Originally Posted by tron1974
So, I have some questions/impressions after a few weeks with the 4311.
1. Tonight the fan came on for the first time (at least first I noticed). I heard this buzz and figured out it was coming from the 4311. I put my hand on top and pushed a little on the top and the buzz stopped. As soon as I lifted by hand off the top the buzz started. I am hoping that this is an isolated incident. It appeared the top of the case was vibrating.
2. I have been getting the occasional audio drop out where I cannot get sound back without turning the unit off then on again. The source is my Dish Network 722.
3. I find the unit to sound pretty good. I am coming from a Sherwood P965 so it is a big upgrade. I had an A965 amp that I hooked up. The sound was noticeably better meaning it was a bit fuller sound.
4. I love all the features. I have used Pandora, network sharing, iPod and HD radio.
5. I like being able to fiddle with settings form my Web browser.
6. Audyssey sounds great for movies, but music I am not so convinced. It really bumps up my high frequencies to already bright speakers. For movies, it was nice, but music, I wanted more low end punch to make it sound natural. Fortunately, I can put it in Direct mode and bypass all of that.
7. The menus looks nice. I love the overlay. I thought I would love the overlayed volume control. It's nice, but I don't really look at it. I am planning on turning it off.
8. I tried to use the i/p scaler for the HDMI input for my sat signal and it did weird things. It could be a set up issue, but it made the images lag in a bit. I turned it off. Ileft it on for analog sources though.
9. I like that it just works. My P965 had more issues that were never resolved that I swore I would never own another Sherwood product again regardless of it's awesome Trinnov.
I am sure I will have more impressions over the next few months.