema brightness of the JVC.

I run my JVC 250 equivalent (RS10) with a 148" scope HP screen in normal mode and it still burns the eye balls, I have stop down the iris to get it under control at 500 hrs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › JVC DLA-HD250 new entry level DILA