or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 686

post #20551 of 23178
4311 is on clearance at Best Buy.. Should I pick it up? Even get 2 yr no interest financing... decisions decisions.. It would be super overkill as I'm only got a 7.1 config (Klipsch RF82/RC62/RS41x4)??

I have an Onkyo TX-SR605 (like that AVR but only 2 HDMI sucks)

I don't have a 3D tv in the living room but that may be a 2014 upgrade biggrin.gif
post #20552 of 23178
Shut up. >o j/k. smile.gif I would if I could because you will also get 2 years warranty.
post #20553 of 23178
They're 1599, I may as well get the 4520 from avs store for not too much more. I'm hoping for 1300 or less with 2 years warranty.
post #20554 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

Shut up. >o j/k. smile.gif I would if I could because you will also get 2 years warranty.

Even if I run in 7.1 you don't think its super overkill? How well does Airplay work? Can you push Airplay to Zone2 if you want while watching a source on Zone1?
post #20555 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

They're 1599, I may as well get the 4520 from avs store for not too much more. I'm hoping for 1300 or less with 2 years warranty.

Not at my Best buy.. its 1000. Slam dunk to go ahead and do it?
post #20556 of 23178
I just installed my 4311 tonight and I think my sub out (primary out) is defective. After setting it up the system wouldn't detect my sub -- even tried sending test tones to no avail. I later changed the RCA to the second sub out, changed the setting to two subs and then it worked. Does that mean the sub # 1 out is bad? Grrr...I just got this thing.
post #20557 of 23178
Ok so I bit the bullet.. ordered the 4311.. will pick up tomorrow or tuesday. I just hope its worth it.. but if nothing else it gives me room to grow for a Zone 2 setup in the future.

At the price + 24mo no interest Was a slam dunk...
post #20558 of 23178
That's why I want a warranty. You'll never know with electronic.
post #20559 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

That's why I want a warranty. You'll never know with electronic.

3 yr according to best buy website... still built in japan?
post #20560 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000 View Post

I just installed my 4311 tonight and I think my sub out (primary out) is defective. After setting it up the system wouldn't detect my sub -- even tried sending test tones to no avail. I later changed the RCA to the second sub out, changed the setting to two subs and then it worked. Does that mean the sub # 1 out is bad? Grrr...I just got this thing.

Ok I tinkered with it more and it definitely is the primary sub out. I hooked up a second sub to both the primary and secondary sub out and again the primary sub out provided no sound with the test tone. It has to be defective I'm thinking.
post #20561 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

...at my Best buy.. its 1000. Slam dunk to go ahead and do it?
yup
post #20562 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

4311 is on clearance at Best Buy.. Should I pick it up? Even get 2 yr no interest financing... decisions decisions.. It would be super overkill as I'm only got a 7.1 config (Klipsch RF82/RC62/RS41x4)??

I have an Onkyo TX-SR605 (like that AVR but only 2 HDMI sucks)

I don't have a 3D tv in the living room but that may be a 2014 upgrade biggrin.gif

Is that for a new unit, demo, or refurb? If it's new, that's a great deal.
post #20563 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

That's why I want a warranty. You'll never know with electronic.

3 yr according to best buy website... still built in japan?

Yes, built in Japan.

Best Buy is an authorized dealer so even an open box will carry full 3 yr warranty.

I don't know what you mean by "super overkill"??
post #20564 of 23178
Brand new on clearance. And it's multiple best buys in Miami with it so appears to be national. I only hope a 2 yr old receiver is gonna last me a good 7-8
post #20565 of 23178
Batbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Yes, built in Japan.

Best Buy is an authorized dealer so even an open box will carry full 3 yr warranty.

I don't know what you mean by "super overkill"??

Batpig, I mean I'm not running super high end gear (klipsch reference) and only running 7.1 so isn't it a bit overkill compared to like a 2313 or 3313?
post #20566 of 23178
My woes continue. It appears I can't enable Audyssey xt 32 or dynamic EQ. When I select dynamic EQ on the remote it says to "Run Audyssey Auto Set Up", which I already did. I guess there's no question this unit is going back.
post #20567 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Batbi
Batpig, I mean I'm not running super high end gear (klipsch reference) and only running 7.1 so isn't it a bit overkill compared to like a 2313 or 3313?
Not batpig, but your speakers are fine and will certainly audibly reflect SQ improvements from the top version of Audyssey, XT32. IMO that is the main SQ breaktrhru feature of this model. The BB clearance deals are some of the best deals to be found on Denon AVRs, so you are getting a lot of AVR for the $, and a solid, reliable model, but not "overkill" at all IMO . Now if you had a HTIB speakers, it would be overkill.biggrin.gif
Got sub(s)?
post #20568 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000 View Post

My woes continue. It appears I can't enable Audyssey xt 32 or dynamic EQ. When I select dynamic EQ on the remote it says to "Run Audyssey Auto Set Up", which I already did. I guess there's no question this unit is going back.
If you've done the reset the reset the microprocessor procedure successfully (FPD flashes) more than once.
post #20569 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post

Not batpig, but your speakers are fine and will certainly audibly reflect SQ improvements from the top version of Audyssey, XT32. IMO that is the main SQ breaktrhru feature of this model. The BB clearance deals are some of the best deals to be found on Denon AVRs, so you are getting a lot of AVR for the $, and a solid, reliable model, but not "overkill" at all IMO . Now if you had a HTIB speakers, it would be overkill.biggrin.gif
Got sub(s)?
I've got a Klipsch RW-10d for a sub. Not highest end but thumps nicely
post #20570 of 23178
^It should thump even more nicely with XT32.biggrin.gif
post #20571 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Batbi
Batpig, I mean I'm not running super high end gear (klipsch reference) and only running 7.1 so isn't it a bit overkill compared to like a 2313 or 3313?

Overkill? I use my 4311CI in the living room with just small stereo L/R (NHT SuperOnes) speakers, not even a sub! How's that for overkill? wink.gif
post #20572 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Overkill? I use my 4311CI in the living room with just small stereo L/R (NHT SuperOnes) speakers, not even a sub! How's that for overkill? wink.gif

Ok, then you made me feel a little better.. I used to have an Onkyo TX-SR803 that got replaced with the TX-SR605 (was in bedroom) got swapped with a Denon 1612 that I picked up when I bought an LG 47LM8600 for bedroom.

I don't see myself buying a 4k TV anytime soon so thats about the only thing that could be missing; I assume its confirmed the 4311 won't even pass through 4K right? (I know it doesn't have a 4k decoder chip)
post #20573 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Overkill? I use my 4311CI in the living room with just small stereo L/R (NHT SuperOnes) speakers, not even a sub! How's that for overkill? wink.gif

And I use my 4311CI in my bedroom system with a pair of Focal 1007 S's and no sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

I don't see myself buying a 4k TV anytime soon so thats about the only thing that could be missing; I assume its confirmed the 4311 won't even pass through 4K right? (I know it doesn't have a 4k decoder chip)
I'm not sure if anyone has had a chance to try it as we would need someone with a 4K source (either native or upscaling) AND a 4K TV that accepts 4K inputs over HDMI to test it. But I doubt that the 4311 will pass 4K through. The good news is that it's pretty likely that many 4K source devices will include 2 HDMI outputs so those who need a connection direct to their display to bypass AVR limitations can do so. As an example, the Oppo BDP-103 and BDP-105 have dual HDMI outputs and support 4K upscaling.
post #20574 of 23178
Im not sure if this is the receiver or my ps3 media server. When I stream movies from my computer over my 1gig lan, my reciever little screen on the imput side flashes and the sound cuts in and out. When i stop the video and start again it stopped. haven try the blue ray yet, but i think it doesnt do it. My source is, computer stream to ps3 then to the reciever then tv.
post #20575 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

I'm not sure if anyone has had a chance to try it as we would need someone with a 4K source (either native or upscaling) AND a 4K TV that accepts 4K inputs over HDMI to test it. But I doubt that the 4311 will pass 4K through. The good news is that it's pretty likely that many 4K source devices will include 2 HDMI outputs so those who need a connection direct to their display to bypass AVR limitations can do so. As an example, the Oppo BDP-103 and BDP-105 have dual HDMI outputs and support 4K upscaling.
I thought the 4311 supported HDMI 1.4, which according to this site (http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/4K.aspx) should be able to support and pass 4K resolutions. As you said, however, until someone has a 4K source and 4K TV or PJ, we'll never know for sure.
post #20576 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Ok, then you made me feel a little better.. I used to have an Onkyo TX-SR803 that got replaced with the TX-SR605 (was in bedroom) got swapped with a Denon 1612 that I picked up when I bought an LG 47LM8600 for bedroom.

I don't see myself buying a 4k TV anytime soon so thats about the only thing that could be missing; I assume its confirmed the 4311 won't even pass through 4K right? (I know it doesn't have a 4k decoder chip)

Device implementation of both TVs and receivers with regards to 4K may change 3 times over the next 5 years.
post #20577 of 23178
I tried that too. Reset the processor last night but still had the same problem. Another problem I'm having is that it won't save Audyssey. At first it will, then for no reason Audyssey will stop working and it won't allow me to enable it or dynamic EQ. It just says "Run Audyssey set up" when I try to turn it in on from the remote.
post #20578 of 23178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

...I don't see myself buying a 4k TV anytime soon so thats about the only thing that could be missing; I assume its confirmed the 4311 won't even pass through 4K right? (I know it doesn't have a 4k decoder chip)
If it turns out that there's a problem with passing 4K thru the AVR I'd think you'd simply use one of the 4K player's HDMI to go directly to the 4K panel This is a common work-around for 3D, for those with older AVRs.
post #20579 of 23178
Well I picked up the 4311 during lunch from Best Buy... won't be hooking it up for a few more weeks but one thing is for sure.. this sucker is HEAVY biggrin.gif
post #20580 of 23178
I'd look into a second sub as your next upgrade. This will provide even better bass response than your single 10" sub and also *smoother* response due to the ability of two subs to even out the room modes. And you will be able to take full advantage of the SubEQ HT processing in your shiny new toy biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK]